PDA

View Full Version : Nissan GT-R

ianking
14th April 2009, 08:54 AM
The local Datsun dealer is just around the corner from my work. They are one of the appointed dealers for the GT-R. All week GT-Rs have been lined up at the front of the showroom awaiting collection by the new owners.
There have been silver, white, black and gun metal grey. White looks the best in my opinion.

Stopped the other night and took a couple pics with my phone so not the best quality but you get the jist of the shape of the car. It looks so good. I looked into the workshop window and there was at least another half dozen sitting in there waiting to go. You might just make out the front of a black one in the showroom

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/Image0064.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/Image0062.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/Image0063.jpg

MINI William
14th April 2009, 09:04 AM
Yehp there is tones sitting there had a wee look the other night aswell.I dont think they can be all sold :frown:

ianking
14th April 2009, 09:09 AM
Well I was speaking to Davie Noble 3 or 4 months ago at the wee cafe in the industrial estate here and he said that he had taken a good 70 deposits for them so I would imagine that the cars here now are dribbling through as the sold cars. One was going away the other night in a covered trailor. I saw a couple picking there one up the other night from the front of the showroom.

Gismo
14th April 2009, 09:20 AM
I like the look of that :thumbs up:

zimbo
14th April 2009, 11:46 AM
I like the look of that :thumbs up:

I would do ANYTHING, yes thats right I said ANYTHING to get one of these... I saw one in Black in Broughty Ferry heading through towards Barnhill and Monifieth on Sunday grrrrrrr

Damn I wish I had enough money to be able to get one of these babies :yes nod:

MINI William
14th April 2009, 01:42 PM
I would do ANYTHING, yes thats right I said ANYTHING to get one of these... I saw one in Black in Broughty Ferry heading through towards Barnhill and Monifieth on Sunday grrrrrrr

Damn I wish I had enough money to be able to get one of these babies :yes nod:

Have you seen the servicing costs

zimbo
14th April 2009, 02:07 PM
Have you seen the servicing costs

Nope wont look that deep till possibility of being serious about purchasing :hand: which in my case will prob be NEVER... :argh:

euan
14th April 2009, 04:55 PM
My mate had his name down for one and cancelled it. I think he was playing the game of selling it on for a profit, but there was no waiting list for it so he cancelled it. Don't agree with the practice, but demand is lacking at the moment for stuff like this.

Smitty
14th April 2009, 05:53 PM
I would do ANYTHING, yes thats right I said ANYTHING to get one of these...

I'll second that. Most amazing car you can bu for £60k....hands down!!

Scottie
14th April 2009, 07:51 PM
is that the one JC drove on top gear??

illegalhunter
14th April 2009, 07:53 PM
Well worth the 60k

stoney
14th April 2009, 10:07 PM
cracking looking car would just love a shot of one

one day i will have one as a toy :yes nod::yes nod: (i wish:lol:)

MrMischief
14th April 2009, 10:18 PM
Ohhh yes...I like a lot :yes nod: but I still like the old school R32 GTR's, there's something really mean about them :knife:

What's the service schedule on them? Can't be much worse than caring for any other forced induction car, max of 4k miles between oil changes and/or after any hard track action to keep it tip top.

Knox18
14th April 2009, 11:55 PM
servicing seems steep on them :eek::eek::eek::eek:

guy on the lancer register cancelled his order and bought a 10 mr 360

"Nissan GTR
6,000 mile service (or 6 months) £683.00 inc vat
12,000 mile service (or 6 months) £683.00 inc vat
Please note that the below costs are tentative costs and subject to final confirmation and change.
Maintenance Inspections
A performance optimisation service will be carried out at 1500 miles (mileage subject to final confirmation).
Maintenance Inspections will then be carried out at 12, 24 and 36 months.
These first four Maintenance Inspections are included in the price of your GT-R.
Costs of any future Maintenance Inspections will be announced at an appropriate date in the future.

Scheduled Servicing
The service interval for the GT-R is 6000 miles/6 months whichever comes sooner.
Tentative service cost examples have been provided by Nissan and are as follows (the following examples are an annual cost based on the quoted mileage):
Up to 12,000 miles per annum:
£785 for scheduled servicing
£4150 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

18,000 miles per annum:
£1725 for scheduled servicing
£5090 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.
Cost of replacement tyres will be announced as soon as prices are available
911 Turbo is £474 every 12,000 miles or 2 years & £605 for major service 24,0000 miles or 4 years
Just for comparison purposes, the Porsche 997 Service prices are here:

997TT Transmission oil should be changed every 120,000 miles or 12 years, as compared to every 18,000 in the GTR if you use the throttle (as stated in the manual)!
Just doing a quick comparison of GTR vs Porsche 997TT (so both 4wd, twin-turbo, 480bhp cars).

Services over 12,000 miles:
GTR requires two services total cost £784
Porsche requires one @ £463

Brakes.
GTR Front Discs/Pads = £1,704
997TT as above = £939
GTR Rear Discs/Pads = £1,522
997TT as above = £839

So basically if we add up all three of the above and assume a 12,000 mile ownership and a complete set of front/rear brake all round we get:
GTR = £4,010
997TT= £2,241

So the GTR costs 80% more than a 997TT to run on normal servicing/parts.
This of course excludes the £446 cost of transmission fluid in the GTR that occurs every 18,000 miles vs £124 every 120,000 miles in the 997TT. Interesting that Porsches 7 speed twin-clutch system needs one fluid change over 120,000 miles, whereas Nissans 6 speed twin-clutch system requires more than 6 fluid changes over the same period

facts from Nissan on the situation regarding 'VDC off', the warranty requirements regarding track-use, or indeed confirmed details of servicing or tyre costs.

Servicing costs over 12,000 miles including brakes of circa £4,000.
Servicing/brake costs that are nearly or more than twice that of a Porsche 997 Turbo that costs double the price to buy.
A requirement for pre/post trackday inspections
Voiding of warranty between these dates
Voiding of warranty if the VDC is turned off.

All of these conditions and prices are completely at odds with what was expected at the time of placing the deposit, for a car that was advertised as "Anytime, Anywhere" and where the sales materials and indeed the driving introduction focussed almost entirely on it's track performance. This is also massively at odds with the requirements of manufacturers of the main competitor products, such as Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari and BMW, . None of them void warranty for track-use, other than due to 'abuse', or require any special pre/post-trackday inspections.

I reserve my right to cancel the GTR order and obtain a full refund on the basis that the car and it's uses are simply not up to what was advertised. There's also been a change in Wheel colour and tyres since the contract was signed.

Took me 4 weeks and letter to head office to get Nissan Westway (Oxford) to send me my deposit back.

Now I'm a very proud owner of a Evo X 360, when it arrives this Thursday"

ianking
15th April 2009, 09:19 AM
My god the service costs are extreme.

zimbo
15th April 2009, 10:22 AM
:thud:Mmmm GT-R owners = "millionaires R US" :moonie:(you'll need to be)

Damn it!!! :argh: oh well looks like I'll just have to keep dreaming then... :frown:

euan
15th April 2009, 12:56 PM
Blimey, that's complicated, and very, very expensive! Porsche are not bad for their costs though, would be more interesting to see how they compared to something of similar sales numbers, like a Ferrari or an Aston Vantage.

MrMischief
15th April 2009, 10:37 PM
That's great news - the 997 TT seems much more affordable now, I can try to justify one to the wife
:clap::D:clap:

Nissan have gone way OTT with servicing costs, although it's good that you get some servicing included with the purchase price, it's probably the only way they could "disguise" the cost to prospective owners. A bit disappointing to hear how high they are, especially for brake discs & pads and they're not even ceramic :rolleyes:

The spec & options are pretty disappointing to be honest, the only differences between the basic version & the Premium & Black Editions are the auto windscreen wipers/headlights/dimming rear view mirror, the stereo & the colour of the wheels.

Nice to see that negative lift (downforce) features on the options list and is standard on all models :lol:

illegalhunter
16th April 2009, 07:03 AM
I dont think the normal non lottery winners will queing up for the GTR

camjay
17th April 2009, 12:57 PM
I absolutely LOVE this car! This is my dream motor!
My husbands got a R33 GTS, so I'm a bit partial to a Skyline. I'm getting a few lottery tickets tonight, thats for sure. ;)

Crombers
17th April 2009, 03:28 PM
Think I'll just keep the Punto :rolleyes:

Smitty
17th April 2009, 03:41 PM
Seriously...you guys are getting a little hot under the collar about servicing costs here....

Who would really care when you have a car that looks like that, and goes like a bat outta hell for nearly half the price of it's nearest rival!! :D :D

The grin factor every time you drive it would soon wipe out the servicing costs :yes nod: