PDA

View Full Version : minor body work repairs

GCA3N
4th April 2009, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know of someone who does minor body work repairs, door dent marks etc. Someone either local to the west of scotland or who comes to your house and does the repairs(on the car that is)
Thanks

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2009, 08:37 PM
I don't know of anyone Greig. The easy and automatic answer is Chips-Away. But last time we used them we were less than happy. The car was being punted on so wasn't that bothered.

A.

Stewart
6th April 2009, 05:36 PM
I’m thinking about getting BMW Mini to do smart repairs on a few stone chips, found a new one today on the wing…:sad:..very small. I remember reading I think it was in here someone had got stone chips done by the dealer and it was a good job.

I got the car in Stirling and plan to take it back to get serviced and as they are a MINI Approved Bodyshop will ask how much the smart repair will be on the chips. Found the prices from BMW Dealer down south.

SMART Repair prices

Prices from:

Scratches and scuffs £80.00

Dents –
For first dent £55.00
For each subsequent dent £35.00

Alloy wheel refurbishment -
Retail £75.00
Split rims / Polished £95.00

Door panel/ seat back/ seat burn – Repairs from £45.00

Windscreen repairs £45.00

Never used Chips away, but have read a few reviews on there work being a bit slap and dash and looking great at the time but not great after a year or so but that was on scratch repairs don’t know about the dents.