PDA

View Full Version : ELFMAN'S NEW MOTOR (sorry no fotos!)

ELFMAN
25th March 2009, 12:20 PM
Anybody who's noticed me selling off various bits from my old car probably worked out something was afoot... Was about to spend lots (and I mean LOTS) of money on the old JCW, but after much soul-searching, wailing and gnashing of teeth :argh: I decided it would make more sense to spend a few more £££ and go for a new MINI instead while the 'free Chili Pack' deal was on - never even considered another make!!! Got a pretty good deal and had all my 'fancy bits' swapped for the standard bits F.O.C. so I could sell them.

I'm now the proud owner of: :cool::thumbs up:
R56 COOPER S, Chili Pack, Pepper White, Black Roof, Black Bonnet Stripes, Sports Suspension, Limited Slip Diff, 17 inch Crown Spokes, Chromeline Exterior and Interior, Piano Black dash, Cream Colour Line, Darkened Rear Windows, Stainless Steel Exhaust Trims, Front Spotlights - standard Sports seats as the JCW's from the old car won't fit in the R56...

Getting used to the new Steering, which feels initially a bit more 'artificial' than the old one, but still pretty good, and trying to get my seating position sorted after being used to the totally excellent JCW chairs! Obviously running it in - only got it on Monday - but it feels as if it has plenty of power/torque, so I'm happy with that... miss the sounds of the old Blown JCW though :shut up::smilewinkgrin: Miltek Downpipe/Sports Cat and full System will be on the Christmas list :yes nod: Lovely motor though :clap:

Sorry I don't have any fotos yet, but you'll all know what it looks like anyway!

Gismo
25th March 2009, 12:26 PM
Wow, what a surprise :D nice spec and excellent choice of colour :thumbs up:

GCA3N
25th March 2009, 12:32 PM
I'm jealous...nice car though can't wait to see the pics:thumbs up:

Crombers
25th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Cool one buddy, will hopefully see it soon :thumbs up:

Do you wanna follow me on a run soon :hand: :shut up: ;)

ELFMAN
25th March 2009, 12:54 PM
Cool one buddy, will hopefully see it soon :thumbs up:

Do you wanna follow me on a run soon :hand: :shut up: ;)

Cheers folks. Crombers, you've been waiting to say that for YEARS! :hand::smilewinkgrin: OK, I'll follow you - at least until the motor's run in... :thumbs up:

Gismo
25th March 2009, 12:59 PM
Craig has a cat back exhaust for sale :Whistle:

minimad
25th March 2009, 01:32 PM
what a beauty love those colours euan again all the very best :thumbs up::cool:

ianking
25th March 2009, 01:56 PM
Well done Mr Elfman.
If you take pics and email them to someone I am sure we could post them up.

Mini Ecosse
25th March 2009, 02:02 PM
Congrats on your new Mini.
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh

Stephen

Ivano
25th March 2009, 02:29 PM
Will be interesting to see what you have planned for this MINI.. ie Mods.

Although with it being a new car you probably don't want to fiddle with it for a while??

Did you sell your last one privately or trade it in??

ELFMAN
25th March 2009, 02:40 PM
Exhaust.....? Hmmmmmm. I remember Craig's exhaust. Though if I do anything to it so soon, certain family members would kill me. Still, I just wouldn't tell them... Have to think about that one. I'll maybe give the Big Man a shout. But it could mean instant death.

IVAN0 - I traded the car in, as I saw 'my spec' on one of the 'Chilli Pack Deal' cars in stock when we checked it out on the computer at the dealer, and decided to go for it, as I really wanted to take advantage of the deal and selling privately could've taken a while and would probably have meant I'd lose that particular car and have to take one which wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Tony - great to see you this morning! Tony's still alive folks, and the JCW 's still looking and sounding nice - he's just been too busy making the best damn chips in Lanarkshire...

RyanK
25th March 2009, 02:43 PM
Nice one, look forward to seeing the pics!

Colin
25th March 2009, 03:58 PM
Great news, hope you enjoy the new car. Com'n the mods :D

Craig
25th March 2009, 04:30 PM
Well Done Elfman, although if you had said you were selling your car "as is" I am sure someone would have bought it... ;)

As Alan says, I have a nice exhaust that would fit lovely.... and a nice deal could be sorted out between us... :thumbs up:

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.. :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2009, 04:59 PM
Glad you've finally made the move over to R56-ownership mate. You really will love the car when it settles in. Spec sounds very nice indeed.

The steering issue sounds similar to what we had when we first bought our R56. It will get better as the tyres run-in.

Any plans to put the Dealer JCW kit on it. If you put Craig's exhaust on, you could just sell the SS cat back you get with the JCW kit. I'm sure someone would snap it off your hands.

A.

ELFMAN
25th March 2009, 05:08 PM
I reckon I'll run it as 'standard' for a decent amount of time as far as engine stuff goes. The exhaust MIGHT be an option, but I'm loathe to start changing stuff so soon, before I'm certain everything's working exactly as it should - Craig and the 'R56 Trouble-shooters' would probably support me in that! If anything's amiss, I don't want the dealer to turn around and say it's connected to anything I've changed. 'You know it makes sense, Rodney...' Just looking forward to getting it out on a run. And the new car.

Bumble
25th March 2009, 06:16 PM
Wooo a new toy! Nice one Elfie!

zimbo
25th March 2009, 06:28 PM
Very nice sounding spec, but it must have been hard to say goodbye to old S :sad: a lovely car that was...

stoney
25th March 2009, 07:07 PM
;)nice one elfman :thumbs up::cool:

have sent you a text as well :cool:

N12 JLK
25th March 2009, 07:51 PM
Superb, sounds real nice:smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
25th March 2009, 08:22 PM
Glad to hear the R56 style eventually grew on you hope those panel gaps are with in limits.:Whistle::Whistle::p

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh well done.:D

KenL
25th March 2009, 08:23 PM
Sounds lovely, congrats.

You said "free chilli pack" - I thought it was ~half price?

D3 JDA
26th March 2009, 12:13 AM
Well done euan on the new car hope you enjoy it and get the pics up soon.David & Fiona:thumbs up::clap:

audrey
26th March 2009, 12:33 AM
Sounds lovely :thumbs up: Enjoy :D

ELFMAN
26th March 2009, 09:24 AM
Scottie - waited till I made sure they'd sorted the gaps... and hopefully the Engine.

Chill Pack was F.O.C., with that and a bit of negotiation I reckon I saved about £2,500+

Thanks for all the good wishes - Stoney's going to help me post some fotos when he gets some time.

Gismo
26th March 2009, 09:31 AM
Stoney's going to help me post some fotos when he gets some time.Who's gonna help him :rolleyes:

stoney
26th March 2009, 10:20 AM
:p:p
Who's gonna help him :rolleyes:
:p:p

Crombers
26th March 2009, 10:42 AM
Who's gonna help him :rolleyes:

:D good one :laugh:

ELFMAN
26th March 2009, 11:54 AM
Tecknoligy holdz nae feer fur the Larky Boyz!

We've got the paints and the paper, and when it's dry we'll hold it up for everybody to see.

KenL
26th March 2009, 03:01 PM
Chill Pack was F.O.C., with that and a bit of negotiation I reckon I saved about £2,500+

I am tempted!

What dealer was that Elfman?

Duncan Stewart
27th March 2009, 09:34 PM
:D Enjoy your new Mini :D

KenL
27th March 2009, 09:37 PM
I am tempted!

You keepin' quiet?

ELFMAN
28th March 2009, 04:57 PM
I am tempted!

Douglas Park MINI, Almada Street, Hamilton. That's the 3rd MINI I've had from them since 2001 :clap: Ask for Margaret or Stewart.

Was back there today, as I noticed some scratches on the roof where some eejit :frown: had 'wiped' it with a gritty cloth...:argh: they're fixing it on Monday along with a slightly 'unstuck' front number plate. No quibbles though.:thumbs up:

Thanks for all the good wishes - NMS is a large part of my MINI enjoyment - wouldn't be the same without the gang!:yes nod::D

camjay
28th March 2009, 05:20 PM
Sounds the biz. Will look out for you in Larky (and probably be very jealous) ;)

ELFMAN
28th March 2009, 05:34 PM
Sounds the biz. Will look out for you in Larky (and probably be very jealous) ;)

I very nearly went for a COOPER D myself, but I don't do the miles to get the benefits from it, and there's also my Mid-Life-Crisis which meant I had to stay in the 'S Club' :smilewinkgrin: or I'd miss my wee JCW too much!

Give me a wave :bigwave: if you see me. You'd be amazed at the number of MINI drivers who look at you as if you're daft :confused: if you flash the lights or wave at them :frown: I remember the 'Good Old Days' :p when other MINIs always acknowledged you.... where are they now? :rolleyes: Well mostly in NewMiniScotland actually :thumbs up:

GCA3N
28th March 2009, 06:16 PM
You'd be amazed at the number of MINI drivers who look at you as if you're daft :confused: if you flash the lights or wave at them :frown: I remember the 'Good Old Days' :p when other MINIs always acknowledged you.... where are they now? :rolleyes: Well mostly in NewMiniScotland actually :thumbs up:

This is so true. I am trying to get people down my neck of the woods(if they own minis) to sign up. I flash (using lights on car) and wave but mostly get odd glances back, maybe it's me or my car. What I have realised is the people that come up and talk to you because of the car, (mostly old men and wee boys...maybe retract that statement) :blush:

ELFMAN
28th March 2009, 06:22 PM
(mostly old men and wee boys...maybe retract that statement) :blush:

I really think you should :blush: before anybody sees it.... Oops.:argh::lol:

Stewart
28th March 2009, 06:47 PM
Think when the New Mini came out it was worth the wave, you were rarities on the road. Now I know there is a dealer in Giffnock but on my way from Cathcart to the Mearns today I’d have had to wave no word of a lie fifty to sixty times:bigwave:…..god in the car park there was six beside me….we now have four in my street……
Unfortunately like my mate was saying there certainly getting very common. :sad:

I’d have loved to have been there early on………..I did get a smile of a lass as we both had the same car……but her’s was an R53…but same idea with colour and stripes…..

ELFMAN
28th March 2009, 09:17 PM
Just goes to show you now don't have to be at all interested in cars and car-culture to have a MINI. These people just don't 'get it', which is a shame because they're missing out on a lot of FUN. Having a COOPER in 2001 was a BLAST - couldn't have had more attention if it had a Prancing Horse badge and Kylie in the passenger seat - which it didn't, unfortunately. As Robert Plant once sang on the live version of Stairway to Heaven, 'Does anybody remember laughter?' Anyway - well 'Off Topic' now!

Stewart
28th March 2009, 09:49 PM
Worst still there was an outstanding S in my fav gray colour with all the toys and top of the range wheels etc. The driver must have been late 60’s and that’s being kind……seen her a few times…jealous I got into my car although I still prefer my car it’s the Mini I always wanted since the very first review of the BMW version way back….Been around too many originals Cooper and 1275GT’s that needed a part time mechanic and bodyshop to keep them.

I always was going to ask her why an S or did she just go in and say “what’s the best!” There is another older woman I'm sure she must be close to 80……and she drives an absolute cracker of an original, blue with white stripes with a big GB badge on the back…..see her all the time. Obviously a garage job at night, its faultless when up close.

ELFMAN
29th March 2009, 11:37 AM
You're never too old to Rock & Roll if you're too young to die!!!!!

camjay
29th March 2009, 12:16 PM
Give me a wave :bigwave: if you see me. You'd be amazed at the number of MINI drivers who look at you as if you're daft :confused: if you flash the lights or wave at them :frown: I remember the 'Good Old Days' :p when other MINIs always acknowledged you.... where are they now? :rolleyes: Well mostly in NewMiniScotland actually :thumbs up:

YEP, I remember EVERYONE flashed when I had my 1st GEN mini in 02! :bigwave: Since coming back to "mini world" I've noticed that just doesn't happen anymore. There are just so many more minis on the road now!

ELFMAN
30th March 2009, 08:13 AM
A victim of its own success..... Hmmmmmm. Like telling everybody about a great quiet holiday place, which gets ruined by everybody going there.

Crombers
30th March 2009, 08:41 AM
Douglas Park MINI, Almada Street, Hamilton
Was back there today, as I noticed some scratches on the roof where some eejit :frown: had 'wiped' it with a gritty cloth...:argh: they're fixing it on Monday along with a slightly 'unstuck' front number plate. No quibbles though.:thumbs up:

Nice dealership ;) , glad your getting everything sorted :thumbs up:

Oh & it is a nice 'S' by the way folks.

ELFMAN
31st March 2009, 08:37 AM
Crombers - Get that manifold on!!!!!!!

antihero3000
1st April 2009, 02:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing this at the weekend :thumbs up: