PDA

View Full Version : What sort of price is this done at the dealers?

Stewart
19th March 2009, 09:18 PM
See when you ask for the Aero kit complete I take it that’s the front and rear bumpers, side skirts and black grill like this chappie ?

What sort of price is this done at the dealers?
Would i need to inform my insurance?

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=109583

I'm either going to get this or leave it for the next mini........such a great look from the Standard I have.

GCA3N
19th March 2009, 09:30 PM
I have found a few web sites doing the r50 aero kit for around the £600 mark. I don't think that the one for the r56 would be much different. (it would be front /rear bumpers side skirts and possibly grille (although most I have seen you did not get the grille included. (can pick these up though from £40-60) )As for fitting I think you would be looking at about 2 -3 hours garage time, so I am guessing you could get it fitted for around the £100-150 mark approx. I have not priced it, but i done the aero side skirts myself and it only took about 40 mins (and i am not a pro) As for telling your insurance then YES, you should tell them every single thing you do, right down to adding a graphic. Insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying out. If you have changed the car they want to know. I have spent loads of time telling my insurance about my different mods. It did not add a single penny to my insurance (even the small performance mods ie induction kit, exhaust etc) It did however restrict the ammount of companies that would insure me.

Smitty
19th March 2009, 09:40 PM
The Aero-Kit can also include the Aero spoiler - but I think this is an additional option you need to spec.

As for insurance....i'm not sure. Mine isn't registered as having a bodykit, but that's because it has been on it since it came out of the factory so don't feel the need to tell them!

GCA3N
19th March 2009, 09:51 PM
The Aero-Kit can also include the Aero spoiler - but I think this is an additional option you need to spec.

As for insurance....i'm not sure. Mine isn't registered as having a bodykit, but that's because it has been on it since it came out of the factory so don't feel the need to tell them!

I asked my insurance, they stated that anything that changes the appearance of your car, especially if it makes it more desirable to steal, then they have to know about it. Lets be honest is it worth while taking the chance.:rolleyes:

Stewart
19th March 2009, 10:18 PM
Out of interest who is your insurance. I’m with E-sure good enough price. They did annoy me on the change over, I actually had to say “you know people buy cars” as they seemed to have an arse of a system…

Phoned basically to say buying a new car and the price is XXXX and got no sir the price is XXXX about £100 more. I said I just checked it online “ah that’s or online price to new policies”

So what you’re saying is that after five years with them they wanted to give new customers a better price….Sorted that to match it as I was simply leaving….Then cheeky they said “Oh there is a fee for cancelling your policy”

I Said “What cancelling you’ve matched your own price off the net and I’ve accepted”

“Oh we have to start a new policy you can’t just change policy over and therefore you have cancelled early and a fee.”

Again back on to the Manager

“Fee wavered”

Honestly you’d think it would be simple to do and an expected thing as we do buy cars……….nearly eighteen years driving without a claim or points

Back on thread,

If it was about £800 it would basically change the whole look of the car, always did like those black grille's and side skirts, I think they beef the whole look of the car........

Always love those threads that show a standard car and before you know it the whole look of the car has changed to the extent you’d think it was two different cars.

GCA3N
19th March 2009, 11:04 PM
Your right about the kit it makes a massive difference to the whole look of the car. I have started with the sides (because i think that is the biggest difference ) and will move on the the rear and front bumpers (done the grille already) My insurance is Kwik fIt. Have to say I have had mostly pleasant dealings with them, I have never had to make a claim yet, but they have been good so far.

Crombers
19th March 2009, 11:40 PM

The Aero kit does include the spoiler as I had mine fitted after purchase & would you believe it the dealer (no name given) forgot to fit the spoiler :moonie:

As for insurance I'd go back to them on that one as I was with Budget before the Aerokit was fitted & I was told NOPE no can do (even argued the fact it was a BMW/MINI factory option, to no avail). As it happened my switch to Adrian Flux actually saved me money :yes nod:

Stewart
20th March 2009, 01:57 AM
:thumbs up:It’s the one part of my cooper I’d never change I love my wee Cooper rear spoiler.

£1020 all in, the Aero fitted.