PDA

View Full Version : changing to a short shift

GCA3N
1st April 2009, 05:29 PM
Bought a new B&M short shift can anyone tell me if they have done this mod, and basically how to do it, thanks all:thumbs up:

Hamish
1st April 2009, 05:56 PM
we did it on the race car, but had the gear box etc all stripped out so did it then... did you get the instructions with it? If not give me a shout and if I still have them I'll stick them in the post to you... will check the warehouse tomorrow for you!

lowrider
1st April 2009, 11:55 PM
Bit of a job but worth it :thumbs up:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/image/short_shifter/b&m_mini.pdf

GCA3N
2nd April 2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks, instructions are spot on, some job though, think i will be talking nicely to a mechanic mate of mine. Could really do with ramps, thanks again:thumbs up:

lowrider
2nd April 2009, 07:30 PM
Thats why a short shift is at the end of my 'to do' list !:thumbs up:

john
2nd April 2009, 08:01 PM
we did it on the race car, but had the gear box etc all stripped out so did it then... did you get the instructions with it? If not give me a shout and if I still have them I'll stick them in the post to you... will check the warehouse tomorrow for you!

Is that legal now?

I bought one when I was racing and was told it was not alloud:confused:

C.Noble
2nd April 2009, 08:30 PM
legal for 09

it only takes about 20 mins to fit... admittedly we dont have to worry about any of the interior bits!!

Hamish
2nd April 2009, 09:02 PM
Is that legal now?

I bought one when I was racing and was told it was not alloud:confused:

Aye in the regs this year John :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th April 2009, 10:36 PM
Got the short shift fitted. Got to say thought 1 hour 30 mins. Did take half an hour to split the exhaust. Nuts were rusty and tight!!. Worth it in the end love it.