PDA

View Full Version : Pet owners

sedgie
24th March 2009, 09:38 PM
ok....i'm now on my 3rd labrador...but this one is a lil b*gger for peeing indoors! any ideas on how to stop him..he will not poo inside but wee's!
We have puppy pads allover the house which he rips up and we are using sprays:argh:

Help!!!!:argh::argh::argh::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 09:40 PM
Sedgie, how old is he?

sedgie
24th March 2009, 09:43 PM
He is 9 weeks old noo Andy...but my last 2 were no pissing as much as he is in the hoose....he gets the run o the garden all day!

Scottie
24th March 2009, 09:47 PM
oh dear do you have wooden floors?? if not then to bad.:p

Just keep at it one day it will click he is not mean't to do it in the house he's only a young chap still

GCA3N
24th March 2009, 09:48 PM
Spoke to wife, here is her advice(she knows about this stuff)

1. Take it out ever hour, after sleep, play and eating/drinking
2. If he starts wee'in put him either straight on a pad or outside.
3. If he rips up the pad , you have to tell him no!
4. Put him in a confined space to sleep, cage/crate etc at night. (if you are having trouble at night, as dogs won't mess where they sleep.)

He will learn very quickly. Wife says one more thing that might be worth while thinking about. we did not use pads or paper, just a case of as soon as they start lift them outside, he/she will learn that is where it is done and will do it there. He will want to please so should'nt take long. we have a labradoodle and she took 2 days of this to learn.Not from me but my wife says " Woman learn quicker than men so might take a little longer" :eek:Yeh right , Good luck:lol:

sedgie
24th March 2009, 09:49 PM
:ragin: no wooden floors lol
You'd think i'd know by now how bad the lil b*ggers can be....but he is bad...but he is lovely:D

Scottie
24th March 2009, 09:51 PM
puppy pads have you ever heard the like:laugh::laugh: what next.

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 09:51 PM
OK.

Probably teaching my grannie to suck eggs, but here goes...

You gotta remember he's only 9 weeks. He's still a baby. I reckon him being in the garden all day probably ain't helping, and the fact he's pooing out there is possibly just coincidence.

I'd suggest - until he's a bit more house broken and is able to differentiate between peeing inside and out - you restrict his outdoors access to maybe 20 mins or so after each meal time.

I'm sure you're already using the usual chastisement procedure for when he's "naughty" and pee's inside.

Also, get an odour neutralising spray from your vets or pet shop. One that is biological and will break the smells down. This is supposed to work for cats pee more than dogs but it's worth a try. Stuff like domestos spray is no use.

A.

Scottie
24th March 2009, 09:53 PM
:ragin: no wooden floors lol
You'd think i'd know by now how bad the lil b*ggers can be....but he is bad...but he is lovely:D

Sedgie you should by know that pups are wee buggers and a lot of had work but they grow up

you'll be fine

you just forget or at least I did how bad they can be until I get another pup.

One of Scottie chewed a toy car never did find the wheels from the car.:laugh:

sedgie
24th March 2009, 09:53 PM
Spoke to wife, here is her advice(she knows about this stuff)

1. Take it out ever hour, after sleep, play and eating/drinking
2. If he starts wee'in put him either straight on a pad or outside.
3. If he rips up the pad , you have to tell him no!
4. Put him in a confined space to sleep, cage/crate etc at night. (if you are having trouble at night, as dogs won't mess where they sleep.)

He will learn very quickly. Wife says one more thing that might be worth while thinking about. we did not use pads or paper, just a case of as soon as they start lift them outside, he/she will learn that is where it is done and will do it there. He will want to please so should'nt take long. we have a labradoodle and she took 2 days of this to learn.Not from me but my wife says " Woman learn quicker than men so might take a little longer" :eek:Yeh right , Good luck:lol:
We are doing all that...all my dogs have slept in a cage/crate and yes we do the no thingy n put on pad...we tell him good boy when he wee's ootside....i just think "William is a task n a half :confused: lolol

sedgie
24th March 2009, 09:55 PM
Sedgie you should by know that pups are wee buggers and a lot of had work but they grow up

you'll be fine

you just forget or at least I did how bad they can be until I get another pup.

One of Scottie chewed a toy car never did find the wheels from the car.:laugh:
HaHa ...aye i'll just shampoo them all in a months time....or Gordon will...but @ the mo....ffs pish!:D

Scottie
24th March 2009, 09:56 PM
shake some vinegar on the pee gets rid of the odour and I found bounty kitchen towel a good way to soak up the pee:D

sedgie
24th March 2009, 09:57 PM
shake some vinegar on the pee gets rid of the odour and I found bounty kitchen towel a good way to soak up the pee:D lol just aswell i went 2 costco 2 weeks ago n bought 50 rolls!:thumbs up::laugh:

N12 JLK
25th March 2009, 08:02 PM
Nothing more to add really. Crate is a god send. He chewed the kitchen door and has been in a crate at night and when on his own through the day. No pee's or poo's in it and very rarely in the house since putting him in it.

The puppy books say in the first 12-14 weeks you should only take them into the garden for the toilet and then back in so that they know that's what outside is for. No playing etc. in the garden.

Also, take a wee treat out with you as a reward for when they pee. Tonight Duke done a huge pee, got a wee treat. Then went back and took the pee stance and let out about 2 dribbles, sat there waiting for a treat. Nae chance.

Any pics?? Love the name.

sedgie
26th March 2009, 11:09 PM
I'll put up some pics o wee william once i get my laptop back....off tae get fixed on hubbys desktop@ the mo:thumbs up: