PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Gear Mini Special

Heather
26th April 2004, 06:09 AM
Just caught a fleeting advert for this on C5. Appears that they are dedicating monday nights(26/4/04) prog to minis new and old. May be worth a watch.:D

Mini Martyn
26th April 2004, 06:23 AM
Yip i saw the advert for it too, think it will be a must watch.

monkimagic
26th April 2004, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Yip i saw the advert for it too, think it will be a must watch.

It was in the Times as a must see, or something on channel 5 was anyway, which must be a first for channel 58)8)

GAJ
26th April 2004, 08:48 PM
Pick of the day in The Guardian too. Mentions a 400bhp beast from Huddersfield.

Mini Martyn
27th April 2004, 06:32 AM
I missed this tonight was it any good and is it worth watching on Wednesday when its back on?

Heather
27th April 2004, 07:25 AM
it was ok. probally just over half dedicated to classic minis. No MINIs though. There was a chance to win a classic which may float your boat. Not sure what i thought of the 300bhp one, looked a bit shoogly!:D

Willie M
27th April 2004, 03:33 PM
Caught a very quick glimpse of a Zeemaxed MINI and (I think) the gold thing that was featured in Go Mini. Other than that it was entirely classic Mini. Some real beauties there though, a fair bit of the feature was from Mini 45 at Sandown Park (didn't see Seany & Una though).

Linda phoned up for the competition so, fingers crossed for an absolutely cracking original Mini Cooper arriving through the letterbox soon :)

Oh, and for those of you who may be interested :clown: You did get to see Vicki Butler Henderson in a mini (skirt) ;):D

seany
27th April 2004, 09:52 PM
was there willie, at sandown, was working last night but got it taped.

lightbody
28th April 2004, 03:35 AM
What a terrible programme!

I don't mind it ignoring the new MINI (its only 3 after all, not 45...) but the people and cars they showed were not representative of the mini-scene and the competition to win a Classic Mini on a £1 phone/text was just profiteering.

Poor show, channel 5!

ny152
28th April 2004, 04:55 PM
Got to agree with Lightbody. I was looking forward to seeing all types of my favourite motor, not just classics. It was still okay, but could have been soooo much better.

Julz, I think you should contact them and they can do a whole show on your MINI to make up for it!

ScottishCooper
30th April 2004, 09:41 PM
I missed it, but with the sound of it, I didnt miss much. I am of the same opinion, love the old mini too but would like to see a prog about the new one