PDA

View Full Version : WEST COAST NMS RUN UPDATED - THIS SATURDAY

ny152
27th April 2004, 10:04 AM
WEST COAST NMS RUN - SATURDAY JUNE 5TH 2004

IMPORTANT!! PIZZA HUT HAVE SAID THEY CAN NO LONGER GUARANTEE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE ALL OF US SO WE HAVE 3 OPTIONS:
1) Chance Pizza Hut anyway
2) Beefeater restaurant also in Cumbernauld
3) Brewers Fayre at Bannockburn (2 minutes from Stirling Services
I have been to no.3 a few times and food was fine, plus parking is good. Cant comment on no.2 as I've never been before.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT OPTION YOU PREFER AND I'LL SORT IT OUT TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

FINAL ROUTE

STAGE 1 - start 1000 hrs prompt
A80 Cumbernauld Tesco Extra (breakfast from 0900) --> M80 Moodiesburn --> M8 Kingston Bridge
STAGE 2
B786 Lochwinnoch --> B788 Greenock --> Old Largs Road (beware of the lamb) --> Largs (Ice Cream and Lunch stop + PHOTOS WITH VIKING )
STAGE 3
A78 Seamill --> Ardrossan --> Saltcoats (photo stop) -->
STAGE 4
A77 Ayr --> A70 Cumnock --> Happendon Services
STAGE 5 (Route ends approx 1730) all welcome for food!
M74 Hamilton --> M73 Stirling --> A80 Cumbernauld (Pizza Hut)
Total distance = 161 miles.

At Cumbernauld Tesco Extra when you go into the car park turn left and park up at the far wall.

TESCO BREAKFAST FROM 0900 HOURS - LEAVING 10OO HRS PROMPT.

Vikingar! have kindly offered us free parking in Largs as long as we get our pictures taken with one of their vikings for the local press and show off the cars a bit They also have a cafe onsite as well. I'll still be going to Nardinis for a tub of Turkish Delight and Mint Choc ice cream though

Telephone number for the Run is 07952 560 542. It will be active from Friday evening right through all of Saturday in case anyone gets lost on the way to the start

Current Runners & Riders:
1) Seany and Una (tesco + pizza)
2) Goldmini and Tricia (tesco + OPTION 3)
3) Willie M (tesco + pizza)
4) Kah
5) Bonnie Scotland and G/f Son (tesco + pizza)
6) Tribalmini (birthday girl)
7) Craigd and Jude (+ OPTION 3)
8) Phantom and Alison (tesco + OPTION 3)
9)
10) Neil Bolland & Carol (OPTION 3)
11) Starky and Missus (unconfirmed part run)
12) AstroHaggis (tesco + pizza)
13) low_n_loud1 and Broken Brian (any food option)
14) Mini Martyn and Bro' (any food option)
15) Steve74
16) Duncan Stewart and Helen (any food option)
JOIN US NOW - ITS NOT TOO LATE

PLEASE NOTE This is intended to be a fun days driving for all
The idea wont be to go like a bat out of hell, but for everyone to enjoy themselves on the twisites and keep within the legal limits on the faster roads. There will also be plenty of places to go through where the MINI's can be shown off cruising style

Willie M
27th April 2004, 03:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

(Now theres a point, how about an NMS antenna flag?).
I think you might just be onto something there Al :cool: I'll have a wee word with Monsta Mo (once he gets settled in his new hoose).

As for the run, sounds great. I'd certainly be interested. Only comment I'd have would be that 200 miles may be just a wee bit far for some folks as many will be travelling a good few miles to get to the start and then head home again at the end. Just my thoughts, others may differ.

Most Saturdays (outside the football season) are fine for me so you can count me as an almost definite.

Great to see someone else putting a wee run together :approve: Well done :cool:

ny152
27th April 2004, 04:35 PM
Hello Willie

Thanks for the quick reply. With the football season coming to an end soon we should be okay to avoid a match day. How many home games do Scarborough have left :p

The route can certainly be tweaked to bring the mileage down. If anything I'd be more inclined to drop Ayr off it and head back down the Fenwick Moor road from Saltcoats. Doing this would drop the miles, start to end, down to around 130 with a few other tweaks here and there.

This would mean the route most likely taking in:
Moodiesburn
Kingston Bridge (River Clyde)
Glasgow Airport
Port Glasgow
Greenock
Inverkip
Wemyss Bay
Largs
Seamill
Ardrossan
Saltcoats
Fenwick
Moscow
Galston
Newmilns
Darvel
Strathaven
Hamilton

So still plenty of good driving loads, nice scenery and towns to cruise through in the hot summer sun :cool:

Willie M
27th April 2004, 06:52 PM

How many home games do Scarborough have left :p
:D Boro's season finished on Saturday. Unfortunately I've still got 3 Saturdays to endure watching Falkirk :p

I used to do a bit of driving down that West Coast bit you're thinking about. Certainly some good roads down there.
Count me in, dates permiting.

seany
27th April 2004, 10:03 PM
what about a sleep over on the friday, meal and drinks aswell, the run on the sat.

Heather
27th April 2004, 10:48 PM
sounds like a good one goldmini. Could i suggest looking at going the irvine road then via lochwinnoch and kilbirnie over the healy brae and down into largs?? nice twisties going that way and as one that works in inverclyde (port glasgow, greenock, gourock) its not much of a fun drive. OR i know some very interesting and twisty roads going from lochwinoch to kilmacolm and then to the back of greenock:D
what do you think??

ny152
28th April 2004, 04:38 PM
Seany - could be an idea. For a starting point on the Saturday I was thinking about Cumbernauld Tesco. Nice big car park and cheap breakfasts! There is either a travel inn or a travelodge (not sure which) about five minutes away... Another option would be to start the run about 10.45 give people a bit of a lie in before they had to leave home. hmmmm :)

Tribal - thanks for the suggestions on routes. I'm going to do a drive on my next day off to check out some options so will look at that. Main idea was to get everyone settled with a bit of a blast down from Cumbernauld to Greenock then take on the towns and twisties for the second bit, but you have a good point as well. I recall a back road down from Greenock to Largs which took you over some good twisty bits and was quiet. Cant remember the name though, but it takes you into the start of Largs near Vikingar! Only downside there is that you miss a bit of the coast, but then again it might mean more fun :-D

ny152
28th April 2004, 07:32 PM
Just testing the water here - how about Saturday 5th June as a possible date? That way its not going to interfere with other events later in the Summer i.e. Arbroath and Cullen. its a week after the Thistle Run as well so people should still be in a MINI mood :D

And what about Pizza Hut or Brewers Fayre in Cumbernauld for a bite to eat after the run, before people head home. Could even turn it into an awards dinner for shiniest/diritest/noisiest (car not driver) I'd be glad to donate some fun prizes for a laugh :D

seany
28th April 2004, 07:45 PM
sound's good to me, not sure about the dates but add me and the wife, one car.

Wul
28th April 2004, 08:01 PM
Hey - if you miss out Ayr then you won't be able to get a picture of a row of MINI's going up/down :question:;) Electric Brae! Spooky!:p

Willie M
28th April 2004, 08:03 PM
5th June would be okay for me.
Please add Linda and I to the run list (probably in 1 car) :cool:

seany
28th April 2004, 08:06 PM
wife is una

ny152
28th April 2004, 08:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Hey - if you miss out Ayr then you won't be able to get a picture of a row of MINI's going up/down :question:;) Electric Brae! Spooky!:p

Keeping that one for a possible future event ;)

KAH
28th April 2004, 08:48 PM
Sounds ideal to me!!..I'll be back from Manchester by then so count me in!!!

Julz
28th April 2004, 09:34 PM
I think I'll have to give this one a miss I'm afraid, we've changed our moving date to 31st May so we'll be a bit hectic tht week!!:(:clown:

ny152
28th April 2004, 09:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I think I'll have to give this one a miss I'm afraid, we've changed our moving date to 31st May so we'll be a bit hectic tht week!!:(:clown:

Sorry to hear that Julz. But if you decide you need the break then you'd be most welcome at any time :D

At least it would give someone else the chance to win the prize for 'killing an insect by running over the top of it in a lowered car' category :blackeye:

Burple
28th April 2004, 10:29 PM
Hmmm.. put me down for now.. I'll confirm nearer the time! :D

ny152
28th April 2004, 10:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Hmmm.. put me down for now.. I'll confirm nearer the time! :D

Thats you added :)

Dont want to hear anyone else complaining about this, but I've given LnL his favourite number on the run :p

Burple
28th April 2004, 11:41 PM
quote:
Thats you added :)
Dont want to hear anyone else complaining about this, but I've given LnL his favourite number on the run :p

Ahhh... Knickers! :blackeye::mad:

:D:D:D:D:D

Gismo
28th April 2004, 11:53 PM
Saturdays are not good for me in the summer :evil: main golfing day, so, decision for me, can i be a maybe, would depend if i'm away working anyway 8)

Heather
29th April 2004, 01:02 AM
5th of june is good. its my birthday!!

ny152
29th April 2004, 01:50 AM
Bonnie Scotland - you are down as a mibbes aye on this one. Dont think it would be an option to play 18 holes at Troon en route :p Hope you can make it though :cool:

Tribalmini - now added to the list. But dont be expecting a brand new MCS as a birthday present or anything :eek:. Going to look at your route suggestions and will probably take them up as well. Thanks for that :D

shoppie
29th April 2004, 04:03 AM
Damn! Can't make this one - down south that weekend.:(:(:(

Have fun though:cool:

Heather
29th April 2004, 05:47 AM
quote: But dont be expecting a brand new MCS as a birthday present or anything :eek:. Going to look at your route suggestions and will probably take them up as well. Thanks for that :D

Oh go on! Im actuallu thinking about a mini D as its costing me around £200 a month on petrol with the coop. Had a 2ltr turbo D before the mini and its only cost me £90 a month.:eek: Ill settle for a cone fae nardinis!!

ny152
29th April 2004, 06:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

quote: But dont be expecting a brand new MCS as a birthday present or anything :eek:. Going to look at your route suggestions and will probably take them up as well. Thanks for that :D

Oh go on! Im actuallu thinking about a mini D as its costing me around £200 a month on petrol with the coop. Had a 2ltr turbo D before the mini and its only cost me £90 a month.:eek: Ill settle for a cone fae nardinis!!

Getting slightly off topic here Tribalmini, but my MINI is a D. On average I get 500 miles out of £30 of fuel. When I drive the car gently it creeps up to about 540 - but that doesn't happen very often :D.
If you're thinking about changing soon give me a shout and you can take a quick drive in it to see what you think.

Willie M
29th April 2004, 03:24 PM

Ill settle for a cone fae nardinis!!
.... and everyone gets to give you your 'dumps' ;):D:approve:

Heather
29th April 2004, 06:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M
[.... and everyone gets to give you your 'dumps' ;):D:approve:

God, at my age there would be no time for the run after that!!!:D

Craig
30th April 2004, 04:47 AM
put myself and jude down for this one. Very close to the starting point so get to sleep in......woohoo :D:D:D

Not had an Ice Cream at Nardini's since I was about 10 - can't wait.

ny152
30th April 2004, 07:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

put myself and jude down for this one. Very close to the starting point so get to sleep in......woohoo :D:D:D

Not had an Ice Cream at Nardini's since I was about 10 - can't wait.

Nice to have you both onboard :)

So if you live close by does that mean we all get to come round beforehand for tea and biscuits ;)

Craig
1st May 2004, 01:07 AM
If the decking gets finished on time, I don't see why not.:cool::cool:

phantom
1st May 2004, 01:20 AM
Hi GoldMini, Put Alison and me down for this one, to think that I wont be at work on a saterday, what will they think of next.:p

phantom
1st May 2004, 03:12 AM
On you idea for an arial flag for the gang, good idea, I have quite a few now from www.Aerial-Antics.com they do ones for clubs, so how about a competion for the most poular design.:)

ny152
1st May 2004, 05:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

On you idea for an arial flag for the gang, good idea, I have quite a few now from www.Aerial-Antics.com they do ones for clubs, so how about a competion for the most poular design.:)

I'm as artistic as an unartistic person who is president of the unartistic society (do you get the idea :clown:) so will bow to the expertise of others in this matter 8)

Just out of interest is it the same design on both sides, or can you create your own design on one side?

Heather
1st May 2004, 07:28 AM
ive designed and made my own tribal version of the saltire:D

Mini Martyn
1st May 2004, 07:32 AM

ive designed and made my own tribal version of the saltire:D

Ooo that sounds cool, will it be on the car at the weekend?

phantom
1st May 2004, 11:40 PM
I would expext that you could have diferent designs on each side, proberbly cost more though, as for being arty, Goldmini, you must have been my mentor,cos if its not a straight line, I cant do it either:p. What about Tribalmini's design, if peeps like it and Heather agrees to a commision, we could use that.:)

Heather
2nd May 2004, 03:29 AM
its not really something i could make on mass. Ive got a stubby so its designed to fit that. Cameras not working at the mo but as soon as it is ill post a copy of the design!

phantom
2nd May 2004, 03:40 AM

its not really something i could make on mass. Ive got a stubby so its designed to fit that. Cameras not working at the mo but as soon as it is ill post a copy of the design!

Hi Heather, the aerial antics web site looks like it can make any shape or size, not spoke to them but from what I can see from the web site, looks like it should be able to do the job. Looking forward to seeing your design. Did anyone get back to you with the Crail do you asked about:question:

Heather
2nd May 2004, 04:23 AM
[/quote]
Hi Heather, the aerial antics web site looks like it can make any shape or size, not spoke to them but from what I can see from the web site, looks like it should be able to do the job. Looking forward to seeing your design. Did anyone get back to you with the Crail do you asked about:question:
[/quote]

That looks like a good site and could probally recreate the design well. No, i am still in the dark re crail!!

phantom
2nd May 2004, 04:43 AM
Hi Heather, Crail is a 2nd World War airfield now used as a quarter mile thrash, two cars at a time, hopefully failly equel, down the runway, its £5 to watch and I think its £10 to race, anyone can have a go. You only get to see the start line, then cars come back round to quewe up for another go. I went along last year, its only 8 miles from me, I have to say I only managed an hour before I got bored with it. Its not my thing so dont let that put you off:p

broken_brian
2nd May 2004, 02:58 PM
oh oh put me down for this one cos the date suits me so far :D

neil bolland
6th May 2004, 04:29 AM
hi i would be up for this one could you add me to the list

ny152
6th May 2004, 09:25 AM
Evening Folks

Done a bit of a recce for the run tonight and, thanks to Tribalmini, we will now be going through Kilmacolm, some good wee twisties there.

Next Wednesday I will do a full trial run just to check one or two more parts of the route out as there are a couple of bits that might change due to roadworks etc.

At the moment one of the things being considered is after Saltcoats to go through Kilwinning and down the back roads towards Paisley and then onto the M8 to Cumbernauld. This would make for a shorter run than the original idea of going partway down the A77 Fenwick Moor and then through Moscow, Galston, etc. Any opinions on this? There is lots of work taking place on the A77 just now but it doesn't seem to be having too much of an effect on the traffic.

Had a think about Nardinis tonight and knowing how long it can take to get served then it might be better to buy ice cream from their takeaway bit and have it outside. Also a couple of decent fish and chip shops just along a bit as well if you're hungry enough.

One or two of you (hello Willie M :D) like the idea of having something to eat back at Pizza Hut Cumbernauld when we finish. I am all for this but would like an idea of numbers. As well as that I will be splashing out and treating Tricia to breakfast in Tescos before the run to which anyone is welcome to join in (but you need to eat off Tricias plate - Goldmini dont share his food :blackeye:)

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to give a helping hand on keeping the pack together can you drop me an email please? And of course if anyone has any ideas at all for the Run in general please discuss them. This is the first time I've tried to organise an event, so need all the help I can get :clown:

Finally for now, there is a good discussion going on in the Forums about speeding while out on runs. If you are new to NMS dont let this put you off. All the folks here are decent and the couple of times at least that I've been out on meets they've impressed me with their friendliness and good road sense. The idea of the West Coast Run is for everyone to enjoy themselves and have a good day out. Amen :)

Willie M
6th May 2004, 03:23 PM
Well done Al, this looks like it's going to be a fun run.
As for Pizza Hut, count me in :p
I'll drop you an e-mail later on today.

Monsta Mo Mini
6th May 2004, 04:29 PM
I'll have to say maybe for this one because hopefully I'll be away somewhere more exotic the the Fife Riveara that weekend.

ny152
6th May 2004, 04:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

I'll have to say maybe for this one because hopefully I'll be away somewhere more exotic the the Fife Riveara that weekend.

I didn't know there was anywhere more exotic than Cumbernauld and Largs :p

Duncan Stewart
6th May 2004, 05:10 PM
Hi Goldmini. I'd love to come along on the run but already have two conflicting things on that weekend. Have a good run

seany
6th May 2004, 09:04 PM
Breakfast at tesco 8.30am,
mini run,
then pizza.

ny152
7th May 2004, 02:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

Breakfast at tesco 8.30am,
mini run,
then pizza.

What can I say Seany, a man after my own heart :D
although 8.30 is a bit early - I need to go from Glasgow to Stirling first (that'll give me time to grab a McDonalds before tesco :clown:)

Duncan, sorry you cant make the run, it was nice speaking to you on Monday. Hope your pictures at Fort William train station turned out okay.

phantom
7th May 2004, 03:51 AM
Hi Goldmini, pizza sound fab and Tesco's for breckie, big one for me:p Looking forward to it:D

Craig
7th May 2004, 04:30 AM
will be needing some pizzzzzaaaaaaaa (homer sytleee) when we get back from this run, so count me and Jude in for Pizzzzzzzaaaaaaaa.:D

looking good for the run, not been on these roads for ages, so can't wait!:p:p

ELFMAN
7th May 2004, 04:41 AM
Sorry I can't make this one folks, I'll still be in the old interesting bits of Spain on the 6th. Have a good run!!!!!!!

ny152
7th May 2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far :)

Sorry that some of you cant make it, but remember everyone is welcome for pizza (or breakfast).

seany
7th May 2004, 10:47 PM

Sorry that some of you cant make it, but remember everyone is welcome for pizza (or breakfast).

or both

ny152
8th May 2004, 03:11 AM

or both

:D:D:D

seany
9th May 2004, 03:22 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

ny152
13th May 2004, 09:42 AM
QUICK UPDATE :eightball:

Went for a recce run today (any excuse) seeing as it was my day off work. The route down to Saltcoats is now sorted out and the roads are looking good. Once we get past the M8 the route will take us through Elderslie, the birthplace of Willie (Wallace, not M) and on to the twisites of Kilmacolm. From there its down Port Glasgow and skimming Greenock to go the Old Largs Road. The biggest danger here is having stop to let a sheep across the road with its lambs.

