PDA

View Full Version : Volume Fading on Standard CD Player

Ivano
24th March 2009, 09:45 AM
Was driving to work this morning with a CD on and the sound just completley disappeared. I left it a few moments and then switched it off for 5 Mins.. I turned it back on and tried turning the volume knob and i had some sound which gradually faded away to nothing within a couple of minutes. There was the same low/non existent volume levels in Radio mode aswell.

Does anyone know what this could be or experienced something similar??

I was already considering buying an Alpine CD Player in the next couple of months or so so i can't be bothered with any kind of expense in getting the standard unit repaired..

Saying that i don't want to buy an Alpine unit if the sound problem is still there . Could the sound problem be only linked to the CD unit itself instead of the Speaker system??

I guess i will just need to enjoy the lovely noise of the JCW Engine Sound Kit more while i don't seem to have a stereo ..

Any help would be much appreciated.....

GCA3N
24th March 2009, 10:31 AM
it was'nt on a mini, but a few years back I had this same fault. Prior to it happening I had been playing my stereo really loud for a couple of hours. It turns out I had blown the amplifier. I had to replace the stereo. I don't know if that is what has happened to yours but does sound bad. The only thing you could try is to remove the head unit and check that the rear plug is fully inserted (doubt it but worth a look) Hope you get it sorted. I can recommend a place in great western road for stereo's. I had mine from there and their service was excellent

Ivano
29th March 2009, 05:29 PM
Well had a look it problem this weekend and it turns out that the volume knob is broken. I worked with it a bit and have managed to set it at an acceptable volume...

I think i am going to save my pennies for an Alpine Head Unit and some Infinity Component Speakers in the doors instead of trying to get the existing standard unit repaired... I was always considering changing it, so this wee problem has prompted me more to Upgrade the Stereo sooner now...