PDA

View Full Version : Playmini

Smitty
12th April 2009, 02:42 PM
What does everyone have on here - the silenced or un-silenced link pipe?

I want a nice growl, but don't want it to be stupidly loud! :shut up:

Also, approximately how much would I be to get it all fitted?

And does anyone have a used one up for offer!!? :popcorn:

Craig
12th April 2009, 04:49 PM
Ok Smitty, I think I speak for all when I say UNSILENCED ALL THE WAY :yes nod:

its not overly loud and infact is very civilised until your giving it the beans. :thumbs up:

Fitting, well takes less than 30 mins (as long as your old one isn't rusted on :rolleyes:) and most local garages will do it for about £30 to £40. You could do it yourself if you have access to some ramps. The higher you get the car, the easier it is.. ;)

Nope, not got one to sell - defo keeping this one... Gaj got my last one and it is still going strong. :clap:

Smitty
12th April 2009, 09:11 PM
Un-silenced it is then ;)

The main thing I'm concerned about is Motorway cruising - whats it like at 70mph (80mph :rolleyes: :Whistle:)??

In terms of fitting - is it just a bolt off the old box and pipe, and bolt on the new one? No welding required?

If so, i'll just do it myself and my mate has some ramps which will make life easier :D

Craig
12th April 2009, 09:15 PM
Un-silenced it is then ;)

The main thing I'm concerned about is Motorway cruising - whats it like at 70mph (80mph :rolleyes: :Whistle:)??

In terms of fitting - is it just a bolt off the old box and pipe, and bolt on the new one? No welding required?

If so, i'll just do it myself and my mate has some ramps which will make life easier :D

Motorway cruising at the "normal" speeds is not a problem. You will wonder if you have changed the exhaust... ;)

just bolts. From memory, 2 where it meets the cat, 4 on the centre plate and 2 on the rear hanger. :thumbs up: 13mm again from memory :yes nod:

Best of luck :thumbs up:

Smitty
12th April 2009, 09:22 PM
That's simple then - even my limited mechanical skills can manage that!! :yes nod:

Burple
14th April 2009, 10:43 AM
Everything Craig says!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: Definitely unsilenced!

Even the first tinme you do it, it shouldn't take any more than 45 mins.

Pro tip.. you might want to keep some fairy liquid to hand to help ease the rubber mounts off and back onto the exhaust hangers. ;)
Some also recommend removing the rear right wheel for easier access, although it's possible to do without that..

ianking
14th April 2009, 11:40 AM
I never removed any rear wheels to do mine and in fact I just done it with the car on the ground but the front sitting on the drive up ramps.

A good power bar might be needed to get the exhaust bolts undone from the down pipe. You dont want to chew them up.

45 mins will have the job done.

Smitty
14th April 2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the advice guys - seems that fittng will be fairly straight forward but rusted bolts might cause some problems!

Playmini have received an order......can't wait to get home to my car and give it some much needed presents ;) :D

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
14th April 2009, 11:12 PM
Just got one fitted to my sons Copper, sounds really good...Low growl, but without the boyracer noise... The power increase is amazing as well... :thumbs up:

Garage ripped me off a bit, said it took 2 hours...£75quid.. :argh:

If you want to hear it on an R50 before you get it, give me a shout, I'm out in Culter...

Crombers
15th April 2009, 07:07 AM
Another one joins the club :thumbs up:

You've ordered now & it's gotta be unsilensed, all the way :smilewinkgrin:

Smitty
19th April 2009, 10:48 PM
Currently out of stock of link pipes....hopefully they get them back in soonas I want to fit it when I go home.

Don't have the tools down South :argh:

Purdie
20th April 2009, 06:45 PM
sorry I'm new to this mod'd mini way. What exactly is the playmini, is it the exhaust system or just the centre piece, can someone fill me in please lol, sorry for being lame all....
cheers, Neil

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 07:37 PM
it is from the cat back. Ie tail pipe and back box, think that us right. heard some of these on Sunday, very nice

Purdie
20th April 2009, 08:11 PM
what sort of prices are the systems and where can u buy them?

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 08:18 PM
I think they are around the £250 mark. And I think the site sponser do them, I am sure some of the guys on here with them will respond soon

Gismo
20th April 2009, 08:22 PM
And I think the site sponser do themNot that i am aware of, but PL Mini is a good place

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 08:28 PM
Not that i am aware of, but PL Mini is a good place

oops , here was me trying to be a good nms member;)

Just realised that your next post will be 11,111, thats alot

Purdie
20th April 2009, 08:39 PM
whats the best set up to buy for the cooper s, its a 54 plate?

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 08:44 PM
It's up to you, but I got a custom made stainless system. The place is in Kilbirnie and the guy is very very good. You choose the tail pipe you want, shape size etc. You him how you want it to sit, ie flush, recessed etc, and exactly how loud you want it. I mean the palymini is nice, but just incase you want it a bit different.

Gismo
20th April 2009, 08:45 PM
whats the best set up to buy for the cooper s, its a 54 plate?Milltek :thumbs up:

Purdie
20th April 2009, 08:55 PM
i was looking at a borla exhaust system. I dont like these custom exhausts, had one on a c2 vts that i had and it was junk, and really expensive. i would rather use a company/maker which is well known.

GCA3N
20th April 2009, 09:00 PM
I guess it's like everything else it depends on who built it. Meercat systems have an amazing reputation in the West of Scotland but each to their own. :thumbs up:

Purdie
20th April 2009, 09:02 PM
yup ill need to save the pennies for it. everyone ive really spoken to said mil-tek was the best one about, but its upto the individual, i dont want noisey, just a nice noise. btw how do u post pictures, i look on the forum and it all seems a bit confusing, dont use photo bucket or that, and all my pics are quite large (sorry if its off route for this thread)

AeroJonny
20th April 2009, 10:57 PM
search the forums ;) there's a guide somewhere...

Gismo
20th April 2009, 11:06 PM
btw how do u post pictures, i look on the forum and it all seems a bit confusing, dont use photo bucket or that, and all my pics are quite large (sorry if its off route for this thread)All explained here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12359)

Smitty
16th May 2009, 07:33 PM
Well fitted it today and :D:D:D:D

Can't stopping smiling every time I press the throttle, and backing off and coming down the gears sounds amazing.

Best £200 quid ever spent I reckon, as I got a whole afternoon of tinkering the the car out of it as well :cool: :smilewinkgrin:

Bumble
16th May 2009, 09:40 PM
know what you mean - got mine fitted last weekend just in time for the Loch Tay in May run .... :D still a very happy lassie!

Crombers
16th May 2009, 09:48 PM
Playmini, the best MOD you will ever do IMHO :yes nod:

Smitty
16th May 2009, 11:59 PM
know what you mean - got mine fitted last weekend just in time for the Loch Tay in May run .... :D still a very happy lassie!

Aye - it's a cracking system for the money spent!! :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th May 2009, 06:05 AM
It is a nice mod and lovely sound, missing that burble from the old cooper.

zimbo
17th May 2009, 09:24 AM
Do PLAYMINI do an exhaust for the R56 yet? just out of curiosity...

Craig
17th May 2009, 11:10 AM
It is a nice mod and lovely sound, missing that burble from the old cooper.

I know an exhaust you could have to give that back.... :Whistle::bigwave::laugh:

lowrider
23rd May 2009, 02:16 PM
Got my Playmini on.:D Really compliments my BMC CIA. Sounds mean without:nag: Still getting used to the over-sized tail pipe. Not sure if it is a bit 'boy racer' Might end up changing it, as I have had a couple of SRI's and the like, ridin' my tail looking for a race. I did oblige the once and blew him away! :D
Possibly look out for a swap for a sports system(or buy another) with a smaller tail pipe