PDA

View Full Version : hi all my name is carol

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 08:48 AM
i am just about to purchase a 54 plate mini cabrio, was wondering if anyone had problems with the power steering pump as ive heard they are prone to just seize up whilst driving. i had 2 test drives in it and i just love it so much but this was concerning me a bit, so any info on this would be appreciated and also any other info about a 54 cabrio would be great good points and bad thanks carol:smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
24th March 2009, 08:53 AM
Hi Carol and :welcome:
Are you buying from a MINI dealer or other?? if MINI then you'll get a cherished warranty for 1 year, if not, then ask firmly for a 1 year warranty :thumbs up:

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 09:04 AM
yeah buying it from a dealer although not a mini dealer and they want to charge me £300 for the warranty think thats a bit steep wot u think?:smilewinkgrin:

Ivano
24th March 2009, 09:37 AM
Hello and :welcome:

ianking
24th March 2009, 09:39 AM
I think £300 is a bit £ to be fair. Most independant dealers will give 3 months as standard so if you buy the year then you are saving them on the 3 months so aask them if they will split the cost of the warranty.

Whats the spec of the car, colour, pack etc.

Used to have a 54 plate convertible and it was fine, just not as good to drive as the hard top due to the extra weight in it. We never had any leaks but my mate had a very early 04 plate and his was like a swimming pool.

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 10:02 AM
hi, its a 54 1.6 red with chilli pack and i just love it first car i saw at the dealers and just wanted it after 2 test drives i was sold but im not gonna be ripped of far as the warranty concerned :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
24th March 2009, 10:10 AM
No way would i be paying extra for warranty :frown:
There's plenty cherished MINI's at the dealers, try our main sponsor John Clark's, or, Mark from Saltire Vehicles

m8cxc
24th March 2009, 10:12 AM
will be haggling for free 1yr warranty if he dont give me it he aint getting a sale simples :D

GCA3N
24th March 2009, 11:02 AM
The guys are right, this is a buyers market just now. You can get some amazing deals just now. To be honest i would go back and say I want a one year warranty thrown in free, yes free, If he argues walk away, I assure you he will chase after you. Dealers are crying out for buisiness just now and to be honest it is nice that the buyer has alot of power now. I just helped my mum get a new car a couple of months back. And the dealer had it for £9995. We got the book trade value for her car and he dropped the price of the car to £8995 and threw in a full 1 year warranty, full tank of petrol and 1 years road tax. Push the dealer as far as you can the tide will turn eventually so make the most now. Wecome to the site by the way and hope you eventually enjoy your car

audrey
25th March 2009, 12:41 AM
Hi Carol :thumbs up:

Chilli Red best mini colour IMO :yes nod:

Mini Ecosse
25th March 2009, 11:32 AM
Hi :welcome:

Crombers
25th March 2009, 12:16 PM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

As I know too well, the power steering pumps are a bit of an issue. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing when a pump is about to go so having a car in warranty is your best cover :thumbs up:

Hamish
25th March 2009, 01:21 PM
welcome to the site... hope ya enjoy your stay :D ... its a friendly site for sure.

Colin
25th March 2009, 03:46 PM
:welcome:

Bumble
25th March 2009, 06:19 PM
Hiya Carol and a big Bumble wave!

Duncan Stewart
27th March 2009, 09:44 PM
:welcome:

shaunbhoy67
1st April 2009, 03:12 PM
hey :welcome: