PDA

View Full Version : R50 Exhaust

Bumble
18th March 2009, 07:05 PM
Okay - it's finally time to replace the exhaust on my 04 pre facelift Cooper. But as a lass that used to take her old corsa to kwik-fit to have whatever they had in stock put on it I'm looking for a help;

Any suggestions? Like the sound of the playmini so I'm almost sold.
Where is best to order from?
Can someone check that I order the right bit!
Fitting in West Lothian or not too far from it?

L

Crombers
19th March 2009, 12:04 AM
Order direct from P&L (Playmini)

Go for the Slashcut along with the unsilenced link pipe

Any local garage will be able to fit, no probs whatsoever :thumbs up:

RyanK
19th March 2009, 12:18 AM
Milltek is also a good choice! Although the same story for Play mini, both are really good:thumbs up:

Heres the Milltek on my car + me being a chav.:lol:

GPeJeiZIAI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPeJeiZIAI4

P.S you tube embedding aint working!

Edit from TGM: Youtube embedding is working :Whistle:

ELFMAN
19th March 2009, 04:45 PM
It's the 'Rumble in the Bumble'!!!! Gawn yersel' lynne!

zimbo
19th March 2009, 04:54 PM
Playmini all the way... :thumbs up: I miss mine :frown:

Big Gordy
19th March 2009, 04:57 PM
It's doing just fine Ali:thumbs up:

Burple
19th March 2009, 05:22 PM
Exactly what Crombers says..
Slash cut, single box Playmini all the way!! :thumbs up::thumbs up:
qmkmLPJfjLE

Remember the sound of mine from the Borders run last year?
You can order them directly from Playmini too. As I said in the other thread last week, 60K plus miles on mine now since 2003, it's been on 2 cars and is still shiny. The only thing gone wrong with it is the mild steel clamp that hold the two pipes together rotted away through old age and had to be replaced! ..And that was only last year. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
19th March 2009, 08:16 PM
Lynn,

as all others have said, just go for the playmini. I bought from P & L Mini in Rotherham and they delivered next day. Very Helpful. Expect to pay about £250 delivered.

Any local garage should be able to fit it for you and expect about £20 to £40 for fitting depending on how much of a shark they are.. :thumbs up: I could do it for you if I had access to a ramp at work, but they stopped that.. it's only about 8 bolts and an exhaust hanger.. :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
19th March 2009, 10:42 PM
Ross and I fitted ours in the drive with just a couple of those metal car ramps:thumbs up: Only took about half an hour:yes nod:

Bumble
20th March 2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys! and the the offers of help to fit ect .... going to speak to a garage that's done work for me in the past in the morning about getting it delivered and fitted there (I've no space in the house for it!). All excited!

GCA3N
20th March 2009, 07:28 PM
I have a custom built one from a local place, but one of my favorite mods. I think it sounds really great. Just another wee mod you can do, won't cost much and along with your new exhaust will sound amazing. What I am talking about is an induction kit. apart from the fact you don't need to replace your air filter again it makes the car sound even better and will slightly increase performance. You can pick up a K&N 57i for around £120. It takes about 30mins to fit. I am sure the guys on here can help with that, I would offer but I am on the west coast, unless you fancied a day out.:thumbs up:

Bumble
20th March 2009, 07:44 PM
funny enought I've just been looking at them too ...

lowrider
20th March 2009, 08:18 PM
me three :thumbs up:

GCA3N
20th March 2009, 08:43 PM
very worthwhile easy mod.