PDA

View Full Version : Freelander 2

N12 JLK
16th April 2009, 03:42 PM
Lesley had one as a hire car and we both really liked it, called into the dealer in Stirling today and had a wee nosey. I liked it very much and have now started surfing the dealers looking at them, does this mean my Mini days are over or is it a passing faze. We now have the dog and the mini isn't really practical and I know I have a company car but its always full of samples and work goodies so its not practical either to empty all the time. Haven't bought one so don't worry.
What do you folks think of them, you get a lot of car for your money compared to the Mini especially with the deals on them as they are throwing them at you in this current climate.
Thought welcome.

Jason

AndyP & Lenore
16th April 2009, 04:23 PM
We love ours. Practical, versatile, gutsy - a little thirsty as it's a petrol.

As we no longer have the dog issue, we're looking to shift ours on though....;)

A.:D

sedgie
16th April 2009, 05:42 PM
Ach dinnae be daft, you can get yer dog in the mini....William sit in the back no probs;):D

john
16th April 2009, 06:11 PM
We have an 04 freelander TD4 and a MINI:thumbs up:

Scottie
16th April 2009, 06:15 PM
I liked the freelander 2 :thumbs up: Only you can decide to get one instead of a mini.

zimbo
16th April 2009, 10:13 PM
:eek: No No Nooooooo :moonie:

Road tax and fuel will be :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
16th April 2009, 10:18 PM
:eek: No No Nooooooo :moonie:

Road tax and fuel will be :Whistle:

Sad, but true.:frown:

A.:sad:

ianking
17th April 2009, 08:23 AM
My Grandad recently got delivery of his freelander 2. The deal he got was amazing. He got a td4 manual (cant remember which exact spec model)with sat nav, bluetooth, big alloys, good hi-fi system, various other extras which makes it much more loaded than a MINI and he got £7k off list after shopping about. It was a brand new car 09 plate he is first reg keeper and had choice of colour.
Ive no had a shot of it yet but might nip down to his next week for that reason.

Up to you what you want to do but I think you will take a bit of a hit with the MINI due to changing it so soon. Its up to you though what you do. Maybe after the run on Sunday you will have cleared your mind.

Scottie
17th April 2009, 09:58 AM
09 plate. Range rover vogue v8 diesel with psp in the rear
42k. Not bad

KenL
17th April 2009, 10:03 AM
09 plate. Range rover vogue v8 diesel with psp in the rear
42k. Not bad

I hate those monsters :frown:

Scottie
17th April 2009, 10:09 AM
I like them wrote the chq for the car this morning. Sadly it's my boss that's buying.

N12 JLK
17th April 2009, 11:36 AM
We love ours. Practical, versatile, gutsy - a little thirsty as it's a petrol.

As we no longer have the dog issue, we're looking to shift ours on though....;)

A.:D

Sounds good Andy and would be full of toys but if I did get one it would be the new deisel engined ones . Anyway you could post the spec and pm me an asking price to tempt me.

SarahMunro
17th April 2009, 12:06 PM
You told Mr King and I when we changed to the one series that we would miss the mini and would be back in 6 months. You were right, so i'm going to say that if you change you will miss the mini and will be back in 6 months! :argh:

ianking
17th April 2009, 12:09 PM
You told Mr King and I when we changed to the one series that we would miss the mini and would be back in 6 months. You were right, so i'm going to say that if you change you will miss the mini and will be back in 6 months! :argh:

We had our 1 series for 9 months dear.

SarahMunro
17th April 2009, 01:44 PM
We had our 1 series for 9 months dear.

:idea:

Apologies my mistake

Craig
17th April 2009, 01:45 PM
this from the man who said he would never be without a MINI and that they would have to bury you in a MINI ? :Whistle:

You had the MINi before the dog, so not sure how what the process was when buying the dog thinking about how you transport it. . .

As Sedgie says, you can get a dog in the back... ;)

Crombers
17th April 2009, 03:18 PM
Seeing as how nobody will probably ever sit in the back of your repmobile why don't you cover up the back seat & make 'pooch' comfortable in there.