PDA

View Full Version : Cooper S over a cliff

weefossy
30th March 2009, 08:53 PM
Did anyone see the news video clip on Yahoo tonight about the Grannie who drove her Cooper S over a cliff? The car was totalled and she had no injuries what so ever!!
Once again, like oor Nellie, if your going to have a bad crash, a Mini's not a bad car to be in.
Can anyone put up the link on Yahoo, beyond me.

Scottie
30th March 2009, 09:01 PM
she was not wearing a seat belt the car looked after her well

Ivano
30th March 2009, 09:11 PM
I saw something earlier on the news about a Woman down South who had a lucky escape when she accidentally hit the accelerator pedal while reaching for her seatbelt and went over a cliff and car fell 100ft and lodged between a couple of trees..

The MINI was completely wrecked but luckily the woman survived with only a bruise on her arm.

Did anyone else see this or hear about it?

Just goes to show what tough little cars we all own.....

SORRY JUST NOTICED THAT THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED IN OFF TOPIC/BANTER..

MrMischief
30th March 2009, 09:13 PM
At least she missed the other car :eek::Whistle:

Ouch! (http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4243500.Gran_speaks_over_cliff_plunge_terror/)

minimad
30th March 2009, 09:50 PM
:eek::frown::eek:unbelievable!!!

Stewart
30th March 2009, 10:36 PM
I recon the BMW Min is solid…I grew up around the originals and when the Mini first opened a dealership near me I went in and the first thing that hit me was the weight of the doors…..I was used to tin……….god my Mate turned his mini on its side to do the sub frame………..ok so the engine was out but still………he had a mini on its side on Foam……..:D

audrey
30th March 2009, 10:59 PM
Saw this on the news tonight she was really lucky not to be hurt or worse :eek:

stephgolding
31st March 2009, 12:35 PM
this was on GMTV this morning. The actually took the mickey out the lady for hitting the accelerator and not braking atall. It was funny. But shes lucky to be alive.