PDA

View Full Version : what gets done for an oil change

stoney
29th March 2009, 03:02 PM
when you put you mini in for what it says is an oil sevice what gets done ???:smilewinkgrin:

my mini is due an oil sevice in about 5000m :D(it fells like it needs it now mind you) and was just wondering what gets done to it i.e do you spark plugs get done dose your air filter get replaced ???:thumbs up:

GCA3N
29th March 2009, 04:14 PM
oil replaced and oil filter changed, nothing else. Normally anyway. If you want advice on doing it yourself let me know. Air filter, oil filter, oil and sparks for £100 ish. I am home for a month next week, would help you if you wanted:thumbs up:

KenL
29th March 2009, 06:50 PM
Depends on the car/mileage. I think my R56 had the pollen filter changed tooat the first service at about 21k miles. It also had the brake fluid done as it was 2 years old.

Gismo
30th March 2009, 04:50 AM
Rob, given your spirited driving style i would highly advise you to change the oil and filter more often than the service indicator.
I appreciate that the oils nowadays are far better than before, but, changing the oil is of long term benefit to your mowta :thumbs up:
Not criticising by the way :D

Crombers
30th March 2009, 08:45 AM
when you put you mini in for what it says is an oil sevice what gets done ???:smilewinkgrin:

Eh, they change the oil (& filter) :rolleyes: :Whistle: