PDA

View Full Version : spigot rings

colliz
20th March 2009, 06:50 PM
Hi, is there anyone here selling spigot rings for my new wheels or any info would be a big help as I am useless at things like this:confused:

GCA3N
20th March 2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry if this sounds daft, but what are you talking about, I thought I new a fair bit about minis but I obviously don't which bit is the spigot ring.:confused:

Scottie
20th March 2009, 07:10 PM
Sorry if this sounds daft, but what are you talking about, I thought I new a fair bit about minis but I obviously don't which bit is the spigot ring.:confused:

:frown::frown::frown:

it's the plastic ring that often gets supplied with aftermarket wheels. You fit them to the centre of the rear of the wheel the bit that fits on to the the centre bit of your hub that sticks out.

again from a Lady Mini Owner
:D

Scottie
20th March 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi, is there anyone here selling spigot rings for my new wheels or any info would be a big help as I am useless at things like this:confused:

if they are oem wheels then you don't need them and aftermarket if they are the exact same fitment as Mini oem i.e 4x100 with an offset of 48 then you should be ok.

GCA3N
20th March 2009, 07:21 PM
I understand:D

colliz
20th March 2009, 09:09 PM
I do not now what wheels they are (bigg wheels I think) and when I was fitting them the did not rest on the hub so hard to fit and when I went and got two new tyres on them today the fitter told me that they needed sprigots so went to halfords and they sell them for 20 quid but that for the sprigots plus all the bolt. they have to order them in and I was just chancing my luck to see if anyone on this site had them for sale without the bolts...:thumbs up:

Gismo
21st March 2009, 06:29 AM
Sounds like your buying spacers and bolts, what i think you need is the wee part that fits over the extended piece of the hub, as Fi said above, it's not very thick and simply slides on :blush: this centres the wheel when you put it on and takes up the tiny free play

Big Gordy
21st March 2009, 08:18 AM
Try Skidz in Falkirk:thumbs up:

colliz
23rd March 2009, 01:16 PM
Cheers, got the rings from autoparts in hamilton 4 for 8 quid, fitted already and it stops all the small shake it had at over 50... fabidoo...:D. I also feel much saferererer now if the wife is driving it alot..:lol: