PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels fitted today

Craig
5th April 2009, 05:38 PM
I had this set of wheels lying in my garage for about a year (came of my sisters old coop conv) and decided to get them refurbed, as they were all kerbed. :rolleyes:

Got them done at a place Chris Knox knows very well ;) and very happy with the look. They are a sparkly silver finish in the sunlight.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/w1.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/w2.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/w3.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/w4.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/w5.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/w6.jpg

Update my Gallery page also. :yes nod:

zimbo
5th April 2009, 05:48 PM
Mmmmm not bad..... :p Just kidding, looking very nice Craig, but must admit to preferring your old 5 spokes :thumbs up:

Gismo
5th April 2009, 05:53 PM
Looks very nice :thumbs up:

Craig
5th April 2009, 05:54 PM
Mmmmm not bad..... :p Just kidding, looking very nice Craig, but must admit to preferring your old 5 spokes :thumbs up:

aye me too, but with only 3 centre caps after some scumbag nicked one, I can't use them... they are in my garage... :argh::argh:

one day I will find an engineering company that could make me a metal copy of them and I could use them again... :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
5th April 2009, 05:56 PM
They are nice, I like!

Craig
5th April 2009, 06:11 PM
I must also say thanks to Fi & Allan Thorne for their advice (and some equipment from Allan) :thumbs up::yes nod::yes nod:

Scottie
5th April 2009, 07:44 PM
looking good to me craig.:thumbs up:

Have you thought about giving Dunblane Light Engineering a call they may be able to help

Craig
5th April 2009, 07:59 PM
looking good to me craig.:thumbs up:

Have you thought about giving Dunblane Light Engineering a call they may be able to help

yeah did think about them. not got the cash at the moment for them. :argh: Powder coating the wheels was cheaper than buying new tyres (which are needed on my 17's I've just taken off... ;))

Ivano
5th April 2009, 08:24 PM
Very Nice Craig... Wheels really suit the car along with your colour coordinated NMS stickers :D:thumbs up::thumbs up:

GCA3N
5th April 2009, 08:31 PM
Lokking sweet sraig, love the alloys, your car looks really smart, just a wee thought have you ever thought about putting the aero side skirts on, think it would finish off the look, nice though:thumbs up::cool:

If you mind me asking how much were the powder coats, and where did you get it done, thanks

Crombers
5th April 2009, 08:40 PM
Yup, I like em :thumbs up:

countdown
5th April 2009, 09:12 PM
I really like them :cool: just needs lowered now:D

Craig
5th April 2009, 09:47 PM
Lokking sweet sraig, love the alloys, your car looks really smart, just a wee thought have you ever thought about putting the aero side skirts on, think it would finish off the look, nice though:thumbs up::cool:

If you mind me asking how much were the powder coats, and where did you get it done, thanks

The aero side skirts are sitting in my garage at the moment. just need painted. :thumbs up: Also have the aero rear spoiler... :yes nod: I have collected the parts over the last 6 months. Just need the cash to get them painted now... :argh:

the wheels were powder coated at Powdertec in Glasgow. they sponsor Chris Knox who races the MINI's in the Scottish Mini Cooper Cup. Only £40 per wheel for 18's which I thought was very good value. :D The wheels were quite badly kerbed, but you wouldn't know it now... They look like new and you can choose a variety of finishes and colours. :yes nod:

Craig
5th April 2009, 09:48 PM
I really like them :cool: just needs lowered now:D

yeah, I have thought of that, but getting in and out of my street I scrape my front bumper on the illegal speed bumps (IMHO) so if I was to lower it, I would have real problems... :argh::argh:

Ivano
5th April 2009, 09:55 PM
yeah, I have thought of that, but getting in and out of my street I scrape my front bumper on the illegal speed bumps (IMHO) so if I was to lower it, I would have real problems... :argh::argh:

Craig, Eibach springs would give you some mild lowering of around 20mm.. Not drastic but would make a difference...

Speed Bumps ehh!!! :argh: When i had my Coilovers on a 50mm drop, i couldn't take my MINI to Braehead Shopping Centre in Glasgow... There was much scrapping on the lower bumper spray sill, didn't damage it, just frayed the plastic off..

Knox18
5th April 2009, 10:05 PM
looks good :thumbs up:

yeh i swung by his place on thursday i think it was and he was like craig dropped off his wheels and i was like craig who, he's got a mini and i thought for a while before narrowing it down to yourself :p

D3 JDA
5th April 2009, 10:10 PM
Wheels look good craig:thumbs up::clap:

Craig
5th April 2009, 10:21 PM
looks good :thumbs up:

yeh i swung by his place on thursday i think it was and he was like craig dropped off his wheels and i was like craig who, he's got a mini and i thought for a while before narrowing it down to yourself :p

lol.... aye Michael is a good guy. ;)

works a short day tho... by the time I got thro to pick them up he was away home... :yes nod:

audrey
5th April 2009, 10:21 PM
Very nice :thumbs up:

Knox18
5th April 2009, 10:46 PM
lol.... aye Michael is a good guy. ;)

works a short day tho... by the time I got thro to pick them up he was away home... :yes nod:

thats why he is the boss :hand:

ianking
6th April 2009, 08:23 AM
Looks good and at only £40 per refurb that is a bargain.

illegalhunter
6th April 2009, 12:49 PM
looking good Craig

Gaz-Muir
7th April 2009, 02:22 PM
Always liked those wheels! Let me know if you fancy selling or P/X for S-Spokes with good rubber. :thumbs up:

Burple
7th April 2009, 03:40 PM
Lookin' good big man!! :cool::cool:

Pimptastic!! :D:D:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
7th April 2009, 07:25 PM
Always liked those wheels! Let me know if you fancy selling or P/X for S-Spokes with good rubber. :thumbs up:

taken me a year to get them like new so thanks but no thanks.. :thumbs up:

Gaz-Muir
7th April 2009, 07:36 PM
:thumbs up:

Now get it lowered and it'll look ten times better! :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
7th April 2009, 08:32 PM
:thumbs up:

Now get it lowered and it'll look ten times better! :smilewinkgrin:

Sorry to disagree, but I think it looks smart just now;)

Craig
7th April 2009, 09:15 PM
I have thought about lowering, but the entrance to my street is a nightmare with speed bumps which I already scrape on so - the jury is still out. :thumbs up:

Scottie
7th April 2009, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't bother lowering all that kinda stuff just wastes the car imho.

shaunbhoy67
8th April 2009, 10:56 AM
looks pretty smart like the finish, wheels look good on the car:thumbs up:

totalhun
10th April 2009, 05:57 PM
car look really sweet, a lot of really subtle mods and its looking the biz.

G19RNT
11th April 2009, 08:40 PM
looking good craig are they kahn alloys?

RyanK
12th April 2009, 08:05 AM
Very nice, looking forward to seeing it with the skirts and spoiler! Are they being fitted before Mini United?

+1 on what jim has said, look very much like the khan rsv's

Craig
12th April 2009, 12:36 PM
looking good craig are they kahn alloys?

they are copies. Called Titan Chaos and a fraction of the cost... :thumbs up:

Craig
12th April 2009, 12:37 PM
Very nice, looking forward to seeing it with the skirts and spoiler! Are they being fitted before Mini United?

+1 on what jim has said, look very much like the khan rsv's

yeah - not khans, but copies... see above... ^^^^^^

the side skirts and spoiler will be a few months before I can afford to get them painted and fitted... :frown::frown: