PDA

View Full Version : Alrighty everyone

Purdie
14th April 2009, 09:19 PM
Newbie to the site. 21 years old from motherwell direction. Had my Cooper S for over a year now. Seen you all at fast and modified last year, I was there with another cruise site. I drive a cooper s, dark metallic silver with aero kit, dechromed, privacy glass, black anthracite roof, twin sunroofs, 17inch bullet rims( took the 18's off - too bumpy) and it is a very cherished little mini. Currently lying in bmw gettin rebuilt after an unfortunate accident with a fox which then led sideways into a pole but I should have it back by friday hopefully.

ps does anyone have any info where the blue cooper s at f&m got the wheels coating and engraved, they look awesome. cheers everyone

Smitty
14th April 2009, 09:30 PM
Welcome to NMS :bigwave:

Sorry to hear about your incident with the fox - hope you get you MINI back to normal soon.

stoney
14th April 2009, 10:12 PM
:welcome: i live not far from motherwell i have a blue cooper s with the loud :shut up: exuaust may see you around :thumbs up:

audrey
14th April 2009, 10:19 PM
Hi :bigwave:

Hope you get your car back soon :thumbs up:

Purdie
I think you may have the exhaust i was ordering for mines a while back. I'm not lookin at the borla system. dont want loud, but something that is deep and has a good rip when u give it some. I used to end up down mfi in hamilton on sundays. not anymore though. was always with a guy with a blue 206 with the big front mount intercooler.

Purdie
Hi :bigwave:

Hope you get your car back soon :thumbs up:

lol cheers, im missing it more than i thought

stoney
14th April 2009, 10:24 PM
I think you may have the exhaust i was ordering for mines a while back. I'm not lookin at the borla system. dont want loud, but something that is deep and has a good rip when u give it some. I used to end up down mfi in hamilton on sundays. not anymore though. was always with a guy with a blue 206 with the big front mount intercooler.

mine is custom made got my works exuast choped up and a gtt manifold with de cat pipe :D

dont go down mfi full of neds most the time ;)

Purdie
14th April 2009, 10:35 PM
thats why i stopped going, not into the whole cruise thing anymore. i was looking at the gt-t tuning package but shat out it..

im usually found driving about the town. dont use my car much, drive the work van lol, like to keep the car in a good condition, sunday driving only haha

RyanK
14th April 2009, 10:38 PM
welcome mate car sounds nice! Look forward to seeing some pics

stoney
14th April 2009, 10:40 PM
thats why i stopped going, not into the whole cruise thing anymore. i was looking at the gt-t tuning package but shat out it..

im usually found driving about the town. dont use my car much, drive the work van lol, like to keep the car in a good condition, sunday driving only haha

i am the same the misses uses the car some times in the week

well if you like sunday driving get your self on a run there is one on this sunday :thumbs up:

Purdie
14th April 2009, 10:46 PM
where abouts, might not make it, would love to come though. seen all the cars at fast and modified... im workin loads the now saving up cash for the holidays and all that jazz. gettin wheels powder coated charcoal anthracite next week and front windows smoked a little on saturday hopefully if i have it back

stoney
14th April 2009, 10:49 PM
have a look here this is the thred http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16179

it has the run notes on the front page

i know all about savin the cash i am geting hiched in aug

AndyP & Lenore
14th April 2009, 11:07 PM
:welcome:

When you get your car back and it's all nice and shiny, get some pics up.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Crombers
15th April 2009, 07:11 AM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

Ivano
15th April 2009, 08:41 AM
Hello and :welcome:

Gismo
15th April 2009, 08:43 AM

Colin
15th April 2009, 09:25 AM

shaunbhoy67
15th April 2009, 12:53 PM
hey there :welcome:

mizemz
15th April 2009, 07:01 PM
Hey and :welcome:
Hope u get car back soon xx

Mini Ecosse
15th April 2009, 07:09 PM

Hamish
15th April 2009, 07:14 PM
:welcome: have fun

Purdie
17th April 2009, 08:00 PM
thanks for the welcome everyone, its really appreciated.
I was on the phone to audio advice today and they were sayin they were doing installs in a few of the cars. Gonna call in next week and see about getting a nice install done. Get the mini back on Monday.... cannot wait

camjay
17th April 2009, 08:14 PM
Hiya. Nice to meet you. Live near you too - probably see you around! Don't be shy. :bigwave:

Duncan Stewart
18th April 2009, 08:08 PM

Audio Advice
18th April 2009, 08:52 PM
thanks for the welcome everyone, its really appreciated.
I was on the phone to audio advice today and they were sayin they were doing installs in a few of the cars. Gonna call in next week and see about getting a nice install done. Get the mini back on Monday.... cannot wait

Purdie

Thanks for calling sir - look forward to making your car sound special inside as well as outside (to match your exhaust note) :thumbs up:

Cheers

Iain

leighj
19th April 2009, 09:51 PM
hey and welcome :D

Purdie
20th April 2009, 07:21 PM
cheers ppl.. a quick question, does anyone no where the girl with the white engraved wheels got them done. ive got mines booked in to get the done matt black, dont no whether to do it? any views, its on a dark metallic silver cooper s with aero kit, black anthracite roof and privacy glass... should i do it?

zimbo
21st April 2009, 09:12 AM
Hi Purdie and welcome to the site. Your car sounds nice, as far as engraving your wheels goes I would not recommend it because you will be affecting the whole structure of the wheel and thats not a good idea, yes it does look cool but I would rather have peace of mind and safety over looks. Thats my 2p worth :yes nod:

J444 JNY
22nd April 2009, 12:16 PM
Hi

Can usually find me in town, shall keep an eye out for your wee mini :p

Jenny

Purdie
22nd April 2009, 06:25 PM
lol cheers jenny, give me a shout if you see me about.. not got my car back yet though, when it was gettin rebuilt the found that the steering column has moved and bent, the suspension arms were bent and it needed a new strut... not good.. lying in douglas park in east kilbride just now..thats 4 weeks its been away now. missing it, should be back tomorro though

J444 JNY
27th April 2009, 11:35 AM
lol cheers jenny, give me a shout if you see me about.. not got my car back yet though, when it was gettin rebuilt the found that the steering column has moved and bent, the suspension arms were bent and it needed a new strut... not good.. lying in douglas park in east kilbride just now..thats 4 weeks its been away now. missing it, should be back tomorro though

Not good to hear at all :sad:

Hope you have got that car back now though ;)