PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Transport Extravaganza 11th & 12th July

Fester
28th March 2009, 09:19 PM
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has ever thought about having a club stand at the Scottish Transport Extravaganza 11th & 12th of July.

For those of you who do not know about this event, it is the largest Vintage and classic vehicle rally in Scotland (I am bound to say that I am Vice Chairman). It is held in the grounds of Glamis Castle and regularly attracts vehicle entries in excess of 1000, from 1890 through to 1975,also we have many car clubs entering now, last year approx 25 one make or general car clubs attended. as well as the 100+ stands and motor trades, Peugeot, Honda, VW, Skoda etc were there. On average we attract approx 12-15000 visitors through the gates so as you can imagine it usually turns out to be a good event.

This year seeing as Mini is having some sort of celebration we have joined in on the fun. We have booked the Mega Mini Stunt show and the Caladonian Mini Club is organising a display of 100 classic Minis. We are also still in talks to have Mini represented by one of the garages on site as well.

entry fees are based on a stand of 10 cars £30 and then £3 per vehicle after that this gives a weekend entry pass for 2 adults and 2 kids under the age of 16 per vehicle.

If anyone is interested in taking part in this then we can start a list or anyone can contact me for further details We have never had a New Mini club in attendance - can this be the first year??

Cheers
Stephen

Gismo
29th March 2009, 07:16 AM
Good luck Stephen, as mentioned, if this takes off you can get the Banner from Craig, sadly i'm away working so will miss it again

Mini Ecosse
29th March 2009, 06:11 PM
Thats my weekend off.:clap:

I think we will come along with the cameras.

Oban & District vintage cars usually attend this event.

Stephen

Craig
29th March 2009, 07:06 PM
I will be on holiday that weekend up in Fort William area so might go along to see it, but wouldn't be on the stand. As Alan says, I can give you the banner nearer the time if you want it. :yes nod:

MINI William
29th March 2009, 07:24 PM
I could be up for this :thumbs up:

Fester
29th March 2009, 07:26 PM
Cheers guys, closing date is not til May so plenty time to get the interest going.

Stephen

Burple
10th April 2009, 02:27 PM
I've nipped along to this afew times in the past.. Just up the road from me, so I might well pop along again. can't say yet if I'd be able to get on a stand tho, have to let you know nearer the time... :thumbs up:

Fester
10th April 2009, 07:25 PM
cheers guys, just let me know if we get enough to make a stand worth while I'll use my vice chairmans perks to sort out something but it would be a pity not to have a stand with new mini's on it

Stephen

stoney
11th April 2009, 09:33 PM
I could be up for this :thumbs up:

have you looked at the date ??? ;) you forgot some thing ?????

i will not be able to come as i will be in belfast :cool::beer::beer:

Fester
15th May 2009, 07:53 PM
Just a reminder guys that this promises to be a fantastic event this year.

100 Classic Mini's on show + 1000 other vehicle entries + 120 stands + the MEGA MINI STUNT SHOW

Oh did I mention that if you enter your car on the possible NMS stand then you will save a fortune on entry as pay through the gate will be £9 per adult on the Sunday if you enter a car on the possible NMS stand then £3 will get you 2 weekend passes ( sounds like a bargain to me)

So far the only New Mini's that will be on show is mine + 1 or 2 others + the ones belonging to Radio Tay.

I'm sure there is enough of us to get a worthwhile stand together.

Any interest or questions feel free to PM me

Cheers
Stephen

GCA3N
15th May 2009, 09:36 PM
Would have gone too, but i'm offshore too.:ragin: