PDA

View Full Version : Help asap please!!

camjay
13th April 2009, 05:04 PM
Hi. Just gone to fuel up the car and the deisel nozzle won't go in! There is a bar that has fallen accross the inside of the filler neck which looks to be on some sort of spring mechanism. I does move, but doesn't open fully to allow the deisel nozzle from the pump in!:ragin: Only got 100 miles of deisel left - got to get to work tomorrow - panicking!!!!! (I drive as part of my job)

camjay
13th April 2009, 05:42 PM
Can I just add that I am aware BMW has some protective system to prevent putting petrol into a diesel car (or visa versa). It was definately diesel I tried to put in (very conscious of this in case I make a mistake).:confused:

stoney
13th April 2009, 05:57 PM
i would phone bmw sevice out if i was you

Ferengo
13th April 2009, 09:40 PM
0800777101. That's the number for Mini assistance. they helped me when I couldn't get my car started. Best number you can have other than calling the nearest dealer. I think they're 24hr to.

Gismo
13th April 2009, 09:46 PM
if your car is still covered by mini warranty i would call mini assist immediately :yes nod:

Ferengo
14th April 2009, 09:37 AM
if your car is still covered by mini warranty i would call mini assist immediately :yes nod:

I think it is, she has a 58 plate and the warranty is 3 years isn't it, or is it only a year?

Purdie
14th April 2009, 09:14 PM
yeah its a two year warranty with a year dealer warranty im sure, i may be wrong though

camjay
17th April 2009, 12:39 PM
Guys. Hi. Computer been off for a few days. Went into Parks in Glasgow and the guy fixed it in 2 seconds. It IS to do with this "safety" mechanism, and, sometimes, even though you're putting the proper nozzle in, if you put it in at a funny angle, it can trigger the mechanism and therefore puts this "locking" system on! There are 2 buttons on the filler neck which you push together and this releases it! I don't fancy doing this, as I value my fingers too much! :D

To be honest, its a system I could do without!!!!!!! Thanks for the advice though and I've kept the mini assist number. I don't know what it is, but i've only had this car for 6 months, and its given me quite a bit of bother already!!:sad: Has anyone else had a car thats been "unlucky"???

ianking
17th April 2009, 01:05 PM
yeah its a two year warranty with a year dealer warranty im sure, i may be wrong though

3 year warranty for all new MINIs registered in the UK.

Ferengo
17th April 2009, 02:12 PM
Guys. Hi. Computer been off for a few days. Went into Parks in Glasgow and the guy fixed it in 2 seconds. It IS to do with this "safety" mechanism, and, sometimes, even though you're putting the proper nozzle in, if you put it in at a funny angle, it can trigger the mechanism and therefore puts this "locking" system on! There are 2 buttons on the filler neck which you push together and this releases it! I don't fancy doing this, as I value my fingers too much! :D

To be honest, its a system I could do without!!!!!!! Thanks for the advice though and I've kept the mini assist number. I don't know what it is, but i've only had this car for 6 months, and its given me quite a bit of bother already!!:sad: Has anyone else had a car thats been "unlucky"???

16 times with dash rattles, 2 sets of runners for the passenger seat and one set for the driver, new door seals on both sides, new arial, New speedo cluster, felt pack added, new dash trim, Gerabox parts replaced and interior door trim replaced on drivers side, think that's all. So yes you're not alone with the R56 :D. Glad you got it fixed.

camjay
17th April 2009, 02:54 PM
16 times with dash rattles, 2 sets of runners for the passenger seat and one set for the driver, new door seals on both sides, new arial, New speedo cluster, felt pack added, new dash trim, Gerabox parts replaced and interior door trim replaced on drivers side, think that's all. So yes you're not alone with the R56 :D. Glad you got it fixed.

Hi G. Yep I know. I'm now going :off topic: but it shouldn't really surprise me. A few years ago, when I got my R50 from new, it was back to the garage about 20 times with various niggles. Mini's are not without their (many) faults, but I still love them!:thumbs up:

Ferengo
17th April 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi G. Yep I know. I'm now going :off topic: but it shouldn't really surprise me. A few years ago, when I got my R50 from new, it was back to the garage about 20 times with various niggles. Mini's are not without their (many) faults, but I still love them!:thumbs up:

Agree. For all their faults I wouldn't be without one.

camjay
27th April 2009, 04:40 PM
AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!:argh::argh::argh::argh::arg h::argh: Its only gone and bloody done it again. Back to Parks to get this fixed. Its annoying the life out of me!!!!!:sad::sad: