PDA

View Full Version : New focus rs

minimad
5th April 2009, 08:52 PM
Anybody heard any reports on the new RS focus??

Crombers
5th April 2009, 09:11 PM
Yup , it's made by Ford apparently :rolleyes:;)

The Dogfather
5th April 2009, 09:48 PM
I did hear that the JCW was a best car compared to the RS and a WRX ST, but people will see the 300bhp and buy it anyway.

Craig
5th April 2009, 09:52 PM
don't you dare trade that JCW Snap Crackle and Pop machine for a Ford... :argh::argh::thud::Whistle:

minimad
5th April 2009, 10:05 PM
:smilewinkgrin::moonie::shut up::nag::thud::lol:;)

GCA3N
6th April 2009, 06:19 AM
:smilewinkgrin::moonie::shut up::nag::thud::lol:;)

please explain,
i'll have a go........

.......i am smiling at you, but pulling my pants down, not listening to you, but shouting, you may faint, but i love you, and want to wink at you!!

Big Gordy
6th April 2009, 08:27 AM
don't you dare trade that JCW Snap Crackle and Pop machine for a Ford... :argh::argh::thud::Whistle:

Bet you don't get the sound of gushing water with their turbo's:Whistle::moonie:
Personally I think the new RS is a cracker:thumbs up:Sounds great,goes well, will seat 4 comfortably, has a decent boot and its a Ford so nothing will go wrong and bits will be relatively cheap:cool: There's a report on it in last months EVO mag and it gets a good write-up compared to the Megane sporty thing:D Just my 2p worth:bigwave:

ianking
6th April 2009, 09:12 AM
Bet you don't get the sound of gushing water with their turbo's:Whistle::moonie:

Not had any rushing water noises with my JCW or any D noises either.

New focus looks good but its alot of horses for front wheel drive is it not.

C.Noble
6th April 2009, 09:26 AM
Last I heard, the engines kept blowing up on the development and press models... 5k then pop! :Whistle:

And 300 ponies is way too much for the front wheels on their own... its gonna be diffed and traction controlled to hell... where is the fun in that!!! :confused:

Now put that power into the REAR of an R50... now your talking!! :yes nod:

zimbo
6th April 2009, 10:44 AM
Personally I think the new RS is a cracker:thumbs up:

I'm with Gordy on this one :yes nod: :thumbs up: Apparently they have a new system (cant remember the details of it) that helps deliver/control the power to the front wheels.

If I had the money I think this would be a car that would be on my "Cars I'd like to have in my garage..." list for sure and it would be in White :thumbs up: :cool:

Craig
6th April 2009, 11:59 AM
I never said it wasn't a good car Gordy or Zimbo;), but Tony has a rare beast there and I don't think he should give it up for the Asbo on steriods... :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
6th April 2009, 03:26 PM
Apparently they have a new system (cant remember the details of it) that helps deliver/control the power to the front wheels

Its called 'RevoKnuckle' and according to road tests so far it seems to have more or less eliminated the dreaded torque steer with 300+bhp through the front wheels:thumbs up: I think I'll get one in green:Whistle:
Ohh drat.....there all sold out of green...ohh well make it blue then:smilewinkgrin:

badwolf340
6th April 2009, 08:41 PM
green ford RS ..........sounds like Kermit the frog's had a go helping Ford.Never buy another Ford complete sh!te brand.who would pay all that extra for green paint ,should have brought out a Burberry version,.:bigwave::bigwave:

minimad
7th April 2009, 08:50 AM
:eek:i take it you dont like ford then badwolf:smilewinkgrin:

Smitty
7th April 2009, 11:24 PM
I;ve read in multiple reports that it is a brilliant piece of kit for the money.

If I could afford the insurance I would have one of these over a JCW.....would blow it completely out of the water in terms of speed, power and looks!!

Wouldn't sell my wee R50 though.....screw that!! :D

Forbes
7th April 2009, 11:58 PM
Apparently though they are giving awful trade in prices on them. I think they look good, but the should have made it a 4x4

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2009, 12:01 AM
I;ve read in multiple reports that it is a brilliant piece of kit for the money.

If I could afford the insurance I would have one of these over a JCW.....would blow it completely out of the water in terms of speed, power and looks!!

Wouldn't sell my wee R50 though.....screw that!! :D

Really? Looks? Really?:eek:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.:moonie:

A.

GCA3N
8th April 2009, 06:06 AM

A.

absolutely, I second that, the mini is a fantastic looking car, and whats more it is so individual too, we all have the same car but there all different,:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
8th April 2009, 06:30 AM
Even though the Focus lacks the motorsport roots of a traditional RS, you won’t find many fast Ford fans disappointed. It’s without doubt one of the finest high-performance cars to wear a blue oval badge – it’s that good!

So surely that makes the newcomer our winner? Thanks to the MINI JCW, this verdict is far from straightforward.

Sitting in third place is the Impreza STi. It still has bags of charm and is deceptively fast. However, in the dry, the Subaru’s four-wheel-drive system seems unnecessary when compared to two of the best front-driven models on the planet.

The MINI JCW and Focus RS will appeal to a distinct group of buyers. If you want the most extreme and devastatingly fast performance model, you have to choose the Ford. Never mind future classic, it’s an instant hit... But that’s not enough for victory.

For pure, accessible driving fun at any speed, the MINI has to win. You can savour its playful chassis within the legal speed limit, and it has the added benefit of affordable fuel and tyre bills. You won’t stand out like the driver of the RS, but if you let your head rule your heart the JCW will be the better thriller.

I guess if all you're interested in is speed then the Ford is for you, however if style, fun factor and not wearing a backwards facing baseball cap with tracksuit pants are all factors in your decision then it has to be the JCW.

Big Gordy
8th April 2009, 08:16 AM
but the should have made it a 4x4

Apparently the chief designer wasn't prepared to accept the drive train losses inherant with the FWD system thats why it 2WD:idea:

Big Gordy
8th April 2009, 08:20 AM
and not wearing a backwards facing baseball cap with tracksuit pants are all factors in your decision
Nothing like being typecast is there:yawn: I think you'll find more of that dress code drive Saxo's than Fords IMO:ragin:

minimad
8th April 2009, 10:12 AM
all interesting points thankyou everybody for contributing your thoughts to this post KEEP EM COMIN :thumbs up:ps rs focus gets a cracking write up in this months PERFORMANCE CAR mag.(craig)dont know if i would sell my car for the rs as you say ''ITS A RARE BEAST:cool:totally moded by JCW parts poss future classic.oooooohhh and the noise:smilewinkgrin::lol: nothing like blowin yer ain trumpet especially when its my mini:Whistle:

badwolf340
8th April 2009, 07:13 PM
:eek:i take it you dont like ford then badwolf:smilewinkgrin:

not really no,had a bad (very) time with one,had a few RS's and loved them ,friend has a cossie (out side as we speak)had a run in it and its nice.:thumbs up:

badwolf340
8th April 2009, 07:15 PM
Nothing like being typecast is there:yawn: I think you'll find more of that dress code drive Saxo's than Fords IMO:ragin:

so the chav's have dropped the ford's :shut up:

illegalhunter
8th April 2009, 10:08 PM
Looks great wish i could afford one

Smitty
8th April 2009, 11:04 PM

A.

I stand by my statement - purely because it looks like like it is straight out of a Rally stage. Take the livary off the Stobart Focus rally cars and you'd not be far off the looks of the new RS.

Guess that's just my love of rally cars coming through..... ;) :popcorn:

Subtle - NO. Headturning - without a doubt!

eddie 44
27th May 2009, 10:15 AM
5 pot :D