PDA

View Full Version : Dead mini on the road today... :-(

zimbo
21st March 2009, 07:33 PM
Yup I was on my way back from Kirkaldy this afternoon and there was a massive traffic jam heading towards the roundabout at Glenrothes & unfortunately for my poor wee eyes there was the remains of what used to be a silver R50/53 Cooper/S with private reg, which must have just burnt to the ground on the outside lane of the roundabout with its bonnet up, police everywhere and both male occupants just staring obviously in disbelief at what remains of the poor thing...

Just hope it wasn't anyone on here :frown:

GCA3N
21st March 2009, 07:50 PM
I have an R50 silver cooper with private reg,but it's not me. Could greet for those folk, the wife recons I would have been broken hearted. I don't know if i am the only sad 'B' out there but I could handle anything bad happening to my car. I have to say the mini is funny for that you become really attached. Does anyone else feel like that, or have I had one to many whiskeys......

Gismo
22nd March 2009, 06:31 AM
Used to happen a lot in the early days if my memory is correct :sad:

MrMischief
22nd March 2009, 09:26 PM
Car fires are the worst way to lose your pride & joy as they're seldom anything that can be salvaged from it. :frown:

Poor guys :sad:

Hopefully it was insured and they can get a shiny new one from it :yes nod:

Gaz-Muir
23rd March 2009, 03:02 PM
I seen the burn marks at the slip road on the queensway roundabout!? So it was a mini, not so good!! :sad:

What was the problem with them in the early days??