PDA

View Full Version : This time I HAVE bought an S

KenL
31st March 2009, 07:54 PM
Well after my enquiry about a Pure Silver S at Eastern, I went back to Peter Vardy who have a good few new unregistered Cooper S for sale.

Settled on the following:

Astro Black S with:
CHILLI pack
Chrome line exterior
Chrome line interior
Piano BLack
M/F steering wheel with cruise control
Darkened rear glass
Park distance control!

Should be able to pick it up in a week or so once I get dosh & insurance sorted. :cool:

Let me just say that the guys at PV were very good to deal with, straight talking and looking to make me a customer happy.:thumbs up:

I have saved ~£2.5k :yes nod: buying this car than it would have cost me to spec my own and wait. I had planned to wait until September at the earliest, but by then my car would have lost minimum £500 and I would not have managed a ~£2k saving.

They have at least another dozen similar cars (black, DS, PW, red) on their forecourt and ready to go. So, if you are tempted, go along for a wee look.

Check the for sale section for some wee bits and pieces for sale from my Cooper.

AndyP & Lenore
31st March 2009, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the new purchase Ken.:thumbs up:

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get it.:D

Scottie
31st March 2009, 08:52 PM
well done Ken look forward to the pics.

You'll need make sure your car care products are up to scratch start by buying a foam gun and pressure washer.:thumbs up:

Mind though all those extra horses you still can't go over 70mph.;)

AndyP & Lenore
31st March 2009, 09:01 PM
Well ......

Settled on the following:

Darkened rear glass

TINTS! TINTS! YOU!!!???

A.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

KenL
31st March 2009, 09:06 PM
TINTS! TINTS! YOU!!!???

A.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have no objection to rear tints:thumbs up:

Only illegalfront tints get my disapproval :hand:

KenL
31st March 2009, 09:08 PM
Mind though all those extra horses you still can't go over 70mph.;)

True, but if the mood takes me, and assuming it is safe to do so ;), I can get there somewhat earlier :D

AndyP & Lenore
31st March 2009, 09:51 PM
I have no objection to rear tints:thumbs up:

Only illegalfront tints get my disapproval :hand:

:lol:

You're too easy.:Whistle:

A.:thumbs up:

audrey
31st March 2009, 10:29 PM
Sounds really nice :thumbs up:

Can't wait for the pictures bet your excited if it was me wouldn't be able to sleep until I had it :D

Craig
31st March 2009, 10:39 PM
Well Done Ken. :thumbs up:Hope you enjoy it and my fingers are crossed the engines on the newer S's are fine. :rolleyes:;)

KenL
31st March 2009, 10:53 PM
Well Done Ken. :thumbs up:Hope you enjoy it and my fingers are crossed the engines on the newer S's are fine. :rolleyes:;)

Thanks. I hope so too :eek:

Been keeping an eye on MINI2, seems like a range of "fixes" are filtering through.

GCA3N
1st April 2009, 06:23 AM
can't wait to see the pics, nice one. All these people getting new cars makes me want a new one, not fair!!!

zimbo
1st April 2009, 08:29 AM
Very nice Ken, nice sounding spec on the car. :thumbs up: One day I too would eventually like to own an S but that will probably be many MANY years from now :rolleyes: 7 years this year since my first 02 Cooper and always wanted an S since then... :lol:

Have fun Ken.

Crombers
1st April 2009, 08:33 AM
Enjoy :thumbs up:

ianking
1st April 2009, 08:39 AM
Congrats on the new car.

However I do remember a one KenL commenting when I ordered P.D.C that 'what on earth would you need that for on a Mini.'

When do you pick it up?
Are you ever going to bring this car on a NMS run?

KenL
1st April 2009, 09:27 AM
Congrats on the new car.

However I do remember a one KenL commenting when I ordered P.D.C that 'what on earth would you need that for on a Mini.'

When do you pick it up?
Are you ever going to bring this car on a NMS run?

Did you notice I put an ! after it on the spec list? This car is pre-built so I didn't spec it ;)

A run, well I suppose I should. I have been on three NMS things, but that was with my first R50 ONE. I went on a borrders run, one up the trossachs and the wee run through Edi after the Italian Job viewing.

I am hoping to pick it up next Thursday or there abouts.

Gismo
1st April 2009, 01:13 PM
Nice color choice Ken, i know major mods aint your thing, but, the aero kit would look stunning on your car :thumbs up:
As for a run, well, Craig's Perthshire Pleasure is just around the corner ;)

ELFMAN
1st April 2009, 01:58 PM
Nice one Ken! Seems I'm not the only 'get it off the shelf and save a wad of £££' buyer around. Did you get any info on the Norwich Union 'Free week's insurance for a quote' thing? My annual insurance from them at £251.00 was way cheaper than anything else quoted.

Enjoy the car - you'll be pleasantly surprised, I was. The gearbox is superb for a start, and you'll be amazed at how it'll take a higher gear (or two) without labouring at all when you're running it in, so you can keep up a fair pace while staying well below the 4.5K rpm 'run-in limit'.

antihero3000
1st April 2009, 02:14 PM
All the best with the new car mate.

When are you getting some picture up?

KenL
1st April 2009, 03:57 PM
When are you getting some picture up?

Once I get it (next week hopefully) and make it nice and sparkly :cool:

KenL
1st April 2009, 03:59 PM
Nice one Ken! Seems I'm not the only 'get it off the shelf and save a wad of £££' buyer around. Did you get any info on the Norwich Union 'Free week's insurance for a quote' thing? My annual insurance from them at £251.00 was way cheaper than anything else quoted.

The sales guy gave me some number to call for a weeks free insurance, I assumed it was with MINI cover!

I'm with Directline at the moment. Might just stick with them until renewal and see what is out there. I had a look at compare the market and can also get it for about £250 - pretty sure that is what I am paying at the moment.

KenL
9th April 2009, 08:27 PM
Was meant to be picking up the new car tomorrow but the bank holiday has delayed things :sad:

Basically money has not appreared so will have to wait until Tuesday.

Went in to Peter Vardy today and it was there almost ready to go with its number plates on and looking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :yes nod:.

Disappointed, but this will give me an extra few days to enjoy my R56 Cooper :thumbs up:

BTW - of the 20 or so stock Cooper S, they only have about 6 or 8 left.

Craig
9th April 2009, 09:32 PM
not good Ken, but have no idea how it delays things if the local holiday has not happened..:confused: Could understand if you were due to pick it up on Tues...

sounds like BS to me.. :rolleyes: All the best when you get it. :thumbs up:

KenL
9th April 2009, 09:44 PM
not good Ken, but have no idea how it delays things if the local holiday has not happened..:confused: Could understand if you were due to pick it up on Tues...

Well, the money (BACS transfer from loan to my account) was expected by me (and my bank) today. But, since tomorrow & Monday are bank holidays I am told it will go in overnight Mon/Tuesday. I cant figure that one and expect it will not arrive until Wednesday morning.

The money was "released" on Tuesday - ridiculous how it takes so long these days :ragin:

Craig
9th April 2009, 09:46 PM
Well, the money (BACS transfer from loan to my account) was expected by me (and my bank) today. But, since tomorrow & Monday are bank holidays I am told it will go in overnight Mon/Tuesday. I cant figure that one and expect it will not arrive until Wednesday morning.

The money was "released" on Tuesday - ridiculous how it takes so long these days :ragin:

I used to work for a bank and it takes so long for one reason - for them to make money...!! :argh:

Scottie
9th April 2009, 09:58 PM
I pay our suppliers all the time using BACS and our bank is the Bank of Scotland (Group);)

Bacs takes 3 days standard to hit the suppliers accounts unless they are within the same bank group as the issuing bank, then they will see it the same day. As I found out when I get a call later that day with the supplier looking for my remittance advice, got to scan it then email it to them (more work).

Chaps is a same day transfer but there is a charge for this around £10

finally you have the option of All BACS which means you state what day it is to go to in to the suppliers account and it will not leave your account until that day this gives you ability to earn interest on the money still for a few days.

If I was to pay a supplier prior to 6pm on Tuesday it would not be in their account until Friday but with Friday being a bank holiday it will hit on the next debit day.

hth.

KenL
9th April 2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks Scottie...

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2009, 11:34 PM
I pay our suppliers all the time using BACS and our bank is the Bank of Scotland (Group);)

Bacs takes 3 days standard to hit the suppliers accounts unless they are within the same bank group as the issuing bank, then they will see it the same day. As I found out when I get a call later that day with the supplier looking for my remittance advice, got to scan it then email it to them (more work).

Chaps is a same day transfer but there is a charge for this around £10

finally you have the option of All BACS which means you state what day it is to go to in to the suppliers account and it will not leave your account until that day this gives you ability to earn interest on the money still for a few days.

If I was to pay a supplier prior to 6pm on Tuesday it would not be in their account until Friday but with Friday being a bank holiday it will hit on the next debit day.

hth.

We're kinda the same only we have a cut off of something like 3.45pm. Can't make any requests after this time. We're with RBS and they were gonna invest in some new system, but last time we asked what was happening they muttered something like "Goodwin.... b*stard.... no funds.... stuck..... what.... got....":laugh:

A.:D

KenL
10th April 2009, 07:54 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :ragin:

Despite my loan provider telling me there was no way I would get the money before Tuesday it has arrived. Shows up on digi banking with a date of 14th. However, I called direct banking and they confirmed the money is in my account and available ;)

So, just texted (and probably woken up :blush:) the very helpful sales guy at Peter Vardy.

