PDA

View Full Version : ECU problems

GCA3N
18th March 2009, 05:43 PM
Hi guys, wanted to ask everyones advice, I had my car in for a fault today. basically they diagnosed it as a faulty injector. However the fault was intermitant so they were not 100%. when i picked the car up they said the fault had come back whilst they were testing again. They replaced the injector, but said when they checked the ECU and it was not sending a signal to the injector to operate. I have booked it into my local bmw dealership for a full diagnostic. They need the car for the day as the fault is not happening just now. They quoted me £750 for an ECU :eek::eek::argh:replacement. Just need some good advice now as i am pretty upset. Also has anybody had anything similar, the guy at BMW says that in 7-8 years BMW have only replaced 28 units, EVER!

Stewart
18th March 2009, 05:55 PM
Did they charge you for the injector? Hope not….Sorry your having problems with the car. Hope they take the car in and find its not so costly a fix.:sad:

GCA3N
18th March 2009, 06:10 PM
Did they charge you for the injector? Hope not….Sorry your having problems with the car. Hope they take the car in and find its not so costly a fix.:sad:

They said that they spent 5 hours on the car to id the problem, at which i should have paid 250 quid, they said i did not have to pay that, but they did make me pay for the injector as they could not send that back, £78. :argh: