PDA

View Full Version : MINI SEEKS ADVENTURE

ny152
28th April 2004, 04:51 PM
No, its not a classified dating ad :I

Yesterday I felt like a nice fish supper. Decided the best option was to get in the MINI and drive. Of course it would have been easy to go the one two minutes from the house in Shawlands but it was much more fun to do a 200 mile round trip via Stirling and St. Andrews amongst others and go to Anstruther :D

Is there no end to the excuses to drive the MINI? Dont think Tricia expected to be gone for five hours when I asked if she wanted something to eat :blackeye:

So c'mon folks, whats the daftest excuse you've came up with to drive your MINI to excess? If I tell Tricia i'm not the only one it might save me from this :blackeye::blackeye:

MINI seeks fish. MINI finds fish - yum. The End.

Willie M
28th April 2004, 05:34 PM
The night Linda got her ICE install finished. I got home from work and she sat me down in Daisy to give me a listen to her new system. 'Cool', I said, 'now lets see what it's like when you're out driving'. Cue a splendid wee blast round some of the wee hidden back roads around Crieff, total darkness, spotlights on full beam and sound system blaring :approve: Brilliant fun!!

When I take the MINI to work I also deviate via Comrie on my way home from work from time to time :I. Absolutely fantastic road (B827, used it on Perthshire Cruise last year) round by Cultybraggan and hardly ever any traffic on it. Magic!!

Wul
28th April 2004, 05:40 PM
I can beat both those hands down! :D When we first got our Cooper, my wife was going to a hen party for a night in Newcastle and I was going to the respective stag party in Glasgow - So yes - you guessed it! Saturday: Edinburgh-Newcastle-Glasgow; Sunday Glasgow-Newcastle-Edinburgh. Fantastic way to run in a car! 550 miles round trip:approve:

Of course I told lesley it was because it was cheaper than the Train! :p

ny152
28th April 2004, 06:03 PM
Well done both of you :D Might just have saved me from a beating.

Willie, went through Comrie for the firs time last week, got to agree with you ;)

Who's next to own up? :eightball:

slightly off topic but one of my friends who knows only to well what I am like asked if there was a name for my MINI fetish (:I) Told him I was a MINImileist - he seemed to get it eventually :clown:

Mini Martyn
28th April 2004, 06:13 PM
I think that you should have a Mini Adventure to Dundee on Saturday GoldMini!!?? :D

Burple
28th April 2004, 07:02 PM
Ok Ok...
Had the car 2 days, then went on the caledonian club camping trip down to the borders... a good 300 miles straight out the box. And it was unbelievably difficult NOT to thrash it!

Not to mention all the " I think I want to go for a wee cruise" moments.. and ending up places like Aberdeen or Glenshee :D

Or the cruises throught to Beppo's in Arbroath.. or just nipping out for chips.. and heading to the 'bervie chipper! :D:D

adam_cheney
29th April 2004, 12:29 AM
Well, the excuse was running in, but nevertheless...

We had our new Coop for three days before taking it down to Wales for a biking trip. At the time I was working in Livingston, commuting from Leith - all up 22 miles each way. By the time we left for Wales the clock read 748!

Even at running in speeds the Welsh roads were fantastic, and I nearly forgot about the biking. We'd finished the run-in halfway through the holiday, and I had a ball!

Cheers - Adam...

DNV122
29th April 2004, 04:49 AM
I often go out for a drive to get brake dust and flies on the car so I can clean it...

Late last night I went out for a drive to calm down from a stressful day and ended up on a 85 mile B-road thrash (on my favourite roads - avg speed 58mph) - I caught up with a Civic TypeR and ended up on a chase (TypeR enticed me in officer) which tested my driving skills - luckily it was v.dry otherwise I reckon I would have been in the hedges.

Burple
29th April 2004, 05:47 PM
Oops...
Ok...I confess to another one last night..
I was bored.. ended up taking the back road to Perth (Longforgan, Errol etc) then scooting down past Bridge of Earn, then taking the nice scenic (hah! It was dark!) through Fife... where some brave numpty in a Smart car tried to race me through the twisties :D:I:cool: (sucker!) to Newburgh, Cupar, Guardbridge - Stopped to ogle as 2 Tornadoes landed over the top of me at RAF Leauchars :D:D Wheeee!!- then back home...

MINI alleviates boredom.. Success! :D

Heather
29th April 2004, 06:50 PM
After driving 1 hour to and from work and approximately 4 hours during my working day i never have any energy to take her out at night:sleepy:. However....I do cover some of the best twisty turny back roads of renfrewshire on my visits that i feel i still get a blast most days.
Community nurse in a mini heals the sick....The end:D:D

Big Gordy
29th April 2004, 08:36 PM
Nurses uniform in a mini mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p:D:approve:

Big Col
29th April 2004, 09:42 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

euan
29th April 2004, 09:58 PM
I picked up my Mini in Edinburgh then prompty drove it to my other flat in Wimbledon...

The first Mini went from Edinburgh to Aberdeen on it's first day.

Scottie
29th April 2004, 10:52 PM
I picked my mini up in Inverness and drove it down to Norfolk.

Heather
30th April 2004, 02:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Nurses uniform in a mini mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p:D:approve:

Behave!!:I

Big Gordy
30th April 2004, 03:32 AM
G-G-G-G-Granvil fetch a c-c-c-cloth will you I've just seen nurse Gladys Emanuel get into her n-n-n-new m-m-m-mini :p:D:approve:

Wul
30th April 2004, 04:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

G-G-G-G-Granvil fetch a c-c-c-cloth will you I've just seen nurse Gladys Emanuel get into her n-n-n-new m-m-m-mini :p:D:approve:

PMSL at that one B-B-B-B-B-Big G-G-G-G-G-G-Gordy:D:cool: