PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 'meaner' look needed

Bazthemod
30th March 2009, 04:13 PM
Ok, needing some ideas about how to get a meaner look to my car! I think the Audi Esq grille graphic panel at front helps and i want to carry on this theme at front but also at rear too.So far im thinking smoked tailights but i can't find them anywhere for R56http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/BarryMcGinlay/Car/DSC00964.jpg
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/BarryMcGinlay/Car/DSC00960.jpg

Forbes
30th March 2009, 04:18 PM
Your favourite thing..... Lower it.
Also dechroming seems to make them more aggressive.

Also you got your wheels on yet?

camjay
30th March 2009, 04:23 PM
I don't know, I think it looks pretty cool as it is!:cool:

Bazthemod
30th March 2009, 04:24 PM
Hmmm as you know not keen on lowering :p but then i wasn't keen on R56's either and look what happened!

My R105's are going on next week probs, cant afford to refurb them at moment so will just have to put up with the shoddy lacquer :rolleyes:

Not sure about dechroming ... run the risk of looking tacky i feel with pepper white vs black... looks great on cars like ryans

Forbes
30th March 2009, 04:26 PM
I also forgot to say i like how it is now. Rear Tints?

Bazthemod
30th March 2009, 04:32 PM
Came from factory with tints :p All i have done is add the vipers and front grille blackout.

Actually not been on a run with this car yet! :sad: You done anything to your beastie recently?

Forbes
30th March 2009, 04:39 PM
Few bits and pieces coming/waiting to go on;) But nothing major. Birthday is in May so going to book my car in to get a nice pressie for myself:p

euan
30th March 2009, 06:01 PM
I like your car a lot as it is, but dechroming would be the one for me.

Have a look at THIS (http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p408/dpblackpool/Car%2004%20March%2009/?action=view&current=P1020216.jpg) which has been done - I'd start with the belt line if your not convinced (the line under the windows) - lets you get an idea anyway.

Aberdeen Al
30th March 2009, 06:04 PM
De-chrome and lower as mentioned above ^^^ possibly powder coat alloys black that should make it look meaner!

Scottie
30th March 2009, 06:33 PM
I would de chrome but then I would say that

as to the belt line I've got some here that I got from Mini Pirate you can have it for a £5 if you want.

I never fitted I done a test strip but it was just not for me.

You can easy swap thing back if you don't like the look.

Ivano
30th March 2009, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't do anything... I think it looks superb as it is... Lowering would give it a meaner looking stance especially front on combined with the deep bumper... :thumbs up: Plus putting your R105s back on will make a big difference too.. :D

Subtle is always my guide to Modding a Car...

GCA3N
30th March 2009, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't do anything... I think it looks superb as it is... Lowering would give it a meaner looking stance especially front on combined with the deep bumper... :thumbs up: Plus putting your R105s back on will make a big difference too.. :D

Subtle is always my guide to Modding a Car...

Have to agree, your car looks amazing. I think the de-chroming can be effective. I think the best way is black wheels, defo gives a more aggressive look:thumbs up:

lowrider
30th March 2009, 09:01 PM
Get a skinhead haircut and play death metal loud, never fails:thumbs up: Sorry, its the car you want to look more aggressive.........

Looks good as is esp. the front bumper black out.Lower and dechrome:D

MrMischief
30th March 2009, 09:01 PM
Your car looks great, definitely lower it a little & add your R105's. I agree that dechroming looks the mutts on a white car, especially if you can source headlights that are black on the inner sections instead of chrome (like Zimbo's). You could blacken out the little diffuser section on the rear bumper (like what you've done on the front one) & I quite like the idea of smoked rear lights too.

Maybe consider removing the white viper section on the roof?

:thumbs up:

RyanK
31st March 2009, 12:12 AM
imo just the black beltline and slammed. wouldn't go with the black headlight rings, not really too much of a fan. How about joey modding your headlights antracite (typo), that would look awesome! Think thats what im going to do when I finally move on to something else.

Also how about sending your rear valance away to a powdercoater? You could get it done in flat black or I know a guy who could give you carbon fibre effect

Car is looking good though as it is and will look even better when the r105s are on! When can I see it in the flesh!

Bazthemod
31st March 2009, 02:34 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments folks! :smilewinkgrin:

Had a play about in photoshop

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/BarryMcGinlay/blackout.jpg

Popey's car is nice apart from the blacked out bits, i'm just not into that look at all but each to their own!

Is there anyway to give the chrome a satin effect just to dull it down slightly?

Gismo
31st March 2009, 04:42 AM
If you're thinking about spending money, then you can afford to powder coat your wheels.
I'm getting my R105's done next week, drive in, leave car, pick car up = £250 all in, but, if you take the wheels with or without tyres you'll get discount.

I also like the de chromed look and especially like the rear smoked lights :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
31st March 2009, 11:07 AM
That's pretty good, not sure what to do with my 105's to be honest. I love the polished finish but if i get them refurbed and 6 months later i have marks in the lacquer i will be gutted.

So maybe powdercoat is the way... ach i really don't know now :rolleyes:

zimbo
31st March 2009, 02:46 PM
Well you have done no bad so far Baz, I'm sure you will keep up the good work :thumbs up:

Aberdeen Al
31st March 2009, 07:33 PM
Blacken the boot handle and the Cooper badge..........or even remove the Cooper badge altogether.

White Mini's are made for chrome removal / black items :cool:

MrMischief
31st March 2009, 10:20 PM
If you think the black is too much of a contrast, why not colour code some of the chrome white? The rear light surrounds, outer headlight rings & boot handle would all look good white & give contrast against smoked rear lights, dark inner headlights & your satin black rear diffuser :cool:

Black wheels would be the best choice IMO, if you want it to look hard but white wheels on white cars can look cool too.

Decisions, decisions.....