PDA

View Full Version : Very close to buying an S!

KenL
28th March 2009, 06:59 PM
Was so tempted by the deal had by the Elfman I have spent the day looking into buying an S.

Had a test drive and was totally blown away by the performance :eek:

I had good service from a dealer today trying to find me a car from stock that can be had with a decent discount.

Narrowed it down to a Pure Silver/Black S with CHILLI, black part leather, piano black, chrome line interior, darkened glass, multi function wheel.

Was really wanting the hifi again but the only cars that had this had huge specs.

Speccing this car on the mini site now ot costs £19375, I would make a saving of ~£2k, getting s good trade on my immaculate wee Cooper.

Pure silver seems rare in an S, I really fancy it, what do you think?

Should I go for it?

AndyP & Lenore
28th March 2009, 07:06 PM
I think you should go for it Ken.

Then stick another 4 spots on it, black out the front windows, stick a induction filter under the hood, and graphics all down the side. Drive about with your windows down and boom-boom music blaring out.

Seriously though. That sounds a really nice spec. And a £2k saving can't be wrong. You'll be getting a good t/i price 'cos the dealers are screaming out for good quality second hand cars just now.

You know it makes sense.:thumbs up:

A.:D

KenL
28th March 2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks Andy.

ELFMAN
28th March 2009, 09:05 PM
Go on, you know you want to...

Scottie
28th March 2009, 09:19 PM
I would do the it. You didn't ask when the face lift was due I've seen a few spy pics going about can't be long now

KenL
28th March 2009, 09:51 PM
I would do the it. You didn't ask when the face lift was due I've seen a few spy pics going about can't be long now

Really!

I thought it wasn't imminent since the cabrio was out and looking the same.

Scottie
28th March 2009, 11:23 PM
Really!

I thought it wasn't imminent since the cabrio was out and looking the same.

well if they go on the three year cycle then were looking from about September / November this year I would have thought.

Gismo
29th March 2009, 07:08 AM
As long as you don't compare it to a Golf then you should go for it :rolleyes:
Remember and get the front windows extra tinted :thumbs up:

DSelkirk
29th March 2009, 08:44 AM
What dealership are you talking to?

KenL
29th March 2009, 09:00 AM
What dealership are you talking to?

Don't feel it is right to say at this stage.

Are you a dealer?

Gismo
29th March 2009, 09:04 AM
I could suggest you try our sponsor, John Clark's, i appreciate you have a wee travel, but, if they can save you more money........:thumbs up:

KenL
31st March 2009, 07:43 PM
Well, that deal fell through as the car was snapped up by another dealer when I called on Monday.

Thanks to the staff at Eastern for trying really hard for me. Unfortunately they could not source an S I really fancied at a price I was willing to pay.

KenL
31st March 2009, 07:43 PM
Forgot to say, check out my new thread ;)