PDA

View Full Version : Possible July Jolly

ianking
24th March 2009, 11:56 AM
Posted in OT&B thread as its just a kind of banter 'feeler' thread.

Anyway the last 2 years I have done a June Jolly and a July Jolly.
A couple people have asked if I was going to be doing a run this year but I thought the NMS calendar was pretty full.

Would anyone be interested in a run in July.
Possible dates are
5th July
or
19th July

Its not a big run, about 90 miles but there are some good roads.

Its up to you guys if you want another, I am happy to do it.

Gismo
24th March 2009, 12:02 PM
There is the Knockhill Speed Fair on the 19th, 2 runs already in June (No June Jolly??) and the Cullen Run on the 1st August.
You're right, there's not many dates left :computer:

MINI William
24th March 2009, 12:14 PM
Yehp we are up for it Ian :thumbs up:.for the 5th as we are at Knockhill at the speedfair and if memory serves so are you ;)

ianking
24th March 2009, 12:19 PM
Oh yeah I am at the speedfair.

5th Looks like it would need to be if folks are up for it.
If its too busy this year then not to worry.

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 02:03 PM
The 5th would more than likely be a no for us, as our assistant manager is still on his holypops and it's the first real weekend of the summer season.

But, tbh, any weekend during the summer School hols is gonna be dificult, so don't change the date on our account.

A.

Gismo
24th March 2009, 02:17 PM
I can't make any dates in July due to work

ianking
24th March 2009, 02:25 PM
What if I leave it until Sep?

That way its further away from the busy NMS run season and more folk might be able to make it due to not being the holiday season etc.

stoney
24th March 2009, 02:49 PM

That way its further away from the busy NMS run season and more folk might be able to make it due to not being the holiday season etc.

sep would be best for us as you know we are busy till start of aug :thumbs up:

Gismo
24th March 2009, 03:01 PM

That way its further away from the busy NMS run season and more folk might be able to make it due to not being the holiday season etc.I get home on the 16th September :thumbs up:

GCA3N
24th March 2009, 03:16 PM
I know i have still to go on my first run yet(albeit 3 planned this year) september would also be good for me, 20th i think is the 3rd sunday might be a suitable date for folks ( I would be good for any of the first 3 weekends) where would you think of planning the run.:bigwave:

ianking
24th March 2009, 03:29 PM
Run will be pretty much the same as last 2 years. Starts in Penicuik (just south of Edinburgh) and follows some of the reserviors and lochs down that way, lunch in Peebles and finishes back in Penicuik. Simples.

GCA3N
24th March 2009, 04:29 PM
Sounds nice love the east coast, been a while since i've driven that area, get a date posted, i'm sure you'll have the usual interest. All being well once i've done a few runs this year might try and organise a jolly, need to see how much work it is and all the things that need to be taken into consideration. :idea:

Scottie
24th March 2009, 07:24 PM
not bothered as I'm not attending.:p

Only choosing to go on my fav runs this year which just so happen to be Craigs two and Stoneys picnic run.:bigwave::smilewinkgrin::D

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 08:06 PM

Only choosing to go on my fav runs this year which just so happen to be Craigs two and Stoneys picnic run.:bigwave::smilewinkgrin::D

I'll pretend not to be offended at that.

<<<Searches for "the bird" smilie.

A.:sad:

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 08:08 PM
Ian, 5th & 6th September are SMRC meets at Knockhill, so folks will be up watching the MINI's.

I'm on holiday the 20th & 27th, so the only date in September for me is the 13th. Don't plan it around me though. It's your run mate, you schedule it when it fits you best.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Scottie
24th March 2009, 08:09 PM
I'll pretend not to be offended at that.

<<<Searches for "the bird" smilie.

A.:sad:

Aww sorry :D

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2009, 08:11 PM
Aww sorry :D

S'ok Fi. I know travelling to runs is tricky for you with the dogs. Had the same issues for many years.

Scottie
24th March 2009, 08:13 PM
S'ok Fi. I know travelling to runs is tricky for you with the dogs. Had the same issues for many years.

tell me about it:argh::argh:
:off topic:
and with four dogs I really starting to struggle to get on caravan sites never mind go on a mini run:off topic:

ianking
24th March 2009, 10:24 PM

Yeah I will try not to be upset at that comment either. How do you know if my run is good or not. You have never been to give it a try. Didnt your mother tell you to try something first then decide if you didnt like it. :D

Craig
24th March 2009, 10:40 PM
I am on holiday at the beginning of July so couldn't make the run Ian. Also, who would lead the run when you get lost ? ? ? :laugh::laugh:

Sep would be a good time.. :yes nod:

Bumble
25th March 2009, 06:23 PM
If I'm free I'm there!

N12 JLK
25th March 2009, 07:53 PM
I am afraid we will be in Canada:thumbs up:

badwolf340
25th March 2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah I will try not to be upset at that comment either. How do you know if my run is good or not. You have never been to give it a try. Didnt your mother tell you to try something first then decide if you didnt like it. :D
dont try to hard Ian,if people cant be nice why post.:hand:

Scottie
25th March 2009, 08:25 PM
dont try to hard Ian,if people cant be nice why post.:hand:

are you talking to me :p:hand::moonie:

badwolf340
25th March 2009, 08:50 PM
are you talking to me :p:hand::moonie:
trying to remember film/actor that said that one :p...........Travis Bickle(robert de niro) Taxi driver I think

D3 JDA
26th March 2009, 12:53 AM
Most dates would suit us ian as this was our first ever mini run last year and thought it was great.David & Fiona :thumbs up::clap: