PDA

View Full Version : Photography magazines?

zimbo
27th March 2009, 10:33 AM
After just doing Fis quiz in the other thread I thought I wonder if and how many people on here buy Photography magazines and if so which and why? Because there is a very wide choice out there and I have bought one or two when I could afford too because they are'nt exactly cheap, but I would like to really try and improve my photography skills and especially try to learn manual use of the camera instead of using the auto focus most of the time. So would like to see which mag people think give/gave them the best advice and the easiest to learn from without too much technical mumbo jumbo...

So lets hear what all you pros have to say? :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
27th March 2009, 10:50 AM
I buy Digital Photo & Photo Plus (Canon Edition)

Usually interesting articles in both these magazines and hints/tips for using Photoshop.

Stephen

AndyP & Lenore
27th March 2009, 12:23 PM
I subscribe to Photo Plus (Canon Edition).

Always a good read. Full of good tips, and some stunning pics for inspiration. And you get a video disk on the front which has step-by-step instructions for editing in Photoshop.

A.

rpn
27th March 2009, 04:20 PM
Digital SLR Photography for me, try others but find this one to my liking. :thumbs up:

http://www.digitalslrphoto.com/

bazzaric
27th March 2009, 05:12 PM
I've bought one or two editions of the photo plus, but away to sell my camera because I want something smaller :sad:

Scottie
27th March 2009, 06:59 PM
Practical Photography one he buys most.

The latest edition is their 50th one and has a lot of good info in it.