PDA

View Full Version : Found this just for you AndyP...

zimbo
19th March 2009, 11:40 AM
:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-NIKON-D3X-DIGITAL-SLR-CAMERA_W0QQitemZ160321808882QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash =item160321808882&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw this... :thud:

Gismo
19th March 2009, 11:45 AM
Pfft, peanuts to the likes of this movie mogul :rolleyes:

john
19th March 2009, 12:14 PM

you have thrown out better;)

Crombers
19th March 2009, 12:21 PM

Like it :laugh:

Scottie
19th March 2009, 08:33 PM

:hand::laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2009, 01:35 AM

Totally agree.

Don't like Nikon's. I'm a Canon man.:thumbs up:

A.:D

zimbo
20th March 2009, 09:39 AM
Don't like Nikon's. I'm a Canon man.:thumbs up:

So your a Canon man... I have always liked the look of the Nikons and some of the Canons I always thought there wasn't much between them 'To use wise' :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2009, 10:35 AM
To be honest, Alistair, I'm a Canon man really just because I've always had a Canon.

I used to have a Pentax K1000 - fully manual thing, 35mm and manual exposure controls. Taught me a lot about photography, and made you think a hell of a lot more about exposure than you need to do now. Although now you really need to think more about white balance and so on. And I suppose for a really great pic, I still use full manual for a lot of my static shots. In fact at one of the tracknights last year my Canon was making such an arse of any auto settings, I had to use full manual for that too - fading light.:frown:

I traded that Pentax (big mistake) for my first 35mm Canon. An EOS 500N. Since then I've built up a range of 6 canon lenses and accessories and it would be far too expensive to change to Pentax or Nikon or anything like that.

Also, a couple of years ago Lenore's Mum wanted more control out of her photography, so I suggested she bought a canon 450D. She preferred the feel of the Nikon equivalent so that's what she bought. I hated it. Much preferred my trusty canon.:thumbs up:

zimbo
20th March 2009, 02:18 PM
Mmmm well my 1st ever venture into SLR territory was a 35mm Minolta DYNAX 500si which was awesome and I bought a big lense to go with it because I was going back home on holiday to Africa and wanted to get decent photos of the wildlife in the bush but would need to obviously zoom in to do that. Still have it and the lense is somewhere also, dont think I will ever get rid of it, one of these I will keep it forever things :D got a nice bag with it as well.

I have been wanting a DIGITAL SLR for a long long time now. But as Im sure I mentioned on here in 2007 I went on holiday to Florida for my 1st trip there and decided I was going to get one there coz it should be cheaper blah blah anyway went into this camera shop on International drive to have a look at Nikon D80 I think it was, right price etc then the salesman says have you thought about a Fuji like this one its the same price plus it has the extra zoom capacity already as standard which you would need to pay extra for as a different lense on the Nikon, so me being a mug said yeah ok got a free battery charger kit and something else (cant remember what it was now) so was quite happy with the camera for the rest of my holiday and so on, until I got home and found out he had charged me double what the camera actually costs!!! I was :ragin: even sent an email to Fuji USA telling them what happened and have never heard a peep back...

So lesson learnt. Next time I will get what I research 1st i.e a Canon or Nikon of some sort and hopefully I'll also be able to use my (sigma) extra zoom lense from the 35mm on the DSLR once I get one... :thumbs up:

GCA3N
20th March 2009, 04:34 PM
Got to say i am a canon man myself. I have had my 350D now for over 2 years, It was a good camera back then and still is to be honest. I have the standard 18 - 55mm lense, but bought a 75-300 shortly after. I think it is just personal choice when it comes to canon and nikon, both make great cameras. I guess it is like the age old porsche / ferrari argument.

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2009, 07:59 PM
Got to say i am a canon man myself. I have had my 350D now for over 2 years, It was a good camera back then and still is to be honest. I have the standard 18 - 55mm lense, but bought a 75-300 shortly after. I think it is just personal choice when it comes to canon and nikon, both make great cameras. I guess it is like the age old porsche / ferrari argument.

You're spot on with that Greig. It's what you make of the camera that matters. I doub't there's anything at all between Nikon and Canon results - wise.

I've just upgraded from my 350D to a 50D. Loving the bigger size for my big hands. As for lenses; I have my trusty EFS 18-55 (came with the 350D and still a cracking lens), EF 28-300IS L and my even newer toy EF 50mm f1.4.

A.

Scottie
20th March 2009, 09:10 PM
reading the practical photography magazine they say that at the moment Nikon are just ahead of Canon :Whistle: although I am certain others would disagree.:D

For Nikon users I would suggest to get the best from your camera

We got the digital field photography book by J. Dennis Thomas for the Nikon D300 excellent book for getting to know your the camera inside out .

another is the Magic Lantern Guide by Simon Stafford another great good book for learning about the Nikon Cameras. You really need to know your camera to get the best out of it and these books give you so many tips they are a must have we didn't know half the things about our D300 until we got these books.

Gismo
21st March 2009, 06:23 AM
I use an Olympus E510, and contrary to popular belief, i do not throw out expensive camera equipment :ragin:
Anyways, this is the first real camera i've ever owned, all the others being point and clcik and to be honest, it shows, i really don't know the correct way to use it.
I fumble about at times trying the various settings from auto to anything that gives a decent picture, to me.
I really need some coaching and advice when taking the pictures.

Often, i can't get a decent picture of my car, being all black against even a slightly nice day the wheels are usually too dark to make out the detail.
It's all in the settings, i think it's the white balance, but, have nae idea how to change the manual settings :blush:

Fi, do you happen to know who wrote a book baout the Olympus