PDA

View Full Version : any one know how to change injetors ???

stoney
25th March 2009, 01:13 AM
as above any help would be brill

BTW its a r53 :thumbs up:

thanx stoney ;)

leeg87
30th April 2009, 04:04 PM
you need to remove the intercooler to access the injectors. You should be able to just pull them out, what you changing injectors for?

Colin
30th April 2009, 05:37 PM
Knowing Stoney he's probably gonna put bigger ones in, more power :D

leeg87
1st May 2009, 12:26 AM
Stock cooper s one - 330cc are good to 230bhp, JCW 380cc work well up to 250-260bhp,

Due to my mods I run 440cc injectors, to run larger than 380cc you NEED a remap to scale them and / or a variable fuel pressure regulator - remap is the better way to do it though

stoney
1st May 2009, 06:19 PM
it is the jcw injetors to go in to the car it only had a 200 jcw map in it but will be geting the 210 map up dated bluefin for it at the same time

leeg87
1st May 2009, 06:33 PM
you may find that the stock JCW 210 map performs better than the bluefin. The stock cooper s map has been proved to make more power trough the revs than a certain bluefin one... worth a thought: save yourself a bit of dosh for something else

stoney
1st May 2009, 06:55 PM
thats it i know some one that had it done as is was not bad a all wont be doing much before next year now

leeg87
1st May 2009, 07:27 PM
personally I wouldnt bother with injectors or a map with your level of engine mods as you simply dont need them yet, plus the stock map is flexible enough to take care of things. A bluefin might lean out the AFR a tad and raise the rev limit and its that that would give you more power (at the very very top of the revs) but a leaner AFR is ultimately dangerous for the mini engine.

Rock stock ;)

stoney
2nd May 2009, 10:57 AM
with the GRSintercooler GTT manifold and de-cat i also have a itg filter and the jcw 210 air box with the flap paddle witch at the moment dosent open at 4500 revs as it should so with the map you need the injetors or it will run lean so i got injetors from a very nice person for a very nice price so i can have the 210 map put in my car but also have been offerd a blue fin at a very good price as well that is maped for a 210 jcw kit

so its not realy costing me that much it will be away for a live remap and 2% crank pully next year and mabie get my head polished and moded

V3 NGS
2nd May 2009, 08:05 PM
can anyone tell me where you would get a custom remap done {aberdeen area}... I will may be need bigger injectors but a rollin road test should tell all corect?? not to sure what the BHP of the motor is now... Keep going Stoney MORE HP is the only way LOL

leeg87
3rd May 2009, 12:17 AM
with the GRSintercooler GTT manifold and de-cat i also have a itg filter and the jcw 210 air box with the flap paddle witch at the moment dosent open at 4500 revs as it should so with the map you need the injetors or it will run lean so i got injetors from a very nice person for a very nice price so i can have the 210 map put in my car but also have been offerd a blue fin at a very good price as well that is maped for a 210 jcw kit

so its not realy costing me that much it will be away for a live remap and 2% crank pully next year and mabie get my head polished and moded

My car with 17% pulley, GRS intercooler, Janspeed manifold (sports cat) (same as gtt bar a couple welds) & drop in pannel filter dyno'd at 227bhp and the stock 330cc injectors were coping. Who ever told you that your car will run lean with your mods and 330's are talking out their bums.

With a 2% crank pulley on top of your JCW pulley that will give you a total reduction over stock of circa 13-14%.

With regards to the flap (paddle) in the JCW box, just remove it completely - it will work better bellow 4500rpm than if it is closed during that period.

I'm only trying to share my experience / views / knowledge. If you are addament (cant spell that word) about going for the JCW / Bluefin map & 380cc injectors then go for it, but I garantee the gains will not be significant, the larger injectors however will give you more room to modify to higher levels - i.e. add a cam.

leeg87
3rd May 2009, 12:20 AM
can anyone tell me where you would get a custom remap done {aberdeen area}... I will may be need bigger injectors but a rollin road test should tell all corect?? not to sure what the BHP of the motor is now... Keep going Stoney MORE HP is the only way LOL

There is only one place that I would take my car to to getting remapped and thats 1320mini - way down in england (thats where my car went for work, and where it will go for anything else that needs done in future - well worth the long journey)

A rolling road would tell you what AFR you are running yes and its well worth it just to make sure everything it tickety-boo.

Whats your current level of mods?

V3 NGS
3rd May 2009, 08:11 AM
There is only one place that I would take my car to to getting remapped and thats 1320mini - way down in england (thats where my car went for work, and where it will go for anything else that needs done in future - well worth the long journey)

A rolling road would tell you what AFR you are running yes and its well worth it just to make sure everything it tickety-boo.

Whats your current level of mods?

the mods i have at the moment are wilcox gas flowed head, GRS intercooler, 17% Pulley, K&N Filter, 4 branch race manifold & decat, Full stainless steel shotgun twin box exhaust, there is a cam but i can not remember what the hell it is now Stage 1 road race. Hope this helps

leeg87
3rd May 2009, 12:01 PM
depending on whether your mini was a 'wednesday' build of a 'friday' build you may will be running out of fuel since you have some headwork done and a possible cam (shrick / ultrik / newman / GTT reground job?)... Get you car on the rollers and have a look see whatcha got :)