PDA

View Full Version : INSURANCE

KAH
28th April 2004, 08:39 PM
FINALLY GOT MY INSURANSE SORTED

442 FULLY COMP....NOT BAD FOR A 23 YR OLD!!!

THATS WITH ADMIRAL!!

adam_cheney
29th April 2004, 12:20 AM
Hi KAH,

Beware - Admiral will not cover you as well as you might think. If you have anything above the *base* spec for your model, even if it's fitted at the factory, it will be replaced with the base spec part. For example, if you have a Chili pack Cooper with 16" wheels and you have a crash that totals one of them, Admiral will only pay for you to have a replacement 15" wheel (specified as standard on the base Cooper), despite charging you more for the Chili pack.

You should have 2 weeks to tell them to stuff their insurance if this affects or bothers you. If so, I'm told Tesco are a good bet. I'll be switching to them when my current insurance runs out (Direct Line).

Cheers - Adam...

mgemie
29th April 2004, 12:48 AM
Has anyone ever had any trouble with claiming through Tesco? I'm with Tescos but i've recently been told that claiming can be a prob! Is this just a rumour or...?

ScottishCooper
30th April 2004, 09:37 PM
I am with Morethan and have discovered through reading the policy that I am not cover for travelling to and from work:mad:, and I dont mean the usual one of using for business use. I mean to and from work!!!!! So if anything ever does happen, and I am asked where I am going, I will of course be on a day off and going shopping at 7AM ;):D

KAH
27th May 2004, 10:09 PM
Just a quik update:

Checkout admiral and they were only insuring it as a basic cooper

So went back to Direct Line who Insure it as MINI Cooper Chilli
so its all covered!!

Cost 500 all in but i cant complain at that!

R7 ETH
27th May 2004, 10:15 PM
I am 24 and with Directline also my fiancee on the policy and its only £266 !!!

Steve74
29th May 2004, 06:33 PM
I'm with Mini for the very reason they cover the extras. They have been great but £1300 for insurance is a lot. Car was close to 20k so can understand the price.