PDA

View Full Version : F1 - China

Smitty
18th April 2009, 06:15 AM
Predictions for the weekend then?

Stil can't see past Brawn and Button for this weekend, but I reckon the gap is getting closer.

Looks as if McLaren have improved so hopefully Lewis can get some decent points out of this one! :yes nod:

Thank god the diffuser row has been put to bed!! :moonie:

The Dogfather
18th April 2009, 09:34 AM
Some interesting qualifying results, I supsect Alonso and the Red Bulls are all starting with the soft compound tyre so will be running with a low fuel load.

john
18th April 2009, 11:53 AM
I would expect the other teams to have the same diffuser by now;)

john
18th April 2009, 02:03 PM
POLE. Vettel
2. Alonso
3.Webber

Smitty
18th April 2009, 02:42 PM
Fuel Loads (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9202.html)

As I expected, Red Bull ad i particular Alonso are running very light compared the Brawn GP.

I think your right Dogfather - start on the super softs to get that stint out of the way, as those tyres are terrible!!

Alonso will be wishing he hadn't ditched KERS for this race....otherwise he would easily be able to skip Vettel from the start!

euan
18th April 2009, 04:31 PM
Alonso will be wishing he hadn't ditched KERS for this race....otherwise he would easily be able to skip Vettel from the start!

Yeah, but would you fancy sitting on a load of batteries that had the chance of going on fire? He wasn't convinced by the safety after they found water in the system (though, in the rain last time out, I think EVERYTHING would have had water in it.

Did you see this video?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/__DpDTDyc4g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/__DpDTDyc4g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Smitty
19th April 2009, 10:46 PM
Brilliant Race :smilewinkgrin:

Hats of to Red Bull, Vettel And Webber - didn't put a foot wrong all day!

And - they make those cars strong nowadays don't they! How Buemi and Vettel were still running after that coming together, god knows, and as for Kubica....his car should have been dead and buried!!

Can't wait for Bharain :thumbs up:

Crombers
19th April 2009, 11:02 PM
In disscusions with the 'Red Team' , speak soon :argh:

euan
20th April 2009, 07:01 AM
Brilliant Race :smilewinkgrin:

Hats of to Red Bull, Vettel And Webber - didn't put a foot wrong all day!

And - they make those cars strong nowadays don't they! How Buemi and Vettel were still running after that coming together, god knows, and as for Kubica....his car should have been dead and buried!!

Can't wait for Bharain :thumbs up:

Vettel had a superb weekend, considering his performance in qualification as well (1 lap per session). They've been showing this speed for a while now, just hope they can continue to develop the car so we have a real championship race this year.

I'm rather enjoying the upside down nature of this season so far!

mini saltire
20th April 2009, 09:28 AM
Great to see the lesser teams getting a bite at the cherry. Vettel drove really well all weekend and deserved his win. Great result for Webber too and a no frills 3rd podium in a row for JB. :thumbs up:

Smitty
21st April 2009, 08:59 PM
What did everyone think of Lewis's performance?

He was quick...but maybe just a little over keen??