PDA

View Full Version : Update on my messed up mini

weepuk
4th April 2009, 02:18 PM
Hey there , i have a wee update on my mini being a nightmare .

I have just had it in garage for my - Sunroof
Engine
Paint

I took my car in on wednesday for these check ups and got phone call on thursday about what they done or didnt do for that matter.
He has told me sunroof has been fixed and working well it was sunny on thursday the roof would not open same goes for the friday . Then my engine making a loud tapping noise which has been in more than 6 times this year for have now after all this time telling me its fine has now told me " ITS MY FUEL THAT IS MAKING THE FAULT IN MY ENGINE " now i think that is stupid considering its been in before and now they tell me that , they have also told me to use another garage for petrol . :argh: The paint has a blister on it with rust in middle , clearly is a issue, now he has told me " THE PAINT ISNT UNDER WARANTY" bull it is i check my book . Letter is now on process of getting done . What ya think with this after all the trouble before ? :thud:

Debs

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2009, 02:48 PM
Two words....

Trading Standards.:sad:

Give your local council's trading standards department a call on Monday, ask to meet with an advisor and go through everything with them.

It sounds like you are gonna need this as back up after all the sh!t you've been through.

Do you use cheap supermarket fuel? That said, we use Tesco Super Unleaded in both our JCW's and have no problems.

Sunroof, ours has been changed once and has been relatively trouble free since then. But there's no doubt the sunroof's in the R56 are troublesome.

A.

nnzander
4th April 2009, 07:41 PM
Have you checked the oil re the tapping noise maybee the tappets within the engine.

Sunroof ????? not much of an idea but i guess if its an electric sunroof there maybee a problem with the motor????

The paint work is covered with a 5 year warranty.

If the car was took to an authorised mini dealer for work contact mini direct with your letter (recorder delivery) .

Put at the bottom of the letter >> I require your immediate response by return.

Best of luck

weepuk
8th April 2009, 08:57 PM
Hey , I use the jet garage at my bit . My cam shaft has been changed and all parts with it , they said they have checked engine and now they have came up with my fuel being the fault ! Will need to find time and get this letter sent . thanks will try and phone in the morning to speak with them .

Debs :bigwave:

Fester
9th April 2009, 10:46 AM
Know how you feel, seems to be a bit of a common thread forming here with problems with fuel, just been told thats what has caused the damage to mine.

weepuk
12th August 2009, 11:21 PM
Hi guys. Just picked up my new R55s. Well 2 weeks ago now.
Been a busy fortnight.
Spoke to one of the managers at mini customer services anmd they organised a contribution towards changing it. Better than nothing. Fingers crossed this one will work better than my last car.
However have to say that mini Irvine don't seem to have improved their customer service. Picked my car up 6 weeks after ordering it and when I went to get it they hadn't fitted the driving lights.
Getting fitted tomorrow.
Thanks for all your advice.

Also I think fuel thing is rubbish used shell optimax and it was the same as when I used fuel from Jet. Seen far more exotic cars use the garage and they don't have any problems.