In Largs, the parking is a hassle because they charge £2 for the main seafront car park, but I have identified another bit about five mintues walk from Nardinis that is free and has some good photo opps. This would be the longest stop, about 45 minutes. Then its round the coast a bit through Seamill to Saltcoats where the old harbour is looking good for more pictures :cool:

I did have the next bit of the route all planned but after running it through today the A77 Fenwick Moor has lots of work ongoing with a new bypass. Instead it may be an option to head down coast a bit on the Ayr Scenic Route. The views here are spectacular and we would get to go up the Electric Brae then down into Girvan before heading back on route to Galston for the rest of the run. I estimate this addition would add another 40 - 50 miles (so 170 altogether) and an extra 90 minutes to the run.

Doing the Ayr/Girvan part would also bring us back to Cumbernauld in nice time for Pizza Hut about 1730 for food and laughs before all going our own ways home :(
As soon as the chance comes up then I will drive this section to take a closer look before deciding one way or the other. In the meantime though I would appreciate feedback if you would like to include Ayr etc.

Within the next fortnight the idea is to have everything sorted out so that all those taking part can be given the full route directions well in advance. And if you are up for either the Tesco Breakfast or Pizza Hut dinner please let me know. I will contact Pizza Hut nearer the time to make sure they have space for us so would like to give them an accurate indication of numbers dining.

And for anyone who cant make the run, it would be great to have you along at the Hut as well.

Oh yeah, and anyone who wants to bring along a bucket and spade would be most welcome (just not in my MINI :clown:)

Monsta Mo Mini
13th May 2004, 04:21 PM
Sorry, defo winnae make this one, will just be back from our hols and will still be jet-lagged.
Good luck on the day and look foarward to seeing the pics - don't really know that part of the world.

Starky
13th May 2004, 07:27 PM
Allen, put me an' the missus down as a maybe, might pick up the back line at Moodiesburn, just look out for a wee leccie blue 'n' white roof.

Willie M
13th May 2004, 08:12 PM

Sorry, defo winnae make this one, will just be back from our hols and will still be jet-lagged.
Sheeesh!! Your whole life's just one big holiday, eh Calum ;):D
Sorry you ain't gonna make it though.

Heather
14th May 2004, 12:23 AM
were you thinking about the car park at the vikingar? may be a problem on saturdays as it is always packed then.(best friend lives in a house right next to it) the marina is not too far from there, has a great eatery and would be odds on easier to park. off course i could just get my friend to picket the entrance so no-one gets in............;)

Starky
14th May 2004, 02:19 AM
Bribe her Heather.

Heather
14th May 2004, 02:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

Bribe her Heather.

As a huge mini fan who cannot afford one, that would not be too much trouble!!

ny152
14th May 2004, 04:15 AM

Allen, put me an' the missus down as a maybe, might pick up the back line at Moodiesburn, just look out for a wee leccie blue 'n' white roof.

Will add you down as a part runner just now :)
Should be passing Moddiesburn about 1015 all things going well...

Nearer the time I'll pm you with my mobile number and if you can make it on the day that'd be great :D

ny152
14th May 2004, 04:21 AM

were you thinking about the car park at the vikingar? may be a problem on saturdays as it is always packed then.(best friend lives in a house right next to it) the marina is not too far from there, has a great eatery and would be odds on easier to park. off course i could just get my friend to picket the entrance so no-one gets in............;)

Hi Heather
If I drop a load of traffic cones off the day before, do you think she'd put them out in the morning for us :p
The bit I was thinking about was when you come down from the Old Largs Road it's straight across the main road into Largs (my map directions will be better!).
How far is the Marina from Nardini's - I cant go without a fix of Mint Ice Cream and Marshmallows :approve:

Heather
14th May 2004, 07:26 AM
she does not need traffic cones. she is a mother of three teenagers, one withering look would do it! the vikingar is the car park opposite the council one next to nardinis. the marina is about a 5 minute walk away. it depends what time we get there i suppose. EVERYWHERE will be packed if the sun is shining. On some days it can take 40 minutes to get from the top of the brae into the town centre. miles and miles of grey hair and volvos:( What it needs its lots of shiny minis!

ny152
14th May 2004, 07:35 AM

she does not need traffic cones. she is a mother of three teenagers, one withering look would do it! the vikingar is the car park opposite the council one next to nardinis. the marina is about a 5 minute walk away. it depends what time we get there i suppose. EVERYWHERE will be packed if the sun is shining. On some days it can take 40 minutes to get from the top of the brae into the town centre. miles and miles of grey hair and volvos:( What it needs its lots of shiny minis!

Aiming for 12 noon for Largs, Heather.
Going to do a run through a week on Saturday to see how busy car parks are etc.
Couldn't agree more though - a prosession of MINIs through Largs should be a thing of beauty :D

Starky
14th May 2004, 08:51 PM
Cheers Allen.:)

Will add you down as a part runner just now :)
Should be passing Moddiesburn about 1015 all things going well...

Nearer the time I'll pm you with my mobile number and if you can make it on the day that'd be great :D

Astrohaggis
14th May 2004, 10:23 PM
Hooray - got the day off! Count me in! (Tesco and pizza) :p

ny152
15th May 2004, 03:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis

Hooray - got the day off! Count me in! (Tesco and pizza) :p

Welcome aboard Ben - glad you can make the run :D

ny152
16th May 2004, 05:14 PM
Took a run down the route last night and Largs Parking looks like causing a problem :(

The main carpark at the sea front is pay and display, with a £2 charge, Nardini's have patrons only parking but the space is pretty limited and Vikingar may be very busy on a Saturday lunchtime!

How do people feel about having to pay for parking bang in the centre? Its a good location, but we would need to stump up £2 each.
Alternatively, there is the car park at Safeway just as you leave Largs. Its a decent size and means that hopefully we'd make it through the town without getting split up. From Safeway its a five minute walk or so back to the centre.

Heather, you mentioned the Marina before, is that the one about a mile past Largs? It would probably be too far out to head into Largs for ice cream, etc.

Next Saturday I will travel down to see what the parking is like on a weekend lunchtime so hopefully that will give a better indication.

The good news is that the turkish delight ice cream is very tasty, especially when mixed with mint choc chip :p

Also drove along the Ayr Scenic Route, which takes in the Electric Brae. Travelling south from Ayr it doesnt have the same 'wow' factor as going the other way. Also you dont get the full effect of the Brae either. The only other way would be to bypass Ayr and attack it from the other side, which would mean doubling back and adding on more miles. I have a feeling that this might be better served with a run in its own right - so watch out for a Rabbie Burns Cruise if the West Coast one goes okay ;)

At least my new wee Aldi satnav unit picked up another road at Kilmalcom that is twisty, fast and takes us in closer to the Old Largs Road without having to go right through Greenock and Port Glasgow :)

Oh yes, word of warning for the Old Largs Road, its pretty narrow some of the way and nice as they are you shouldn't go picking up little lambs as pets, no matter how much they enjoy running in front of a MINI :eek: There's hundreds of the little, er, lambs. Started to count the sheep but could feel myself dozing off so had to stop :clown:

More updates as and when they happen :)

Willie M
17th May 2004, 03:17 PM
Sounding good Allen. You're certainly putting a fair bit of work into this one. Well done :cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
17th May 2004, 04:24 PM
Update on the Antennae flags - looked into it - won't be bothering - minimum order and unit costs far too high for custom flags

ny152
17th May 2004, 04:25 PM
Willie
Its bloody nerve wracking :D

Still it gave me the excuse to get the satnav. Which I then had to try yesterday in a couple of other runs. One down the Clyde Valley road (nice scenery) and the other from Stirling to Anstruther (excellent driving roads) ;)

Stopped off at the Secret Bunker on the way and had a wierd experience with a herd of cows and a people carrier :blackeye: .....

phantom
18th May 2004, 02:49 AM

Update on the Antennae flags - looked into it - won't be bothering - minimum order and unit costs far too high for custom flags

Big thanks for looking into it anyway, top man Calum:D:D

Crombers
18th May 2004, 06:02 PM
Just heard that MC may be delivered earlier than 7/6 :D. If so this could be it,s maiden run:cool:. Could you put me down as a possible & I will keep you updated.

KAH
18th May 2004, 11:15 PM
I've not looked on the forum for a while but the run is looking really good you must have done a few miles now!!!!

I'm still in Manchester but will be finished here on 28th may!!!! Ya Dancer!!!

Cant wait for the run i've been driving my works Vectra (and other asorted rubbish) for 2 months so i really need some MINI time!!

Starky
19th May 2004, 01:59 AM
Allen, we're lookin good for the run but I was lookin at the Tesco web site and it appears they have 2 stores in Cumbernod, which one are you meeting at?

ny152
19th May 2004, 02:40 AM
Hello John
Its the big new 24 hour Tesco as you head into the town centre from Glasgow. I thought they had shut the other smaller one down. Very nice store this one and they tend not to leave shopping trolleys where they can whack a poor defenceless MINI.
I will be doing a test run of the breakfast menu in the next week [-)]

Off out for a wee run about Stirling now. Will update the first posting when I get back.

