PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Stripes and decals

camjay
20th March 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi. Apologies if you've maybe answered this question before, but what's the best way to keep bonnet stripes and decals looking clean. I was terrible at looking after my last mini and I found that the stripes and decals got very shabby looking :frown: I've learned my lesson and this time, I'm trying my best to keep my car clean and fresh looking. Any tips? :thumbs up:

Ferengo
20th March 2009, 07:59 PM
Well I keep mine looking nice and clean by letting my co workers do hand break turns and hit my car, in turn needing a new paint job and thus new bonnet stripes :D. Possibly not the route for everyone though :p.

Answer, I'm not sure but I'd like to know to, over to someone with a sensible answer...

GCA3N
20th March 2009, 08:21 PM
They can scratch easily, so I guess it's just a case of making sure you wash them well, I have black stripes and they do get small scratches even if you are carefull.

audrey
20th March 2009, 11:59 PM
I was told when I got my roof decal done not to use polish on it :smilewinkgrin:

Fester
22nd March 2009, 09:10 PM
I've had no problems with mine and they get regular polishing and waxing, very much depends on the quality though.

niknax
23rd March 2009, 03:40 PM
when buying graphics, try and ask for them to be laminated, gives it a nice finish and it protects them too, but it will cost a bit more :smilewinkgrin:

nik

camjay
24th March 2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys. Will just have to do my best and be especially keen to keep my car clean :p. Cheers.

BigStuff
25th March 2009, 11:24 AM
I just use a quick detailer (Megs one) and microfibre to wipe my lack stripes at end of wash/dry process