PDA

View Full Version : Help required

Neil and Lorna
9th April 2009, 04:28 PM
Calling all Factory JCW owners. Also anybody who has purchased the new JCW brakes on there new cars.

I having a bit of a battle with BMW / John Clarks over quality issues with ours.

Could you please send me by email some pictures of your discs, Can you also tell me the age of the car and the mileage that you have covered.

My Email : neilandlorna@gizcam.fsworld.co.uk

I cant say too much about the problem just now but will reveal all at a later date.

Ryan at JC's has been fantastic on this issue,:thumbs up:, but I've left 4 messages now for after sales to get in touch, still waiting, not a happy bunny.:ragin:

Cheers

Neil.

GCA3N
9th April 2009, 07:17 PM
I don't have one myself but Hogg88 a mate of mine had a JCW and had alot of issues with his brakes, ended up replacing them with Bembo's i think.

Neil and Lorna
9th April 2009, 07:24 PM
I don't have one myself but Hogg88 a mate of mine had a JCW and had alot of issues with his brakes, ended up replacing them with Bembo's i think.

The new R56 JCW brakes are made by Brembo.
Its them I'm having the problem with.

Neil.

GCA3N
9th April 2009, 07:27 PM
like i said , cannot remember the ins and outs, it was the brakes on the factory car that he had issues with, it was a while ago now.

ianking
11th April 2009, 05:34 PM
Neil

Did you get pics of my brakes that day we were at the karting?

Neil and Lorna
11th April 2009, 07:07 PM
Neil

Did you get pics of my brakes that day we were at the karting?

Yes Ian I did.

If you could take another couple 1 front and 1 back and send over it may help.

Cheers.

Neil.

ianking
13th April 2009, 08:15 AM
Will do that for you this week Neil.

I will text William and ask if he could do his as well.

Neil and Lorna
16th May 2009, 11:22 AM
Update on this issue.

The car was taken into JC's on Tuesday 5th May for them to do a proper inspection of the brakes. This only came about after I had threatened to reject the car due to BMW's suggested solution to the problem. "Drive more aggressively or use left foot braking to wear down the disks and pads more evenly" . This was a totally unacceptable solution.:ragin:

Jc'S after inspection replaced all discs and pads front and back, they even put on the uprated drilled and grooved disks on the front.
One of the rear disks that was removed apparently had a deep groove cut into the disk on the inside. which is more than likely the cause of the scrapping noise we were getting.
All brake pads now seem be making proper and full contact with the disks.
They also fitted a new timing chain tensoiner to fix the cold start diesel noise.

The car was then brought back to me on Friday 8th May.

All seems well on the bake issue but will be keeping a close eye on the new bits.

On Monday just past I was driving into Galashiels, during an overtaking manoeuvre the engine management light came on and the car went into safe mode.
So the car was then taken back up to JC's on Wednesday. The Boost pressure gauge in the manifold had failed. Replaced, and the car returned to me on Friday.

Hopefully we are now going to be trouble free especially with the trip down to Mini United looming on the horizon.

Just want to add, the service I'm now getting from JC's has restored my confidence in them sorting problems.

If any body out there needs your car collected or dropped of by JC's ask them to use there driver called Derek he treated our car like a baby on the 2 trips up and down to JC's.He even apologized for getting it dirty. The MPG went up by 2 MPG so he was obviously driving with the utmost consideration for somebody else's property.:thumbs up:

Jeezo this must be my longest ever posting.:eek:

Neil and Lorna.:D

stoney
17th May 2009, 09:21 AM
glad you are geting it all sorted hope there are no more probs with it