PDA

View Full Version : A seal has scuffed my roof?

d00b
20th April 2003, 01:39 AM
Coming back from a nice camping trip to Machrahanish on Kintyre (some nice roads for the Mini), I'm doing 65mph+ on the A82 near Dumbarton and I hear a banging on the roof of my 1 and 1/2 week old One so I pull over to find the seal between the roof and the windscreen has come loose and is battering the roof :eek:

I phone roadside assistance who tell me, as I'm nearly there, it should be safe to proceed home if I take it off. The technician come to my house and simply "pops" it back in. So I ask why has it come loose? He's afraid he has no idea? Great so what am I to do? Well I have to take it to the dealer for them to investigate, and anyway they have to polish out the big scuff marks the seal has made whilst pounding my roof. :(

I'm just glad I stopped when I did as the road was busy and I would not like to be the person behind me who might have got the seal through their window :eek:

Yes I'm one half of MiniFeb29 on Mini2 :)

Willie M
20th April 2003, 07:16 AM
OUCH !! :blackeye:
That's a bit of a nasty D00b :eek: I'd certianly let the dealer know that I was less than chuffed about it.

Hope everything gets sorted to your satisfaction.

Julz
20th April 2003, 06:50 PM
Hee hee, when i first read the heading, I pictured the sea mammal bouncing off your roof!!:D;)

duncan
20th April 2003, 07:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Hee hee, when i first read the heading, I pictured the sea mammal bouncing off your roof!!:D;)

Glad it wasn't just me then, phew!:D

Linda M
21st April 2003, 02:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by satelite

Glad it wasn't just me then, phew!:D
ME TOO :D:D:D
Get to your dealer doob, I'd be real miffed with scuff marks on my roof :mad:

d00b
21st April 2003, 03:38 PM

Should never have tied that fish to the arial? :clown: