PDA

View Full Version : Official info on facelifted MINI...

KenL
24th April 2004, 05:10 AM
...is available at:

http://www.mini2.com/news/news229.html

Anyone who's always wanted an EB ONE/COOPER can now get one.

Prices increase by 2.5%.

Slight increase in performance for all models due to gearing and 7BHP increase for Cooper S

AberdeenMini
25th April 2004, 05:19 AM
Not too much of a change, which is good! Dont want an old looking car already! :)

Duncan Stewart
26th April 2004, 04:25 AM
I like the sound of the interior improvements. Not sure about lowering the front bumper! I've already grounded the bottom of mine a few times on rough laybys, etc.

Wul
26th April 2004, 03:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I like the sound of the interior improvements. Not sure about lowering the front bumper! I've already grounded the bottom of mine a few times on rough laybys, etc.

And what sir are you doing in "rough laybys"?:p;):I

Julz
26th April 2004, 04:06 PM

I've already grounded the bottom of mine a few times on rough laybys, etc.

You think you've got it tough!!;):D Mine grounds on a dead ant!!:eek::p

Duncan Stewart
26th April 2004, 05:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
And what sir are you doing in "rough laybys"?:p;):I

Now that would be telling! :eek:;)

monkimagic
28th April 2004, 01:25 AM
How cool, I thought this was gonna take longer and we hope to change out MINI in sept, looks like it could be an EB cooper

Monki

lightbody
28th April 2004, 03:43 AM
New Bumpers - don't like them - i prefer my "Mini-esque" chrome "bumpers".
Simpler Grille - Good idea.

Map lights replacing clock - bad idea. The current map lights work fine and shine in the back too which is handy, and i like my clock in the roof!! Its big and everyone can see it!

Lower gear ratios - good idea - car doesn't feel "nippy" enough and this will help.

New headlights and taillights - why? They look like the sort of lights Neds fit to Corsas.

Bigger door bins - about time!

Bigger rearview mirror - why? Mines fine.

Power-fold mirrors - about time!

Extra side-visor - why? - How about making the FRONT ones work right first!!

Puddle lights - oh yeah, i've always thought my MINI really needed these - NOT!

More Torque - about time.

New gearbox - why? Mine is a pure delight to use.

"Chrono package" - why? This isnt Mini-like at all.

MP3-compatible CD player - about time! I might even retro-fit this.

More side-support on the seats - good - but have they fixed all the other problems with them!?

I have more thoughts, but I'll stop now.

- Rob (Keeping his 2001 MINI!)

Crombers
6th May 2004, 06:41 PM
Big dilema..... Do I go for delivery 11/6 (Cooper Chilli 17's) as planned or wait out until late August for revised model (Henry Bros say I have the option). Kinda prefer the looks of the original but worried about residuals later on.
What does one do ?

s2mpf
7th May 2004, 03:31 AM
Get what you want, I dont think the long term value will change much.I have ordered a replacment "S" and hope to get it in late June the last of the original model!.:D

donniem
13th May 2004, 03:43 AM
Cooper no longer avaiable as solid colour,personally I believe cooper with chrome will become collectors items.

phantom
13th May 2004, 03:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by donniem

Cooper no longer avaiable as solid colour,personally I believe cooper with chrome will become collectors items.

Please tell me chilli red is not going, My dream of a Cooper S with full body kit and Cooper works pack, ie, the one at Fintray, I CANT HAVE IT, AAAAAH!!!:evil:

Duncan Stewart
13th May 2004, 04:31 PM

Cooper no longer avaiable as solid colour
Eh? do you mean no solid paint colours will be available on the Cooper? - that would really limit the colour choices

KenL
14th May 2004, 04:12 PM

Cooper no longer avaiable as solid colour
Eh? do you mean no solid paint colours will be available on the Cooper? - that would really limit the colour choices

Nah, that's not true :p

Sheilz
1st August 2004, 01:43 AM
hi there, the long list of changes mentioned above, are these for the mc or mcs. i saw a mini one in eb yesterday, it was beautiful. I get an eb mc a week today. i know its the facelift version but thought it was just the bumpers that were going to be different. I cant say that I thought they were any better looking than the ones I've got but I didn't get an option on this.
:D:D:D

X30YES
2nd August 2004, 05:49 AM
I think the leather and cloth options are also a bit different , with the reverse light replacement - to the rear light cluster (each side) and the rear fog is now above the exhaust .