:)

ny152
19th May 2004, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Just heard that MC may be delivered earlier than 7/6 :D. If so this could be it,s maiden run:cool:. Could you put me down as a possible & I will keep you updated.

Allan, hope you can make it - if you want some of the 'team' to come round and apply pressure to the dealer for an early delivery please let us know :blackeye:

:D

ny152
19th May 2004, 03:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by KAH

I've not looked on the forum for a while but the run is looking really good you must have done a few miles now!!!!

I'm still in Manchester but will be finished here on 28th may!!!! Ya Dancer!!!

Cant wait for the run i've been driving my works Vectra (and other asorted rubbish) for 2 months so i really need some MINI time!!

Glad you are looking forward to it Kenney :)

ny152
19th May 2004, 03:37 PM
SOUNDTRACK REQUESTS - UPDATED 31st MAY

Thought it might be a good idea if all those taking part in the Run could post their favourite in-car drving tune here. Looking for the song title and artist

That way we can compile a cool disc to listen to on the route :cool:
Self Preservation Society will be featured as the anthem ;)

So far we have:
Astrohaggis - MINI - Corduroy
Kah - CA PLANE POUR MOI - Plastic Bretrand
Wille M - SO LONG ASTORIA - The Ataris
Bonnie Scotland - YOUNG AMERICANS - David Bowie
Starky - ON DAYS LIKE THESE - Matt Monroe
Phantom - WALKING ON SUNSHINE - Katrina and the Waves
Tribalmini - BANANA SPLITS THEME
Broken Brian - ACE OF SPADES - Motorhead

Even if you're not going on the run you can nominate a song (bit like the Eurovision except Coatbridge dont vote for Airdrie :blackeye:)

Astrohaggis
19th May 2004, 05:05 PM
Has to be the music from the original Italian Job!!! :p

Also how about "MINI" by Corduroy! :):cool:

KAH
19th May 2004, 05:29 PM
the one song that will put a smile on you face as you fly down a tree line b road at a speed you shouldnt be doing on a brught summer day has to be
'Ca plane pour moi' by Plastic Bretrand

it's especially good when there are 20+ minis in a convoy!!!!!

its a bit of a strange one but trust me on this

Crombers
19th May 2004, 06:05 PM

Allan, hope you can make it - if you want some of the 'team' to come round and apply pressure to the dealer for an early delivery please let us know :blackeye:

Sales team assure me that MINI is never delivered late & that if anything may be delivered w/c 24/5 - yipee

Starky
19th May 2004, 06:46 PM
I will be doing a test run of the breakfast menu in the next week [-)]

Already checked out at our local Tesco, yum yum :)

Allen, had another look at site map is this the Craigmarloch store on auchenbee road?

ny152
20th May 2004, 08:25 AM
CUMBERNAULD TESCO EXTRA
TRYST ROAD
NORTH CARERAIN
CUMBERNAULD
G67 1NG

Its just off to the right of the shopping centre as you approach from Glasgow. Only been opened since the turn of the year, but very big inside.
If anyone thinks they will have problems finding it then they can meet me beforehand either in Glasgow or Stirling.

ny152
20th May 2004, 09:37 AM
Had another run tonight and made some (dramatic) changes to the latter half of the Run.

There are a lot of roadworks on the Fenwick Moor at the moment and one little hold up (as happened today) can cause major tailbacks.

Sooooo, the route is now going to go down as far as the A70 cut off at Ayr. This takes us through some really good twisty roads. First time that I have been down here and it surprised me quite a bit. Some of it even reminded me of up Perthshire way which is no bad thing :)

At one point I was thinking of heading back through the Clyde Valley and New Lanark but dont think this will be a good idea because of ongoing road closures in Lanark and the amount of people fleeing out of Garden Centres along the way.

The good news is that its given me lots of ideas for future runs - but I want to get this one out of the way first!!

All we need now is for people to nominate their favourite tunes for the cd and for those who want to go to pizza hut, or for a tesco breakfast, to let me know in advance.

On the morning of the Run I'll be heading through to Stirling from Glasgow to pick up Tricia so if anyone wants to meet along the way just let me know.

For a few of you this might be the first time you've been on a run and I would encourage you to just come straight up and say hello. Both Willie M and Calum done this on my first run (only last October)and it made me feel right at ease. I'll be the one in the Gold diesel (its dirty and I like it :p)

The first post has now been updated with all the latest info and the major roads that we will be travelling on. A more detailed route will be published after I make a final dry run this Saturday morning.

Willie M
20th May 2004, 03:25 PM

For a few of you this might be the first time you've been on a run and I would encourage you to just come straight up and say hello. Both Willie M and Calum done this on my first run (only last October)and it made me feel right at ease.

Yeah, don't be shy folks. I'm sure you'll quickly find that we're a friendly bunch :cool: (just be careful of that low n' loud fella, he'll have the fillin's out yer teeth so he will :p)

CD request: My favourite MINI driving song has gotta be 'So Long Astoria' by The Ataris (but you may have difficuly finding that). Next would be 'Monkey Wrench' by the Foo Fighters :approve:

ny152
20th May 2004, 04:17 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Goldmini
CD request: My favourite MINI driving song has gotta be 'So Long Astoria' by The Ataris (but you may have difficuly finding that). Next would be 'Monkey Wrench' by the Foo Fighters :approve:

Got So Long Astoria here somewhere <shuffles through cd collection>

Who wants to go next pop pickers :question:

Gismo
20th May 2004, 04:20 PM
No collection is complete without Young Americans by the demi god David Bowie
Still uncertain whether i'll be home for the run, will let you know when i return from my holiday :cool:

ny152
20th May 2004, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

No collection is complete without Young Americans by the demi god David Bowie
Still uncertain whether i'll be home for the run, will let you know when i return from my holiday :cool:

What better way to remind yourself of a great holiday than by visiting Largs and Saltcoats BOTH in the one day :clown:

Hope you can make it. Music choice added to the list.

Starky
21st May 2004, 12:31 AM
You MUST include the great Matt Monroe's "On days like these", which as you know was in the Italian Job.

phantom
21st May 2004, 03:20 AM
Ok, I'll be the one with no sense and would have Katrina and the Waves with Walking on Sunshine, I plan to have this at my funeral, hopefully some way off yet.:p

Heather
21st May 2004, 07:17 AM
have to be the banana splits as euan played on the recent hadrians wall run. :D

ny152
22nd May 2004, 06:26 AM
Music post has now been updated on Page6 of this discussion.
If you haven't already made your selection "get a bloody move on" :p

Have now done a full run and it works out at 160 miles from start to finish. Also fiddled about with things a little bit at Kilmacolm and more twisties are featured now :) All it needs now is to enter the details into a good route planner (any suggestions?) and it should be fit for publishing.

As the run is maybe a little big longer than the average there will be 3 twenty minute stops plus the biggie at Largs (about an hour) and a quick photoshoot in Saltcoats.

If you have still to say if you will be joining us for tesco breakfast or Pizza Hut dinner please do so as soon as you can. Dinner should be at approx 6pm.
I need to contact the 'Hut to make sure they can facilitate (good word) us all.

And in Largs, would people like a proper sit down lunch in Nardinis, or rather get takeaway for the seafront? Kind of like the idea of sitting down the front with a tub of Turkish Delight Ice Cream :clown:

Largs Parking is still a dodgy subject - Nardinis car park is too small, Vikingar ideal but maybe too busy. So its either going to be the seafront if there is space as we come into Largs (favoured choice) or Safeway Cark park just at the end of Largs (five minute walk back into town).

Never seen as many sheep in the one place as on the Old Largs Road. Think they are getting used to me now - two even waved the last time :clown:
Please remember to respect the sheep on the day of the run :kiss:

Starky
22nd May 2004, 11:26 PM
Lamb curry and turkish delight ice cream, yummmiee! will try and make it to Tesco for brekkie (assuming I can find the right one). No pizza hut though, me no like.

phantom
23rd May 2004, 02:00 AM
Take away for us!:D

ny152
23rd May 2004, 03:12 AM

Hi Chris, so you wont be joining us for a sitdown meal then :(

phantom
23rd May 2004, 03:21 AM

Allen, I was on about the stop at Nardinis for the takeaway, or am I getting confused, We still will be at Pizza hut at end.

ny152
23rd May 2004, 03:23 AM

Allen, I was on about the stop at Nardinis for the takeaway, or am I getting confused, We still will be at Pizza hut at end.

The medication hasn't quite kicked in yet Chris, sorry!
Think the Nardini's takeaway will be best - if the weather stays good!

phantom
23rd May 2004, 03:36 AM
Sorted:cool::cool::cool:

ny152
23rd May 2004, 03:37 AM
Have now updated my Messenger address if anyone wants to PM me regarding the run.
Have also set up a Virgin mobile number for the run. If anyone needs it beforehand (in case they get lost looking for Tesco, eh Starky?) just drop me a line.

Will plot the route on Autoroute next week before getting one of my friends to do the run with me following to make sure the directions are okay. Goal is to have everything all set by next Saturday the 29th, so remember to get those tunes in and if you will be there for Pizza Hut at the end.

Starky
23rd May 2004, 03:46 AM
quote:
Have also set up a Virgin mobile number for the run. If anyone needs it beforehand (in case they get lost looking for Tesco, eh Starky?)
Aye and I just stay about 8 mile doon the road in Chapelhall tae :eek::eek: Just no too familiar wae Cumbernod.:D

broken_brian
23rd May 2004, 07:30 PM
right then my music choice would be

Ace of spades by MOTORHEAD :evil::evil:

Heather
24th May 2004, 03:24 AM
quote:[i]
Ace of spades by MOTORHEAD :evil::evil:

Nice choice!:D

Steve74
25th May 2004, 05:14 PM
Ok then, go on, count me in for the 5th of June!

:cool:

ny152
25th May 2004, 05:31 PM
Hello Folks
Just a wee quick update. My health isn't too good this week so i've been told to try and avoid driving and staring at a computer for too long (what else is there)

I'll be giving NMS and MINI a rest for a couple of days till I'm back on top of things, but please carry on posting if you want to sign up for the run, or about pizza hut, or choice of music, etc.

As soon as I feel up to it I'll reply and finish things off.

One last piece of good news. I have spoken to Vikingar and they will reserve part of their car park if we want to show the MINI's off :cool:. Does anyone have any objections to letting members of the public look at their cars close up?

Regards
Allen.

KAH
25th May 2004, 07:29 PM
Count me out for the Pizza hut thing, I'll try and make it for Breakfast at tesco....if i get up early enough!!!

If we can get parked then i dont mind anybody lookin at "The Sooper" but thats because mines is standard and wont get as much attention as others (you know who you are!!)

phantom
26th May 2004, 02:22 AM
Get well soon Allen:D

phantom
26th May 2004, 02:24 AM

Count me out for the Pizza hut thing, I'll try and make it for Breakfast at tesco....if i get up early enough!!!

If we can get parked then i dont mind anybody lookin at "The Sooper" but thats because mines is standard and wont get as much attention as others (you know who you are!!)

Hey Kenney, what you talking aboot, you got more on your car than me!:p

sh@z
26th May 2004, 07:04 AM
No can do :(

Exams and i finish on the 9th on June :(((((

Its a hard student life :cool: lol (tho i get my eibachs fitted on the 10th :p)

Willie M
26th May 2004, 03:17 PM
Aye, get well Allen. Surely you're not THAT upset about Larssson leaving ;):D

ny152
26th May 2004, 08:03 PM
Getting cheesed off lying in bed so have plugged the laptop in for a wee while :)

Had an email back from Vikingar and they have asked if they could get a photographer from the local paper to come along and get a picture of one of their Vikings with the MINI's :p Sounds like a good idea and helps us get free parking plus a little bit of publicity.

I will contact Pizza Hut next Monday regarding a table for us all (think we'll be okay at Tesco!) so please let me know by then if you'll be staying on for food.

Remember to keep your choice of music coming in as well.

And if anyone wants to dress up as a Viking... :clown:

p.s. to Willie, Henrik didn't even score last night :(
After a display like that Celtic should get rid of him :p:p (hey, that could be his own smiley!)

Heather
27th May 2004, 03:01 AM
ah, the ayrshire post! quality paper. no doubt the inverclyde telegraph will want in on the action too!! posing with vikings is good for me, well done on the liason. Now....BACK TO BED (in sternist nurse voice);)

ny152
27th May 2004, 07:10 PM

ah, the ayrshire post! quality paper. no doubt the inverclyde telegraph will want in on the action too!! posing with vikings is good for me, well done on the liason. Now....BACK TO BED (in sternist nurse voice);)

Yes Matron :D:I:D

Maybe we can start a bidding war between the papers!

KAH
27th May 2004, 09:46 PM
I cant wait to see this!!! VIKINGS!!!!!!!! Great!

seany
27th May 2004, 09:50 PM
that makes two of us Kenney

KAH
27th May 2004, 10:01 PM
You bringin one car or 2 Sean?

seany
27th May 2004, 10:05 PM
just the one, works

KAH
27th May 2004, 10:06 PM
nice!!

The Vikings will be well impressed!!

seany
27th May 2004, 10:08 PM
add you to my msn

KAH
27th May 2004, 10:11 PM
Who? me?

seany
27th May 2004, 10:13 PM
yea

KAH
27th May 2004, 10:18 PM
i cant get into it for some reason when i'm in this office!!!!

Will keep trying tho

ny152
31st May 2004, 06:39 AM
Got out of bed long enough to fit a glove box organiser and new gear knob :)

More importantly, have now done the route for the Run split into 5 stages. If anyone would like a copy, 233kb in .pdf format, please email me or pm me on messenger.

Will upload the files to some webspace tomorrow along with a general update.

Willie M
31st May 2004, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to it Allen :approve: I even know where the new Tesco's is now, thanks to Craig D ;)

Starky
31st May 2004, 07:10 PM

I even know where the new Tesco's is now, thanks to Craig D ;)

You're one up on me Willie. :p:D

seany
31st May 2004, 10:22 PM
any conv to this

phantom
1st June 2004, 02:26 AM
I'm up for a wee convoy to Cumbernauld, as I don't know were it is:p how about Stirling again, I know were that is as I arrived on Sunday an hour early, Doh!

ny152
1st June 2004, 02:56 AM

I'm up for a wee convoy to Cumbernauld, as I don't know were it is:p how about Stirling again, I know were that is as I arrived on Sunday an hour early, Doh!

Cumbernauld is very easy to find from either Glasgow or Stirling so hopefully no one will have any problems :clown:

Most people seem to know Stirling Services though so I will be there about 0845 on Saturday morning if anyone can be there for that time :eek: Well, I want a Tesco breakfast!!

The route directions have been uploaded in acrobat format at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/amo.net/
Sorry there is no fancy page for them but I will have printouts as well on the day.

I'm going to set up a mobile number specifically for the run so if anyone gets lost on the way to Tesco they can reach me.

Not driven the car for a week now due to health, but will have someone driving the full route before the weekend to make sure the directions are okay.

Finally, will post in the off topic forum for peoples favourite MINI music so I can build up a full cds worth.

Duncan Stewart
1st June 2004, 03:48 AM
Due to a late change of plans, now Helen and I can now make it :D Put us down for the Run and Pizza please :p

ny152
1st June 2004, 03:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Due to a late change of plans, now Helen and I can now make it :D Put us down for the Run and Pizza please :p

Great news Duncan. Looking forward to meeting both you and Helen again :D

Big Col
1st June 2004, 04:29 AM

[size=4
Willie M, support and genuine encouragement from a 'very nice guy'

and provider of the finest ho's! :D

If I'm back in time I'll be there for this!

Heather
1st June 2004, 05:04 AM
ewan wont be able to make it i think. spoke to him yesterday and he said he had a lot on. Does that mean someone else gets to be 13 for a change!:D

Gismo
1st June 2004, 06:05 AM
any conv to thisSeany, i'm still uncertain if i'm going, but, if i do go i'll meet you at the usual Perth meet up at the Broxden services @ 08.00 :) then onto meet Allen at the stirling services :sleepy:

Allen, if i do manage i'll be having brekkie and then the pizza :p;) i'll also have the wee lad with me, i'll confirm by wednesday

Gismo
1st June 2004, 06:08 AM

any conv to thisSeany, i'm still uncertain if i'm going, but, if i do go i'll meet you at the usual Perth meet up at the Broxden services @ 08.00 :) then onto meet Allen at the stirling services :sleepy:

Duncan, can meet at KFC 07.40 if your still going :sleepy:

Allen, if i do manage i'll be having brekkie and then the pizza :p;) i'll also have the wee lad with me, i'll confirm by wednesday

seany
1st June 2004, 06:22 AM
ok BS

ny152
1st June 2004, 07:49 AM

ewan wont be able to make it i think. spoke to him yesterday and he said he had a lot on. Does that mean someone else gets to be 13 for a change!:D

Are you volunteering yourself Heather :)
Sorry, if Ewan cant make it his number will be instead taken by a 1:64 scale model MINI in his honour. :clown:

ny152
1st June 2004, 08:09 AM
Going to give Pizza Hut a call tomorrow to let them know we'll be invading on Saturday about 6pm.
So far I have 15 people down for Pizza Hut:
Seany and Una
Goldmini and Tricia
Willie M and Linda
Bonnie Scotland and Girlfriends Son :I
Craigd and Jude
Phantom and Alison
AstroHaggis
Duncan Stewart and Helen

and not hitting the Hut we have:
Kah
Tribalmini
Broken Brian
Neil Bolland
Starky and Missus
low_n_loud1
Crombers
Steve74
Big Col

If you are on the wrong list, or want to come along after all let me know if possible please.

Even if you've not decided yet I will call Pizza Hut while we're on the Run to confirm a final figure with them if it changes at all.

Thanks,
Allen.

Starky
1st June 2004, 08:25 AM
Allen, just checked the 10 day forecast for Sat.- light rain, but hey, who knows!

ny152
1st June 2004, 08:37 AM

Allen, just checked the 10 day forecast for Sat.- light rain, but hey, who knows!

Cheers John, hopefully the forecasters have it wrong :I

Are you okay for getting to the Tesco Extra store now or do you want me to try and give you some directions for it?

Willie M
1st June 2004, 03:21 PM
I'll meet up with the Stirling Services (popular place ;)) crew at 8.45. (Mind you, if I met phantom there at 7.45 I could have a breakfast, and then another one at Tesco) It'll just be me Allen, Linda sends her apologies but I'm afraid she isn't going to make it.

Willie M
1st June 2004, 03:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

[size=4
Willie M, support and genuine encouragement from a 'very nice guy'
and provider of the finest ho's! :D
Aye, and you'd know wouldn't you big man? ;) Ah, another happy customer.

Big Col
1st June 2004, 04:23 PM
I won't be back in time on Saturday to make this run. My flight doesn't get back into Glasgow until ither 8:50 or 10:40 depending on which one the beloved company send me on.

quote:Aye, and you'd know wouldn't you big man? ;) Ah, another happy customer.

Yup. Top class service Big Pimpin'. The one I ordered for lnl from you cheered him right up once she finally found her false teeth. You could hardly notice her false eye or leg either.

Starky
1st June 2004, 07:10 PM

Cheers John, hopefully the forecasters have it wrong :I

Are you okay for getting to the Tesco Extra store now or do you want me to try and give you some directions for it?

Yeah here's hoping! I'll be coming up the A73, I assume I take the cut-off before I get to the A80, hope you're ok buddy, you've put a lot of work into this.:)

Burple
1st June 2004, 07:16 PM
Yer know wot??

Buggrit!! I'm gonna come after all....
How can I miss an NMS run????

aaahh... go on then.. put me down for Pizza too!!!! yum!!!

(or will it just be the scale model?? who knows....? ;))

ny152
1st June 2004, 08:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Yer know wot??

Buggrit!! I'm gonna come after all....
How can I miss an NMS run????

aaahh... go on then.. put me down for Pizza too!!!! yum!!!

(or will it just be the scale model?? who knows....? ;))

Yay!! Thats what we like to hear :D
The model would have been red, thats how we'd know the difference :p

Crombers
1st June 2004, 08:54 PM
Trrrragically (due to the holiday weekend) MC (born 27/5 - :Dah!) will not be delivered to Henry Bros until this Friday 4/6. Not wanting them to hurry the prep time in any way means that pick up date now out to Tuesday 8/6. All this therefore means that I will not meet all u folks this weekend. Looking forward to whenever the next meet is though.

ny152
1st June 2004, 10:04 PM

Trrrragically (due to the holiday weekend) MC (born 27/5 - :Dah!) will not be delivered to Henry Bros until this Friday 4/6. Not wanting them to hurry the prep time in any way means that pick up date now out to Tuesday 8/6. All this therefore means that I will not meet all u folks this weekend. Looking forward to whenever the next meet is though.

Sorry to hear that Allan. Still, just think, in a weeks time you'll have a brand new MINI :cool:
Some good roads up by Helensburgh way so maybe we could get a little evening run together to welcome you ;)

KAH
2nd June 2004, 12:21 AM
woo hoo...only 3 days to go to another NMS extravaganza

Do you think i might be getting a bit to excited?

ny152
2nd June 2004, 12:29 AM

woo hoo...only 3 days to go to another NMS extravaganza

Do you think i might be getting a bit to excited?

Not at all :D

p.s. you might be getting excited - i'm bricking it :I

KAH
2nd June 2004, 01:11 AM
dont worry about it....I've got nothing but admiration (and i'm sure everyone who participates will say the same) for the people who have the balls to organise a run cause it must be a nightmare.

ny152
2nd June 2004, 01:14 AM

dont worry about it....I've got nothing but admiration (and i'm sure everyone who participates will say the same) for the people who have the balls to organise a run cause it must be a nightmare.

Actually its really good fun putting things together like this so I'd recommend anyone who is thinking of organising something to go ahead and DO IT !!

(ask me again on Saturday night though and you might get a different answer)

phantom
2nd June 2004, 03:17 AM
Knowing my puctuality I will be at Stirling for 3am ( only joking I hope!:I:I )

Gismo
2nd June 2004, 04:25 AM
Ok, it's confirmed, i will be attending the run :) i'll be bringing my girlfriends son :evil:;) meeting at the places at the times i posted earlier ;)

Heather
2nd June 2004, 07:54 AM

p.s. you might be getting excited - i'm bricking it :I

Ill help as much as i can, it being my normal day to day driving area. plus it will give the greenock neds something to cheer their day.:D

ny152
2nd June 2004, 08:43 PM
The final test drive of the route is happening tonight so that should throw up any roadworks etc.
Will also let me see if the directions are okay ;)

Crombers
2nd June 2004, 09:03 PM

Sorry to hear that Allan. Still, just think, in a weeks time you'll have a brand new MINI :cool:
Some good roads up by Helensburgh way so maybe we could get a little evening run together to welcome you ;)

Hopefully ! Just got the reg no yesterday from Henry Bros & having passed on the details to esure they say they will
''have the docs with the dealer in 5 - 7 days''
''WHAT'' says me , but the car will be ready on Monday''.
''We will do all we can sir''

Anybody got any handy hints in dealing with these guys , that would put me at ease & look forward to Monday with absolute joy.

As for the roads over this way , I agree there are a few beautys.
Would welcome meeting up with any of the gang whenever as I am obviously missing out on this weekends run & also the Red Arrows Arrows Arbroath meet.

ny152
2nd June 2004, 09:13 PM

Hopefully ! Just got the reg no yesterday from Henry Bros & having passed on the details to esure they say they will
''have the docs with the dealer in 5 - 7 days''
''WHAT'' says me , but the car will be ready on Monday''.
''We will do all we can sir''

Anybody got any handy hints in dealing with these guys , that would put me at ease & look forward to Monday with absolute joy.

As for the roads over this way , I agree there are a few beautys.
Would welcome meeting up with any of the gang whenever as I am obviously missing out on this weekends run & also the Red Arrows Arrows Arbroath meet.

Can esure send it out Special Delivery to Henry Bros? (dont know if a fax would do, could ask that as well)

Maybe a few of us in the Glasgow area could get together one evening for a wee run once you get the car - anyone else up for this?

Heather
3rd June 2004, 01:55 AM
im with esure. if you tell them you want to pick it up you can at their offices in cadogan st glasgow. open 8am till 8pm.:D

Mini Martyn
3rd June 2004, 05:34 PM
Can you add my name to the list, please? :D

ny152
3rd June 2004, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Can you add my name to the list, please? :D

Hello Martyn. No problem thats you added :)

Do you want put down for Pizza as well?

Crombers
3rd June 2004, 09:03 PM

im with esure. if you tell them you want to pick it up you can at their offices in cadogan st glasgow. open 8am till 8pm.:D

Thanks for tip. Phoned them again & if Henry Bros do not have paperwork by Friday then esure will print off new docs and Henry Bros have offered to uplift (nice people:cool:). 4 days to go & all this exitement over a car (you just know that this wee thing is gonna be special:D

broken_brian
3rd June 2004, 09:59 PM
put me down for pizza as well since im going in lnl s car

ny152
3rd June 2004, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

put me down for pizza as well since im going in lnl s car

No problem Brian. Will add you on to no.13 on the list. Or I could move LnL to no.9 .....

nah keep him at 13 :p

Gismo
3rd June 2004, 10:57 PM
Ok, who are meeting at KFC in Dundee and others for the convoy :question:

KFC Dundee (leave 07.45)
1 Bonnie Scotland + Wee Jase

Broxden Roundabout (leave 08.05)
1 Seany + Una

Stirling Services (leave 08.50)
1 Goldmini (Cause i don't know where the start is :I)

Burple
4th June 2004, 01:36 AM
actually no.. forget I posted that (as he deletes it...)
I'll have to leave a wee bit earlier to go pick up BB...

ny152
4th June 2004, 02:39 AM
Just done a follow up phone call to Pizza Hut in Cumbernauld and they have advised that they cant take the booking in advance now as the Manager wont let them :( Like a tube I cant remember the name of the person I spoke to the first time who said it would be okay!

We could still turn up but they will now not guarantee that they can take us all together, so we have 3 options here:

1) Chance it and still head for Pizza Hut.
2) There is a Travel Inn at Cumbernauld with a Dovecoat Beefeater attached (think thats the name)
3) Head for the Brewers Fayre in Bannockburn (2 minutes from Stirling Services)

Personally as much as I was looking forward to Pizza Hut I'd rather tell them to sod it and go for option 2 or 3 (been to the BF and they serve up some decent food at this one).
Dont know much about the Beefeater chain though so cant comment there.

If everyone lets me know there preferece for 1,2,3 then I'll go into the final choice tomorrow morning and speak to them in person.

Sorry for the inconvenience. All I want to do now is "Punch the Hut"

GoldMINI.

p.s. have taken the route pdf's down from my webspace to make one or two final tweaks after last nights run.

ny152
4th June 2004, 02:42 AM

Ok, who are meeting at KFC in Dundee and others for the convoy :question:

KFC Dundee (leave 07.45)

1 Seany + Una

Stirling Services (leave 08.50)
1 Goldmini (Cause i don't know where the start is :I)

Alan, would suggest leaving Stirling no later than 0845 if we all want to get a breakfast at Tesco.
If anyone else from Glasgow wants to travel through in an early morning convoy to Stirling with me (about 0800) then please post for that as well.

phantom
4th June 2004, 03:21 AM
I will meet at Stirling services and as for food how about option 2, but I'm easy on that one.:D

ny152
4th June 2004, 03:29 AM
:clown:

Heather
4th June 2004, 03:37 AM
Goldmini,
since im just round the corner from you can we meet up together? Just name the time and place and i will be there with birthday feathers in my hair!!:D

Craig
4th June 2004, 03:40 AM

Just done a follow up phone call to Pizza Hut in Cumbernauld and they have advised that they cant take the booking in advance now as the Manager wont let them :( Like a tube I cant remember the name of the person I spoke to the first time who said it would be okay!

We could still turn up but they will now not guarantee that they can take us all together, so we have 3 options here:

1) Chance it and still head for Pizza Hut.
2) There is a Travel Inn at Cumbernauld with a Dovecoat Beefeater attached (think thats the name)
3) Head for the Brewers Fayre in Bannockburn (2 minutes from Stirling Services)

Personally as much as I was looking forward to Pizza Hut I'd rather tell them to sod it and go for option 2 or 3 (been to the BF and they serve up some decent food at this one).
Dont know much about the Beefeater chain though so cant comment there.

If everyone lets me know there preferece for 1,2,3 then I'll go into the final choice tomorrow morning and speak to them in person.

Sorry for the inconvenience. All I want to do now is "Punch the Hut"

GoldMINI.

p.s. have taken the route pdf's down from my webspace to make one or two final tweaks after last nights run.

Not eaten in the beefeater for a few years, but I would say that it is on a par with the Brewers Fayre. The car park in the Beefeater is a bit small though, so I would plump for the Brewers Fayre as it has a much bigger car park - or there is a Pizza Hut a couple of miles from the brewers fayre that may take us?? (just was looking forward to my pizzzzzzzaaaaaa):cool:

Craig

ny152
4th June 2004, 03:41 AM

Goldmini,
since im just round the corner from you can we meet up together? Just name the time and place and i will be there with birthday feathers in my hair!!:D

How can I refuse an offer like that :D
How about Shawlands Academy at 0800 then we can head down on to the motorway from there?
If anyone else wants to join in from Glasgow they'll be more than welcome :)

p.s. Does that mean you'll be expecting a birthday card??

ny152
4th June 2004, 03:44 AM
Bonnie Scotland started this post with who is meeting up where on the way to the run, so if you want to add your name to it if you want a mini MINI run (:p) just copy and add from the one below.

KFC Dundee (leave 07.45)

1 Seany + Una

Stirling Services (leave 08.45)
1 Goldmini (Cause i don't know where the start is )
2 Phantom

Glasgow Shawlands Academy (leave 08.00) to Stirling
1 Goldmini
2 Tribalmini (feather wearing award winning birthday girl)

ny152
4th June 2004, 04:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Not eaten in the beefeater for a few years, but I would say that it is on a par with the Brewers Fayre. The car park in the Beefeater is a bit small though, so I would plump for the Brewers Fayre as it has a much bigger car park - or there is a Pizza Hut a couple of miles from the brewers fayre that may take us?? (just was looking forward to my pizzzzzzzaaaaaa):cool:

Craig

Was looking forward to pizza as well Craig but the one in Stirling is a bit on the small side so might be busy on a Saturday teatime.
Can certainly visit them tomorrow and have a word though.
Keeping my strength up by thinking Brewers Fayre "curry feast" ;) at the mo.

Who is up for oganising a seperate Pizza Night then :D

phantom
4th June 2004, 04:18 AM
Brewers Fayer for me then, thats option 3 then I think:D

Duncan Stewart
4th June 2004, 04:41 AM
KFC Dundee (leave 07.45)
2 Duncan & Helen

1 Seany + Una

2 Phantom

1 Goldmini

As for food we don't mind where
Cheers :D

Mini Martyn
4th June 2004, 07:51 AM
Hi Allen

I now i am being a bit stupid here but where abouts in Shawlands is the Academy?

Might just make my own way to Tesco as it means i get longer in bed,

ny152
4th June 2004, 07:55 AM

Hi Allen

I now i am being a bit stupid here but where abouts in Shawlands is the Academy?

As you drive through Shawlands from the City Centre its the right turn at the set of traffic lights in front of the Granary restaurant (road ahead splits into a 'V' junction. Dead easy to find :)

Can even get you in Shawlands itself a couple of minutes before. Who wants to lie in bed when you've got a MINI to drive :cool:

Heather
4th June 2004, 08:05 AM
Goldmini
Its 5 to midnight...you are supposed to be resting!!!!!! (said in hattie jacques voice):)

Heather
4th June 2004, 08:07 AM

Dont be so lazy:D Its the big high school near the granary. Turn left at granary, global video on right hand side. Et vola. The Acadamy!

ny152
4th June 2004, 08:10 AM

Goldmini
Its 5 to midnight...you are supposed to be resting!!!!!! (said in hattie jacques voice):)

Cant sleep at night because i'm sleeping most of the day just now :sleepy:

Whats your excuse Hattie :D

Heather
4th June 2004, 08:22 AM
Off work on hols. Doing the "Im on the dole" turning night into day. Plus its the only time i could get to the pc as it was "engaged"!

Heather
4th June 2004, 09:00 AM
And the news from heather the weather for saturdays run is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2318

ny152
4th June 2004, 09:04 AM

And the news from heather the weather for saturdays run is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2318

weather.com is still predicting showers so we'll just need to wait and see :eightball:
I'm sure any possible rain wont dampen our spirits too much though :cool:

Mini Martyn
4th June 2004, 06:44 PM
OK, OK, you have twisted my arm I will see you at Shawlands at what time again?? :D:D

My Bro is coming along to, the thought of pizza was just too much for him to resist!! ;)

ny152
4th June 2004, 06:47 PM

OK, OK, you have twisted my arm I will see you at Shawlands at what time again?? :D:D

My Bro is coming along to, the thought of pizza was just too much for him to resist!! ;)

Hi Martyn. We'll need to leave Shawlands at 8am. (what area are you coming from?). If your held up in any way just give me a phone.

Will put you down for the food option :)

Goldmini.

Burple
4th June 2004, 06:49 PM
KFC Dundee (leave 07.45)
2 Duncan & Helen

1 Seany + Una

2 Phantom
3 LnL and BB

1 Goldmini

as for food!! 'Yes please!!' ;)
(not fussy where :D:D:p)

ny152
4th June 2004, 06:51 PM
KFC Dundee (leave 07.45)
2 Duncan & Helen

1 Seany + Una

2 Phantom
3 LnL and BB

1 Goldmini
3 Mini Martyn

Mini Martyn
4th June 2004, 06:57 PM
Coming from Jordanhill so it wont take me that long to get their, yeh food will be great at tesco and pizza hut. :cool:

seany
4th June 2004, 08:00 PM
Brewers Fayer

phantom
4th June 2004, 08:11 PM
Took day of work so I could polish me Baby:cool: Only the tyes left to polish now. Looking forward to seeing you all again.:D

Gismo
4th June 2004, 09:44 PM
I'd prefer Pizza somewhere :p

Willie M
4th June 2004, 10:44 PM
KFC Dundee (leave 07.45)
2 Duncan & Helen

1 Seany + Una

2 Phantom
3 LnL and BB
4 Willie M (+ his diirrrrtty MINI :disapprove:)

1 Goldmini
3 Mini Martyn

As for food, I'll go with options 1, 2 & 3 :clown: Seriously though, I don't mind where we end up.

Starky
4th June 2004, 11:02 PM
I'll defo be there Allen, see you at Tesco, hopefully. (does this mean it's no a part run now :D)

Craig
4th June 2004, 11:39 PM
If you all really want Pizza, there is a large Pizza (Hut I think) at Central Retail Park in Falkirk which may be able to accomodate us?? Just a thought.
:p
Craig

broken_brian
5th June 2004, 02:47 AM
just to let the stilring services lot know lnl is being lazy so we will meet up with you all at tesco at about 9:50 ish :D
so we will prob be there at 11:30 :clown:

ny152
5th June 2004, 03:15 AM
Went up to Pizza Hut and Breweres Fayre in Stirling today. The Pizza Hut said they never take reservations as its a 'drop in' atmosphere.
But Brewers Fayre were very helpful :). Said it would not be a problem to cater for us all (they haven't seen us yet!) and even gave some menus to look over. Plus they have a nice big car park for us. So it looks like Brewers Fayre is the winner.

Will bring the menu tomorrow for everyone to look at. Plenty of options for steaks, pasta, chicken, etc. Nice desserts as well :p.

In the meantime off to wash and wax the car before Still Game :D

Will post another update afterwards.

Goldmini.

Gismo
5th June 2004, 06:01 AM
Ok, so it's 10pm and i'm away to wash the car, sad or what :evil:

Craig
5th June 2004, 06:06 AM
Brewers Fayre do guid food anyway, so thanks to Allen for sorting the food out. (it's not too far from the hoose, so maybe "the wife" will drive home and I can have a beer aswell - YA DANCER!!)

See you all tommorrow at Tesco...:D

Mini Martyn
5th June 2004, 06:16 AM
Allen i am going to have to just meet you at Tesco, bro wants a long lie!!

Sorry dude but cant wait to see you their! :D

Julz
5th June 2004, 06:29 AM
Hope everyone has fun, I will be thinking of you all while I'm glossing my stairs!!:eek::clown: (should move in next week, I emphasise the SHOULD!!):D

ny152
5th June 2004, 07:01 AM
Martyn - no probs, see you at Tesco

Julz - enjoy glossing the stairs (do you use Meguiars?)

Tribalmini - see you at 8am.

Everyone else - either see you at Stirling or Tesco. If you are going for breakfast at Tesco I would recommend being there about 9am so you dont give yourself indigestion. As you go in the main doors there is an escalator straight ahead, go up that and you'll see the cafe.

Remember we leave at 10am prompt!!

Just going to print off the directions and run up the audio cds now. Growler is up in his garage all shiny!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning :)

Heather
5th June 2004, 07:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Hope everyone has fun, I will be thinking of you all while I'm glossing my stairs!!:eek::clown: (should move in next week, I emphasise the SHOULD!!):D

Good luck with the big move:)

Mini Martyn
5th June 2004, 09:03 AM
Just going to bed now so i will see you all in about 7/8 hrs!!

ny152
5th June 2004, 09:09 AM

Just going to bed now so i will see you all in about 7/8 hrs!!

Hopefully :D

ny152
5th June 2004, 02:59 PM
Anyone up for a wee Run today :clown:

SEE YOU ALL SOON :D:cool::D:cool:

Starky
5th June 2004, 04:02 PM

Anyone up for a wee Run today :clown:

SEE YOU ALL SOON :D:cool::D:cool:

Mememememe, it's a nice morning down here in Airdrie, a wee bit overcast but no rain yet, fingers crossed.:)

Julz
6th June 2004, 03:10 AM
How did you all get on then?? I got my stairs glossed, only took 4 hours:sleepy:, now just the downstairs hall, d/s bathroom and living room left!!:eek::(

Heather
6th June 2004, 03:26 AM
Julz, keep up the good work! It will be worth it in the long run.
Great day, with many thanks for allan for providing a very well organised run. Nice touch with the rock and postcards. I can safely say its one of the best birthdays Ive had. Stuck some photos on the mini2 gallery (link below) Roll on the red arrows!:D:D:D:D

Starky
6th June 2004, 03:36 AM
Big thanks to Allen & Tricia who had everything well organised and had put a lot of work into this one (our first) + the great bunch of folk who made us feel really welcome, cheers folks, I'm awa to have a wee swally noo, hope the grub wiz good, I'll catch up on you all later. Cheers. Starky + Missus - aka - John & Mary.

Julz, I sympathize with you, we're gettin a new kitchen fitted Monday, then it's the rest of the house, missed out on gettin a wee swatch o' the scary one, never mind, maybe Arbroath. Here's a wee link to my gallery page on Mini2, just a few piccys, www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_Starky.html boy my heids still spinnin wi all the twisty bits and tryin to play catch up wi who I suppose willbe the usual suspects.

Mini Martyn
6th June 2004, 04:01 AM
What a great day, great people and once again great cars!! :D

Thanks to Allen and Tricia for organising the run, I will use some of the roads again coming and going back and forward to Greenock.

See you all for the red arrows!!

My word of the day PIES!!;)

I am off out to try and bring my handy cap down, so that I can keep up with Willie!!?? What hole was it on again Willie?? :evil:

Hope that you enjoyed the pictures Alan?? :sleepy:

Duncan Stewart
6th June 2004, 04:55 AM
Another Soooooperb run :D. Fantastic work Allen & Tricia.
Mixing with the local natives gave an interesting twist to they day ;).

Willie M
6th June 2004, 06:46 AM
Another great NMS day out :cool:

A HUGE THANK YOU and well done to Allen and Tricia for putting together such a great run, and for looking after us all so well today. The wee stick of Largs rock and postcard was a great touch too. All I can say is the photographer from the Largs rag missed a great photo opportunity today (was it the gathering of MINI’s or my hole in 1 (at the 14th Martyn ;)))

Some really great MINI roads (the old Largs road was an unknown for me and some of the stretches through Ayrshire were superb), great weather and great company. All rounded of with a great meal and a blether at the Pirnhall Inn.

Nice to meet Steve74, Astrohaggis, KAH and Starky (and briefly Neil Bolland, sorry you had to depart early Neil). Hopefully see you all again on a future run. Good to see the rest of the NMS crew too. Thanks to Zimbo for sharing part of the run, only sorry I didn’t manage to get a wee bitty closer to that wee red car on the roundabout. I’m sure you could almost read it’s chassis number though :eek:;)

Great to see the Neds oot in force the day :approve:, special mention tae Bonnie’s three neebor’s on the Saltcoats pier. The two bullets with the Buckie and the ‘interesting’ flag in Lugar (I think it was) took the biscuit for me though. Soooperrb!!! Quality man.

Thanks again Alan & Tricia. I know how much hard work and effort you put into your first NMS run and you served up a cracker. Well done. (When’s the next one? ;)) Oh, and the run CD turned out great too, enjoyed the ‘eclectic’ mix although the ‘Rollers’ left me a wee bitty traumatised.

I'm sure one or two interesting photos will follow when Alan gets back from the pictures :D I'll try and post a pic or two tomorrow.

Willie M
6th June 2004, 07:17 AM
The Saltcoats Three :cool:
'Haw!! You're gettin' it ya pure nugget ye!'
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Willie M/35310.jpg

Heather
6th June 2004, 07:21 AM

Great to see the Neds oot in force the day :approve:, special mention tae Bonnie’s three neebor’s on the Saltcoats pier. The two bullets with the Buckie and the ‘interesting’ flag in Lugar (I think it was) took the biscuit for me though. Soooperrb!!! Quality man.

Ahh forgot about the interesting wildlife. Yes the flag.....now that was a sight to behold!:)

Gismo
6th June 2004, 07:48 AM
Firstly, great route and well done to Goldmini and all who assisted in the wee run today, wee jase and i are now home having watched the Harry Potter movie without falling asleep.

The day was pure dead magic so it was, special thanks to my wee ned, everyone should have one ;)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Bonnie Scotland/35312.jpg

Did Willie mention his hole in one yet :evil:

Gismo
6th June 2004, 08:05 AM
Saltcoats before the ned invasion

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Bonnie Scotland/35317.jpg

phantom
6th June 2004, 05:25 PM
Big, Big, Big thanks to Allen and Tricia for a great day out:D The rock and post card was a very nice touch, very obvious that a huge effort was put in by both of yous so massive pat on the back for a grat day:D:D:D
Great to see all me chums again and some new faces, looking forward to July for more fun, I'm off to wash me car now;)

Craig
6th June 2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks again to Allen and Tricia for a great day out. I think the neds on Saltcoats Pier will go down in NMS fokelore... "if ye want a beer, u've got 24 up the castle...." ye jist canny beat the banter...

Looks like we'll not be at the red arrows (on hols) or cullen (nae money left after hols), but we shall see you soon thereafter.

Craig

PS - think I may look at organising a wee run in a few months....watch this space.

Steve74
6th June 2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks to Allen and Tricia for such a well organised and fun West Coast Run! Nice to meet some NMS'ers that I haven't spoken to before!!!!:cool:

broken_brian
6th June 2004, 08:00 PM
had a great day out even if lnl was trying to kill us by being just a little bit enthusiastic in some of the corners :D

well done to allen and tricia

KAH
6th June 2004, 08:41 PM
Well done for Allen and tricia for the organisation, it was unfortunate that the viking had to miss out.

Cant wait for the next Run!!!!

Monsta Mo Mini
6th June 2004, 11:39 PM
Would someone care to write a wee report (few 100 words) and send me some piccys and I'll make a wee page for the events section.

cheers

MMM (info@newminiscotland.co.uk)

ny152
7th June 2004, 08:44 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed the day :D.

Myself and Tricia may have organised it but without all your participation it wouldn't have been possible. So go on, take a bow all of you, dont be shy :I

It was nice to meet some of you again and to speak to some first time runners while we waited on LnL to show up at Tesco :cool:.

Could hardly believe that there we no other cars on the Old Largs Road. All we had to do was worry about the sheep (and the sheep worry about us...)

Just a pity that the photographer was a no-show at Vikingar, but at least we got the parking out of it. Hope you all enjoyed the Dixie band and dancers instead :) But I wont even pretend to hide my disgust at the lack of Turkish Delight ice cream in Nardinis :mad:

Only one thing to say about Saltcoats. NEDS. They're what every MINI run should have. It was really good of them to get on the phone and let all there pals know the rest of our route so they could come out and wave over walls and motorway bridges. Think the next time we'll get Buckfast to sponsor us :clown:

Like I said earlier everyone deserves credit for the run, but special greets and thanks in no particular order to: Bonnie Scotlands wee co-driver who may someday be the new Larsson. Tribalmini and her 'pet' for the run from Glasgow. Starky for finding us okay. LnL for finding us eventually;). Tesco and Brewers Fayre for feeding us :p.

And last but by no means least thanks to Willie M for his encouragement and useful info when me and Tricia were organising our first run. Although you did go on quite a bit about that hole in one you got. Whats the big deal about a dodgy sock :clown:

:D:D:D

zimbo
7th June 2004, 09:03 AM
Yup it was an excellent day thank you Allen and Tricia. Special (personal) thanx to poor Willie for saving me from lnls driving after the ned invasion, dont think I would have survived the rest of the trip in the back of ewans car getting thrown around the back seat like a rag doll, even with the seat belt on!!:evil:

I owe you one Willie.

Astrohaggis
7th June 2004, 06:43 PM
Just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Allan and Tricia - what a fantastic day! (My first MINI run!) :D:D:D

It had everything you could want: a chocolate milkshake, dancing girls, neds ("ooh the banter"), loads of twisties and a whole bunch of MINI lunatics!!! :p Fantastic!

My wee car has just passed 2K miles and that was the most fun driving I've had in it yet! (I don't usually drive at *ahem* speeds though!).

Oh yeah - and the stick of rock was devoured last night! Yum!