PDA

View Full Version : First Start Up

Forbes
1st April 2009, 10:48 PM
When i start the car for the first time the last few mornings the engine does not start properly. As I pull away the power is coming in in lumps. No matter what gear and how i accelarate. The engine seems to not deliver any or little power momentarily then jumps back in agian. It only seems to be when the engine is stone cold e.g. not if i park for a hour or two.
What could be causing this?

Bazthemod
2nd April 2009, 01:36 AM
My ONE did this sometimes ... took it to local garage who hooked it up to diagnostics and cleared them. Was something to do with sensors and the ECU that was solved by clearing the diagnostics and fitting a new battery.

Do your speedo/fuel/temp gauges rattle when you start the car sometimes?

GCA3N
2nd April 2009, 06:10 AM
I had the same too, I disconnected the battery for 20 mins, and it re-connected it. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, was told that would reset the ECU, worked though. Won't do any harm to try.

Forbes
2nd April 2009, 08:57 AM
Cheers guys. My rev counter takes a minute or so to idle properly Baz if thats what you are meaning. The car is fine once it has some heat in the engine.

Bazthemod
2nd April 2009, 01:38 PM
Erm no dont think my rev counter did it...you would notice the needles vibrating as they make a racket lol ... first time the car does it you get worried lol... its a sign the battery is low on charge.

lowrider
2nd April 2009, 07:37 PM
Auto-choke prob. possibly (usually only happens on cars from cold)