PDA

View Full Version : wooo hooo

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 01:27 PM
get my new mini cabrio on thursday cant wait im so exited lol big child me :D

Gismo
24th March 2009, 01:35 PM
I guess you got a deal on the warranty then ;)

GCA3N
24th March 2009, 01:36 PM
Lucky you get some pics up asap, enjoy:bigwave:

rpn
24th March 2009, 01:43 PM
get my new mini cabrio on thursday cant wait im so exited lol big child me :D

:clap: Nice.

Perfect timing too, summer just round the corner.... roof down... :p :cool:

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 01:43 PM
yeah called him and told him to forget it its actually still covered under the tlc mini waqrranty until oct then im gona take out a tlc xl warranty from mini for the same price as he was only givin me a 1yr for so im pleased with that. also found out the cabrio roof was fully replaced last august under warranty from the original dealer wanted to know from them what its service history was like etc parts and stuff that had been changed, all seems to be fine with it so im happy to go ahead with my purchase :D

ianking
24th March 2009, 02:06 PM
TLC is service not warranty. Unless the owner has extended the warranty.
If its a 2004 then warranty would have run out in 2007. Service TLC is 5 years or 50k whichever is first but you can extend to 80k.

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 02:07 PM
:thumbs up: Good for you!!

One wee word of caution though... TLC is a service package, which covers the car for services (oil, filters, etc) for (I think) the first 5 years. After that there is the option to extend the TLC package for a further 3 years.

Warranty is a completely different thing. MINI's come as standard with a manufacturer backed 3 year warranty. After the first 3 years is up you can extend that, but you only have a short period of time after the manufacturer warranty runs out to extend it.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 02:08 PM
TLC is service not warranty. Unless the owner has extended the warranty.
If its a 2004 then warranty would have run out in 2007. Service TLC is 5 years or 50k whichever is first but you can extend to 80k.

:thumbs up: Good for you!!

One wee word of caution though... TLC is a service package, which covers the car for services (oil, filters, etc) for (I think) the first 5 years. After that there is the option to extend the TLC package for a further 3 years.

Warranty is a completely different thing. MINI's come as standard with a manufacturer backed 3 year warranty. After the first 3 years is up you can extend that, but you only have a short period of time after the manufacturer warranty runs out to extend it.

A.

It must be true.:lol::yes nod:

A.

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 02:13 PM
thick me lol right i get it now so thats just for service then not like a warranty if anything goes wrong with it then goot a lot to learn usually my husband does all this stuff but its me this time im trading in my landrover freelander dont need a big car now, appreciate the info lol ooopppssss

Gismo
24th March 2009, 02:15 PM
Yep, TLC is service, the manufacturer's warranty is 3 years and must be extended before the warranty expires, which, in your case, has already expired :sad:

ianking
24th March 2009, 02:24 PM
I would get back onto the dealer and tell him you need a warranty.

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 02:36 PM
yeah i will do although im not paying £300 for a year thats a bit steep will try do a deal with him maybe try get him down to half price thanks for that i honestly can say ive never been so exited about getting this car thursday cant come soon enough lol