PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here!

Ricco
25th April 2004, 05:55 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie here. Got my MCS on March 1st and been back in Aberdeen with him for a little over a month now.

Already got one or two mods done and the plan is to take him to BBR for the 220 conversion plus have my Miltek Manifold fitted :D

See HERE (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_10709.html) for pics of my previous car and my new Mini :)

Are there any meets in or near Aberdeen in the near future?

Cheers,
Richard.

Julz
25th April 2004, 06:24 AM
Welcome aboard!! Firstly, good choice on the BBR conversion, I have the 220 with the sports cam upgrade and our very own Bonnie Scotland has the 240 conversion!! If you phone up to book, a bit of name dropping will do no harm!!;)
As for meets, we have a few runs planned in the future, check out our meets section for any info and I'm sure some of our increasing Aberdeen mafia will be along at some point (once they've all sobered up):clown:

Ricco
25th April 2004, 06:32 AM
Cheers Julz, just a question of when i next go home so i can get booked in for the conversion...

I think i've spoken to you before on Mini2 and I've deffo spoken to Alan, i got my car booked in for the arches to be colour coded at the same place as he had his done in Montrose, hopefully will get done in a couple of weeks.

I've already got the windows tinted, K&N 57i, Jetex Quad exhaust, Clear rear clusters, Stubby ariel, Panasonic Head Unit with 2 Kenwood amps, Kenwood comps and 6x9's and a 10" PG Sub in custom box. Getting some Eibach's on the Mini2 Group buy and my Miltek Manifold should be here next week :D:D

Sh1t, i've spent a fortune already and the car isn't even 2 months old!!

Do you know Margret from Aberdeen? she knows Alan, she has a PS cooper with checks and nudge bar and stuff...

Cheers,
Richard.

Julz
25th April 2004, 07:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Ricco
Do you know Margret from Aberdeen? she knows Alan, she has a PS cooper with checks and nudge bar and stuff...

I don't think I know her!! As for spending a fortune, don't worry, it comes with the territory of owning a mini!!;):D

john
25th April 2004, 08:14 AM
I know Margret,I fitted the bars for her:blackeye:

Ricco
25th April 2004, 09:35 AM
You must be John Barry then? She speaks very highly of you!!

Gismo
25th April 2004, 06:01 PM
Hi Ricco, moved this post to the correct forum, glad to have helped in the past and hope all goes well with your mods, especially the paint job, are you having the arches done off the car??

miniFEF
25th April 2004, 07:23 PM
hey there welcome 2 the site! im from aberdeen 2 so il prob see you around!

Ricco
25th April 2004, 07:24 PM
Nah, when i phoned up he said that he would just leave them on.... should i insist he takes them off do you think?

Cheers,
Richard.

Gismo
26th April 2004, 02:42 AM
Given the choice i would insist on the arches being removed, you will have to provide new clips as they break but, he is very busy and may just say, if you want them done then they stay on the car :p

Ricco
26th April 2004, 03:38 AM
So are you not happy with yours Alan? If it is really that bad then i may have to reconsider...

Mini Martyn
26th April 2004, 04:10 AM
Hello Ricco welcome to the house of Spending Money!!

Hope to see you at a run soon?!! :D

Ricco
26th April 2004, 06:06 AM
Hehe, I know all about spending money on cars... See my pics above of my modified Impreza Turbo!

Mini Martyn
26th April 2004, 06:22 AM

Hehe, I know all about spending money on cars... See my pics above of my modified Impreza Turbo!

Yeh ahd a wee look earlier, nice, what made you get rid of it?

Ricco
26th April 2004, 06:34 AM
Too many of them going around in Aberdeen now.... Plus many other reasons, it was getting to be high mileage, old, due a big service, tax and MOT was due.... and I'd had it for three years!!

I still miss the noise though, the Scoob had a full Blitz exhaust so it was nice and loud!

Willie M
26th April 2004, 03:48 PM
Welcome to NMS Ricco :cool:

Duncan Stewart
26th April 2004, 05:22 PM
Hi Ricco. Welcome to NMS

Gismo
26th April 2004, 05:51 PM
So are you not happy with yours Alan? If it is really that bad then i may have to reconsider...
Very happy with the job, i would just prefer it to be done off the car, no chance of overspray etc, not saying he don't do a good job, but, accidents do happen, if your happy enough then don't worry :)

seany
26th April 2004, 09:58 PM
hi there, welcome to nms m8.

Ricco
27th April 2004, 01:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Very happy with the job, i would just prefer it to be done off the car, no chance of overspray etc, not saying he don't do a good job, but, accidents do happen, if your happy enough then don't worry :)

But there is no overspray on your car though right?

Gismo
27th April 2004, 01:44 AM
But there is no overspray on your car though right?.No overspray, nice job and well done, no problems, very happy, highly recommended etc 8):I

monkimagic
28th April 2004, 01:31 AM
Hi Ricco, hope to see a MINI run for the july ( red arrows ) but will post nearer the time or maybe some one else will, good to have you on board,

Who does the MINI compare to the Impreza ?

Monki

Ricco
28th April 2004, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Hi Ricco, hope to see a MINI run for the july ( red arrows ) but will post nearer the time or maybe some one else will, good to have you on board,

Who does the MINI compare to the Impreza ?

Monki

Cheers Monki, Scoob was marginally quicker then the Mini, biggest prob with the Mini is getting traction off the line, although that also doubles as a good thing when you want to do a big wheelie spin ;)

Mini also has loads more front end grip the the Subaru, gives you more confidence going into a bend especially in the wet.. Don't get me wrong, if you go too fast, the Mini has plenty of understeer but just not as much as the Scoob.

I like the gadgets that I've got in my Mini too but i do really miss the noise that my Scoob made (had a full Blitz exhuast!).

Cheers,
Richard.

AberdeenMini
30th April 2004, 05:11 PM
Hello :)