PDA

View Full Version : Chunk's New Wheels

Willie M
28th April 2004, 08:33 PM
After weeks of deliberating I've finally placed an order for a new set of boots for the wee fella :approve: With any luck I may even get them fitted this weekend.

http://www.mini2.com/qt/r90_wheel.mov

Mini Martyn
28th April 2004, 08:57 PM
Very smart!!!! :D:D

ny152
28th April 2004, 08:57 PM
Very nice Willie :cool:
Great looking set of wheels.

So if you are buying a present for Chunk....
What is Linda getting Daisy :clown::clown:

mgemie
28th April 2004, 09:16 PM
:D:D lol, Willie - it would seem i'm not the only dude who loves those wheels enough to pay BMW/MINI's mega asking price! I'm ordering mine in a fornight..

How long is it taking for your order to be delivered?

Fontal
28th April 2004, 09:19 PM
Not to shaby

KenL
28th April 2004, 09:26 PM
Good choice Willie.

Now all you need to d ois keep them clean.

Willie M
28th April 2004, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

How long is it taking for your order to be delivered?
Hopefully just a couple of days :cool:

quote:Originally posted by KenL

Now all you need to do is keep them clean
:IAye, that should be fun :evil: Maybe Wul'll come round and help me ;)

duncan
28th April 2004, 11:16 PM
To quote Chris Moyles quiz carpark catchphrse "Nice Wheels" :D

DNV122
29th April 2004, 05:07 AM
I love these wheelz - are you getting a good price (ie not full price) ?

Heather
29th April 2004, 05:51 AM
very nice! look a bummer to clean though:p;)

GAJ
29th April 2004, 06:05 AM
Lovely! Give me a shout when you fancy a change!;)

Linda M
29th April 2004, 06:08 AM
They're ok I suppose :evil::clown:

Wul
29th April 2004, 07:12 AM
Lurvely Mr M! Will only help you clean them if I get a shot of Chunk afterwards! ;):p

Wul
29th April 2004, 07:13 AM
Oh...and I trust your getting them with tyres, as those rims won't last long otherwise! :I;)

Willie M
29th April 2004, 03:20 PM
Managed to save a little bit on the RRP of the wheels. Yes they are a bit pricey but I saw them fitted to another DS Cooper S and I thought they just looked the business :cool:

I'd be happy to give you a shot of Chunk in exchange for your wheel cleaning prowess Wul. How's about sitting in the garage (with garage door closed) and no keys in the ignition? If you're really good I'll turn the CD player on for you :D

Big Col
29th April 2004, 07:13 PM
How you gonna turn the CD player on with no keys in the ignition Big Pimpin'? :p:clown::D

duncan
29th April 2004, 07:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
How you gonna turn the CD player on with no keys in the ignition Big Pimpin'? :p:clown::D

By using the permanent positive, instead of the switched positive to the head unit?:)

Big Col
29th April 2004, 07:51 PM
<grin fades> <blinks> <sighs> <picks up dunces hat and goes to stand in corner again>

Wul
29th April 2004, 08:03 PM
Big Col - you'll learn one of these days not to mess with the Big Pimpin Master! ;)

Big Col
29th April 2004, 09:32 PM
<skulks off muttering to himself> One day! We'll be patient presciousss. Yessssss. Patient. Then those nasssty pimpsssesssss will pay.

euan
29th April 2004, 10:01 PM
Willie - lovely wheels :)

Tip from someone who has them (not that I need to tell you!) - keep them clean! if I let the dust settle on them for a while they are MURDER to clean. But the gaps are pretty big and everyone who has seen them on my car loves them.

weefossy
30th April 2004, 05:12 AM
Very nice Willie, but they are going to a lot harder than the "Khans" to clean. Now Linda's are much more practical!.... Goes off in a jealous huff.....

Willie M
30th April 2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments (and cleaning tips euan :approve:).
The good new is...... I've just got them fitted :D:D:D
Hopefully get some nice pics taken over the weekend, or after Wul's cleaned them at Dreghorn on Monday morning :cool:

Oh, and Big Col. The permanent positive, instead of the switched positive works a treat. Bit of a bu**a if you go away for a while and leave the HU switched on though :dead:

Wul
1st May 2004, 04:20 AM
Willie - you know me too well! :I

But in all seriousness - i still have a sample of Megs NXT Wax (no need for it now i have full bottle!) - enough to do a whole car if you want it? applied to your wheels it will keep that nasty brake dust easy to wash off for a few weeks at least?

:)

Wul
3rd May 2004, 05:50 PM
Here's a pic of chunks new boots from the Dreghorn meet up this morning - very nice Willie :D

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32534.jpg

And don't worry - i'll not tell Linda what you said!;)

mgemie
3rd May 2004, 08:28 PM
if i'm not mistaken then thats Chunck parked in a McDonalds car park, lol!! at least mine isnt the only one parked in said location when i'm takin pics...

Sweet pic Wille i cant wait for mine..ahhhhhh:D

Willie M
4th May 2004, 03:27 PM

if i'm not mistaken then thats Chunck parked in a McDonalds car park, lol!!
Almost Marc, it was a Little Chef car park ;):D Be sure to let us see some pics when you get your new wheels fitted.
Thanks for the pic Wul, must admit I'm well chuffed with the wheels :approve: Dunno what you mean about telling Linda what I said :I All I recall was you offering to drive up to Crieff once a week to clean my wheels for me :p

Starky
4th May 2004, 05:41 PM
Smashin set of wheels Willie, seen them on a well specced up yellow One in Tesco car park, Coatbridge, they look awesome in the flesh, are they from BMW or can you get them elsewhere?

Burple
4th May 2004, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
And don't worry - i'll not tell Linda what you said!;)

Ooh Ooh Ooh!!
He said it again at Stirling Services too!!!

but I'm not telling either, since I got My TLE badge!!! ;)
(Holy dog toffee!!!)

oh... and my toffee crisp! :D:D:D

They're looking good Willie!!! mmm.....
<hides socket set> ;)

Fontal
4th May 2004, 07:21 PM
Oooo Oooo they do look nice, top choice of wheels Willie

Wul
4th May 2004, 07:27 PM
Hey Willie - is it not a real PITA taking all those cap screws out to change the wheels over?:I8)

Willie M
4th May 2004, 10:51 PM
:D Funnily enough one or two people (no names) mentioned that to me yesterday ;)

Willie M
4th May 2004, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

are they from BMW or can you get them elsewhere?
They're BMW / MINI wheels Starky, don't think you can pick them up elsewhere. They are actually made by BBS for MINI.

Starky
4th May 2004, 10:54 PM
Cheers Willie, think i'll make some enquiries and maybe start savin.

Linda M
5th May 2004, 10:50 PM
OH, I know exactly what he said and it was only because I wasn't there :evil: Of course he didn't tell you that his RR and MINI get valeted yes VALETED at the work once a month did he. NO :p:evil:

Wul
5th May 2004, 11:17 PM
So the truth unfolds......what other secrets does the BigPimpinWillieMHomeBoyGangsta Rapper HuggyBearmeister have then?

Willie M
5th May 2004, 11:29 PM
AHEM!! I'll have you know that Chunk has NEVER been valeted :evil:
<Stouffer may have, once or twice, if I remember correctly>

Linda M
6th May 2004, 01:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

AHEM!! I'll have you know that Chunk has NEVER been valeted :evil:
<Stouffer may have, once or twice, if I remember correctly>
Yeah, RIGHT :clown:

mgemie
2nd July 2004, 08:10 PM
Hiya Willie...i've finally fitted my r90s (now everyone'll just think i'll trying to make a Chunk look-a-likey but i'm not :cool::D ) They look sweet... well worth the wait and £££s. I've a question though - did you fit the rear arch extension thingys or did Chunk already have them on?

Willie M
2nd July 2004, 10:38 PM
Congrats Marc, bet your car's lookin' good :cool:
Just the standard arches on my car. Looking back at the pic on the last page I can see how it looks like they may be extended. It's just the angle the pictures been taken from I'm afraid.

mgemie
2nd July 2004, 11:08 PM
I just thought i'd ask you since when i was buying my wheels the dealer mentioned two small arch extensions for the rear arches being a legal requirement.

yeah, i think my car is looking good and i'll be posting new photos soon. I'm considering coming to a meet sometime soon now that i've finished uni, any suggestions?

Gismo
3rd July 2004, 01:18 AM
The small arch extensions are the little spats that locate onto the rear parts of the arch, they look like they hold the arch together as they span across the join of the arch.

I removed mine as they were rubbing slightly ;)

Willie M
5th July 2004, 09:20 PM

I'm considering coming to a meet sometime soon now that i've finished uni, any suggestions?
It'd be good to see you along at any of the meets Marc, you'd be made more than welcome. It may be short notice for Cullen (this weekend) but you can always try. Failing that just keep your eyes on the Meets section of the forums and chuck your name down for whatever takes your fancy.