Picking the car up today at 10.30 :thumbs up:

Gismo
10th April 2009, 08:04 AM
Picking the car up today at 10.30 :thumbs up:Nice one Ken :thumbs up:

GCA3N
10th April 2009, 09:19 AM
nice one mate, safe driving:thumbs up::bigwave:

Stewart
10th April 2009, 10:35 AM
Enjoy….:thumbs up:

I went with a friend to get his new car a few years back, drove him down to the dealer as it was a replacement for one in an accident ( A jag hit him hard with the driver not seeing him with him concentrating on the car he was following at the time )

Anyway he was all hyped up and his wife and son were waiting back home for it to arrive. He had phoned the bank to check everything was in place and got the ok in the morning, got to the dealers late afternoon and it all went tits up with the bank not ready……..pure disappointment! :ragin:The car was sitting there all ready…and he could do nothing and as it was late in the day the bank was closed to sort it all out.

KenL
10th April 2009, 12:44 PM
:ragin::argh: Well, thanks a million Royal Bank of Scotland!

Despite some robot telling me this morning that the money was in my account and available for use my payment was rejected at the dealer :frown:

Now they tell me that it will defo be through on Tuesday, but "wait until lunchtime". :rolleyes:

Totally p*ssed off, wasted hours of my time and more than an hour of the dealer's. They were rushing around for me to get the car ready this morning :blush:.

I have lodged a complaint with RBS, I look forward to them calling me :nag:

KenL
10th April 2009, 12:54 PM
Here are a couple of pics just before I was about to collect it :hand:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/klaidlaw1/P1000369.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/klaidlaw1/P1000370.jpg

Craig
10th April 2009, 12:57 PM
looks crackin Ken. :thumbs up:

Banks.... bunch of bar stewards... :argh::ragin:

The car will be all the sweeter once you get it tho... :thumbs up:

Stewart
10th April 2009, 01:46 PM
:ragin::argh: Well, thanks a million Royal Bank of Scotland!

Despite some robot telling me this morning that the money was in my account and available for use my payment was rejected at the dealer :frown:

:nag:

Thats the same bank as my mate and the same thing all over.:ragin:....sorry for your disappointment....Always annoys me when something like a bank mucks you about….

Car looks Great!

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2009, 02:20 PM
Looks :cool:;) Ken. I guess you'll appreciate it all the more having to wait the weekend for it.

RBS are actually very good for us as business bankers, but when things go wrong they tend to go wrong at the worst possible time.

I still blame Goodwin. Head round to his house, see if he's got your cash.:frown:

A.

Gismo
10th April 2009, 02:21 PM
Not good reading Ken, Tuesday will be soon enough :thumbs up:

illegalhunter
10th April 2009, 02:35 PM
Looks great all black

KenL
10th April 2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the support :thumbs up:

Always been happy with RBS before today ;)

I have chilled now and have accepted that Tuesday will be a better day than today:D

Scottie
10th April 2009, 09:21 PM
The cars looks good another couple of days won't make that much difference as I always say to Allan "are we in a hurry, not really"

enjoy when you collect her.:thumbs up:

audrey
10th April 2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear your trouble with the bank TYPICAL :ragin:

Car is gorgeous well worth waiting for I think :thumbs up:

Good luck for Tuesday :D

Scottie
14th April 2009, 07:51 PM
well it's Tuesday are you still out driving her.???

KenL
14th April 2009, 10:06 PM
Yes, today is Tuesday and I have the new car :D

It is awesome, SO chuffed with it. Only driven ~40 miles in it but am loving it.

Everything (touch wood) seems perfect with it.

Even though I am running in and have not exceeded 4k revs, it really is rapid :yes nod:

Never really thought about it at the time but feeling a bit sad about saying goodbye to my brilliant R56 Cooper, I'll miss it and really hope it finds a loving home soon :thumbs up:

Gave the new car (named JJ - I'll explain another time) a wash but not had time yet for a full polish/wax yet. Will post pics when I do. Looks really classy in Astro Black though and am very happy with the "dull" interior.

N12 JLK
15th April 2009, 05:29 PM
Very nice. Enjoy:smilewinkgrin:

stephgolding
16th April 2009, 04:40 PM
Nice looking car youve got there! Enjoy it :)

Neil and Lorna
16th April 2009, 05:18 PM
Nice car, enjoy. :D:D

On the banking issue
Apparently the collective name for a group of bankers is "a wunch"

Neil. :popcorn:

KenL
16th April 2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks folks :thumbs up:

If it does not rain tomorrow it will be getting the full wax treatment tomorrow.

Will take more pics then.

Loving the car, 200 mile on it already!

weefossy
16th April 2009, 09:55 PM
Ken, new car looks really good. Was in PV to look at new convertible and they have some nice deals on offer. Talking of delays....my new Beamer has been with Bluebell in Wilmslow since the 8th and they still haven't sorted out registering it. Couldn't organise a raffel:argh:

KenL
16th April 2009, 10:12 PM
Ken, new car looks really good. Was in PV to look at new convertible

What did you think of the convertible? I really like the look of it, but it IS pricey :eek:

Hate that gimmicky "openometer" though :frown:

RyanK
16th April 2009, 10:43 PM
Very Nice Car! Congrats :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
16th April 2009, 11:30 PM
Looks great ... very classy :thumbs up: