PDA

View Full Version : R57 Preview

Scottie
24th March 2009, 08:27 PM
Anyone know if any dealer is having a launch/preview for the R57 I'm sure the preview is very very soon???

other than that dealer close to me.:frown::frown:

really fancy having a look round one

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure we got an invite to one of the dealers. Can't remember which one. Ditched the invite 'cause we couldn't go anyway. Was probably Grassics.

A.

GCA3N
24th March 2009, 08:45 PM
I got one through too, i think it was cotswald mini......I think, bit far though:rolleyes:

KenL
24th March 2009, 08:51 PM
I got an email invite from Menzies.

Might pop along to Eastern or Peter Vardy - more to look at hard-tops TBH!

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 09:13 PM
Was in at Vardy the other day and they let me into the compound to have a wee look at the R57. I have to say, it's waay better than the previous soft-top. At least, the back end is much better. You at least get a window to look out of now.

Although that "openomenter".:frown::frown::frown: More like wasteofspaceometer.:rolleyes:

A.

Ivano
24th March 2009, 09:47 PM
It is this weekend... I know of one dealership in Glasgow that is putting on a wee weekend launch... I wonder how i know that :confused::confused::D:D

Scottie
24th March 2009, 09:49 PM
Was in at Vardy the other day and they let me into the compound to have a wee look at the R57. I have to say, it's waay better than the previous soft-top. At least, the back end is much better. You at least get a window to look out of now.

Although that "openomenter".:frown::frown::frown: More like wasteofspaceometer.:rolleyes:

A.

what wheels did it have on???

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 09:54 PM
what wheels did it have on???

Hmmm. Didn't look. Sorry. Was too interested in the new black colour. Which when you see it in the flesh is a bit disappointing after seeing that guys car on - was it MINI2 or Detailing world? Can't remember. Not as good as expected anyway.:sad:

A.

ianking
24th March 2009, 10:21 PM
Sarah got a call from Eastern today to ask if she wanted to go to a launch night, she said no but she cant remember if it was Fri or Sat.
They still have her down as owning a Cabrio.

Craig
24th March 2009, 10:37 PM
that MINI at Vardy's was on Crown Spokes... :smilewinkgrin:

it also had the worst interior (beige leather) :laugh:

I think it looked great and when clean (Andyp) would have looked great. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 11:19 PM
that MINI at Vardy's was on Crown Spokes... :smilewinkgrin:

it also had the worst interior (beige leather) :laugh:

I think it looked great and when clean (Andyp) would have looked great. :thumbs up:

But that cooper in vardy's showroom was in the new black also. When I went to ask the guy about the one in the compound, he said, yeah, but so's the one in the showroom. Went back in and even when all cleaned up nice and shiny under the showroom lights, it was pants.:sad:

A.

MINI William
25th March 2009, 08:51 AM
The new black is not nice.We had one for some reason and even when it was washed it just looked so boring and horrible

KenL
25th March 2009, 08:27 PM
The new black is not nice.We had one for some reason and even when it was washed it just looked so boring and horrible

That is disappointing, I was considering it for my next MINI ;)

What's wrong with it? I thought it would be a really dark, proper black like VW diamond black pearlescent!

MINI William
25th March 2009, 08:31 PM
That is disappointing, I was considering it for my next MINI ;)

What's wrong with it? I thought it would be a really dark, proper black like VW diamond black pearlescent!

Just looked realy bland and dident do the car any justice when it was out the sun.When it was in the sun it looked a bit better but nothin to write home about IMHO

shaunbhoy67
26th March 2009, 12:46 PM
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Mini-Convertible-2009-the-new-R57-cabrio/

found some pictures of the cabrio!

Scottie
26th March 2009, 07:53 PM
I configured one up on the mini site so I could see the new style Bullet Alloys £445 as part of the chilli pack.

Wonder if we will be able to buy them over the counter.

Anyone know of any dealer that has the R56 with the new bullets on.????

Scottie
28th March 2009, 05:26 PM
Well anyone put a order in for the Cabrio??? I never managed to get to a dealer today to busy cleaning my cooper.

KenL
28th March 2009, 07:03 PM
I saw the new Cabrio, look really nice. It is re-styled at the rear, an it looks good.

Scottie
28th March 2009, 09:18 PM
I saw the new Cabrio, look really nice. It is re-styled at the rear, an it looks good.

any photos

by chance did it have the black bullets on????

what was the horizon blue like ?? seems all dealers got a horizon blue launch car reading mini2

KenL
28th March 2009, 09:55 PM
Horizon Blue looks like it will be not too popular. It is an interesting colour, quite different to anything else around. I liked it, but would not choose it personally.

No new bullets but I saw the chrome S-spokes, too blingy for me and no doubt a nightmare to keep looking good.

illegalhunter
29th March 2009, 09:52 AM
I saw 7 of them on a transporter on thursday

zimbo
29th March 2009, 02:28 PM
I think most if not all dealers got a Black S and an Horizon Blue cooper each, heres some pics I took.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3604/3394398183_af58a3734f.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3559/3395206968_07178679e5.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3617/3395206300_7497c1876b.jpg

and finally the interior of the Black S

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/3394396349_9743491e37.jpg

Which I must admit to liking :thumbs up: :yes nod: :Whistle:

Scottie
29th March 2009, 04:52 PM
I like blue:cool:

Ivano
29th March 2009, 05:14 PM
I am loving the interior of that Black S.. :thumbs up:

It would be a nightmare to keep clean though... It's very Classy

The Blue colour is very unusual.. I quite like too :cool:

Gismo
30th March 2009, 04:56 AM
Don't like that interior, would mark very easily methinks :frown:

zimbo
30th March 2009, 10:09 AM
Don't like that interior, would mark very easily methinks :frown:

Theres a shock!! :D but seriously I think that interior looks really nice when you actually see it and yes it hard to keep clean but I love keeping my car clean and looking immaculate all the time so that wouldn't bother me, would just put a bigger grin on my face :yes nod:

I think Horizon blue is a close relation to Thunder Blue from the GPs, when the sun is out it looks pretty nice and then when the sun is hidden etc it looks kinda greyish but still gets a :thumbs up: from me.

just need to see the new yellow now, out of curiosity only.

Oh and another thing, if you look closely at the interiour pic you will notice that the glove box can now bo locked and that is something I have been waiting to see for a very long time abnd think it is LONG over due and I for one will lokking into see if it can be retro-fitted

N12 JLK
30th March 2009, 03:02 PM
Menzies had a nice black one, still wouldnt get one as it pee's down most of the year.

Scottie
30th March 2009, 10:10 PM
the blue looks nice on the tv ad and I would agree looks a bit checkmate'ish colour

antihero3000
1st April 2009, 02:16 PM
Anyone here getting an R57?