PDA

View Full Version : weird food combos

GCA3N
9th April 2009, 09:09 AM
It has been interesting listening to the various ways to eat peanut butter. I thought it would be interesting to start a thread dedicated to interesting food combos. I mean if you heard someone putting cheese and jam together you might think that is horrible( sounds it) but it tastes great.

So i'll start and this is a good one.

Strawberry's with salad cream, it is amazing...honest:eek::thud:

Smurf
9th April 2009, 12:27 PM
I like strawberries in a salad with grilled Halloumi and balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing..... never really been a fan of salad cream, sorry! Strawberries and black pepper is nice too.

Apple and Marmite sandwiches always seems to get people going :thud: but I love it!
Two slices of toast and butter with sliced pickled beetroot in the middle... mmm!

My dad used to eat Pease Pudding in sandwiches, and sometimes Condensed milk in sandwiches. Both YUK to me!

euan
9th April 2009, 12:36 PM
I like strawberries in a salad with grilled Halloumi and balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing..... never really been a fan of salad cream, sorry! Strawberries and black pepper is nice too.

Apple and Marmite sandwiches always seems to get people going :thud: but I love it!
Two slices of toast and butter with sliced pickled beetroot in the middle... mmm!

My dad used to eat Pease Pudding in sandwiches, and sometimes Condensed milk in sandwiches. Both YUK to me!

I can see the strawberries and balsamic working well, mainly as I've had it I think!.

Stupid question, condensed milk - surely it just really makes the bread soggy???

Ferengo
9th April 2009, 03:30 PM
You can't beat Monster munch on a cheese sandwich with mayo :thumbs up:.

GCA3N
9th April 2009, 03:57 PM

nice:thumbs up:

GCA3N
9th April 2009, 03:58 PM
tuna mayo and chips sandwich, mmmm.

Crombers
9th April 2009, 05:35 PM
Left over curry for breakfast :hand:

camjay
9th April 2009, 05:56 PM
Mince on a roll - must be a Dundonian/east coast thing. Everybody from Glasgow thinks this is disgusting - ITS THE DAMAGE!!!;)

Scottie
9th April 2009, 06:17 PM
Chopped tin tomatoes heated and then put on toast is very nice.

Tomato sauce with everything is good.

Mince cooked with red lentils is very nice indeed.

Tinned Oranges and milk is also very nice.

stoney
9th April 2009, 06:54 PM
i like poched egg on toast with marmite,bacon and a wee bit of grated cheese :popcorn:

GCA3N
9th April 2009, 07:18 PM
think this thread needs a warning at the start, some nice combo's though

Smurf
9th April 2009, 08:25 PM
i like poched egg on toast with marmite,bacon and a wee bit of grated cheese :popcorn:

OH YEAH!!! (Need to be veggie bacon for me though :smilewinkgrin: )

shaunbhoy67
9th April 2009, 08:33 PM
i like making pizzas with duck chicken mozz and pineapple and peperoni, its the bees knees lol, i make a few combinations for baked tatties too lol just what im in mood for

Ferengo
9th April 2009, 09:43 PM
Mince on a roll - must be a Dundonian/east coast thing. Everybody from Glasgow thinks this is disgusting - ITS THE DAMAGE!!!;)

Ha Ha. I had that at the weekend. My wife can't get her head around it.

Ferengo
9th April 2009, 09:44 PM
Oh, I also found that peanut butter on shortbread works :thumbs up:.

Craig
9th April 2009, 09:45 PM
Jude says a cracker with squeezable cheese on one side and pate on the other.... with another cracker to make the sandwich... :rolleyes:

camjay
9th April 2009, 09:58 PM

I know. My husband's the same. We converted him though after a night out on the town and he had the munchies!!:thumbs up:

Colin
9th April 2009, 11:21 PM
Grated cheese and tomato sauce mixed together then toasted. (Just like toasted cheese but a bit different) It tastes better than it looks :smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
9th April 2009, 11:33 PM
Jude says a cracker with squeezable cheese on one side and pate on the other.... with another cracker to make the sandwich... :rolleyes:

......... & lots of crumbs :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2009, 11:37 PM

nice:thumbs up:

Yep. I remember when I was 10 as well.:thumbs up: But it was salad cream for me.

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2009, 11:42 PM

What a strange man you are sometimes.:moonie:

Hold on.... which one of you is pregnant?:eek:

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2009, 11:43 PM
Crisps and salad cream sandwich dunked in Heinz tomato soup. Yummmm.:yes nod:

minimad
10th April 2009, 12:13 AM
haggis tatties and neeps pizza sprayed with single malt whiskey just as its leaving the wood fired oven creating a few flames for good measure.they loved it in rome, got me runner up in world team pizza championships in 2006:thumbs up:

camjay
10th April 2009, 07:51 AM

Oh God! I hope its not me, mind you, I'm not craving pickles and Revels(together)! Otherwise I'd be panicking! :D

Ferengo
10th April 2009, 08:36 AM

Ha Ha. Well Sarah's English so our customs can seem a little weird to her and putting mince on a roll is one, also so is a pie on a roll. I've been trying to get her to say pie in Dundonian but she can't.

Speaking of things like that I'm surprised no-one has mention deep fried Mars bars.

Andy am with you on anything crisp like with mayo or salad creme on a sandwich. Not sure about tomato soup though, not a fan of that in the first place though, maybe chicken or mushroom or even chicken and mushroom :thumbs up:.

GCA3N
10th April 2009, 09:11 AM
Crisps and salad cream sandwich dunked in Heinz tomato soup. Yummmm.:yes nod:

I have that too, however try it with cheese in the sandwich too, nice

GCA3N
10th April 2009, 09:12 AM
Grated cheese and tomato sauce mixed together then toasted. (Just like toasted cheese but a bit different) It tastes better than it looks :smilewinkgrin:

Yes I like that combo, gona try that one, maybe tomato relish, to add a bit of texture.

GCA3N
10th April 2009, 09:15 AM
here's a good one. chorizo sausage pan fried with pineapple and garlic and cherry tomatoes, served on fresh rocket, this is amazing, you have to try it

shaunbhoy67
10th April 2009, 01:25 PM
hot scotch pie on a buttered roll, tell you its quality :thumbs up::lol:

Smurf
10th April 2009, 04:31 PM
I can see the strawberries and balsamic working well, mainly as I've had it I think!.

Stupid question, condensed milk - surely it just really makes the bread soggy???

Maybe I meant evaporated milk? You used to get it in tins or squeezy tubes... I don't do anything milky so apologies!

zimbo
10th April 2009, 06:03 PM
There are some sick individuals on here... lol

I like cheese and strawberry/rasberry jam sandwiches, cheese and honey sandwiches, Mmmmmm..... :yes nod:

Hot chips on fresh rolls with tomato sauce, yum yum

Andy and Ferengo you cant go wrong with crisps in sandwich or a roll :thumbs up: I also like mince rolls with tomato sauce and Im not Dundonian :D

Damn it Im suddenly VERY hungry...

Gismo
10th April 2009, 06:05 PM
Cheesy chips and brown sauce :popcorn:

Scottie
10th April 2009, 09:27 PM
this thread is no good for us ones on a diet.:sad:

Ferengo
13th April 2009, 08:16 AM
Andy and Ferengo you cant go wrong with crisps in sandwich or a roll :thumbs up: I also like mince rolls with tomato sauce and Im not Dundonian :D

Damn it

Ah but you do live here and it does start to rub off on you, lol. Will try the tomato sauce but I know brown or wostershire sauce rocks in mince :thumbs up:. Oh and instead of beef or onion gravy try vegetable gravy, It really is better.

We were at a wedding on sat and the had sausage on chutney on a popadom as little bit size snacks. Really weird combo but very good.

leighj
13th April 2009, 12:14 PM
haggis roll with lots of tomato sauce! yummm

rpn
13th April 2009, 12:53 PM
tomato sauce!

Tomato sauce... :ragin: I hate tomato sauce... :ragin: :ragin: I hate tomato sauce... :ragin: :ragin: :ragin: I hate tomato sauce... :ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin:

GCA3N
13th April 2009, 01:12 PM
tomato sauce!

Tomato sauce... :ragin: I hate tomato sauce... :ragin: :ragin: I hate tomato sauce... :ragin: :ragin: :ragin: I hate tomato sauce... :ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin:

How can you say that:eek:, tomato sauce is practically a food group. LBH what other sauce can you have with almost anything.....and don't say brown sauce:lol:

stoney
13th April 2009, 06:18 PM

snap :thumbs up: i hate the suff to :lol:

Ferengo
13th April 2009, 09:17 PM
Tomato sauce and Mayo on a burger... YUM!

Burple
14th April 2009, 10:29 AM
There are some sick individuals on here... lol

I like cheese and strawberry/rasberry jam sandwiches, cheese and honey sandwiches, Mmmmmm..... :yes nod:

You said it.. wEiRdO!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: