PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Nightmare

YngStvn
18th March 2009, 07:08 PM
Another Clutch problem for you guys.

Last year i bought my Mini from Arnold Clark, and when i picked it up i had a scraping noise. Resulting in my car needing a new Clutch and Gear box. At this time my car had done 43k. Over the past few months my cars biting point was getting higher and higher, then shuddering on take of. Eventually leading me to break down at the side of the road. So i got my car taken to Arnold Clark, who are thinking it is worn, bearing in mind a new clutch was put in at 43k and now my car has done 53k. So they now have to investigate to see if it has been caused by my driving, or by a faulty part.

What you guys think?

lowrider
18th March 2009, 08:26 PM
Some large used car garages can be slippery. If you are in the AA/RAC you can get an engineers report at a discounted rate(I think they still offer this). This results in a no b/s report which will let you know what the fault is/ how it occurred.I opted for (AA breakdown insurance cover. Which covers me for parts and labour after a breakdown)Useless to you just now but think about it for the future.
A friend of mine took their car back to large used car garage with a fault. After collecting the car she drove for about a few miles and the engine seized. Someone forgot to replace the sump plug and oil! After a long legal wrangle she got a replacement engine. Don't always take their word for it. After all they want to make money not give it away!:thumbs up:Good luck