PDA

View Full Version : ok who wants to help me clean my mini

stoney
15th March 2009, 12:41 PM
ok as most of you know i am one of the manky minis from the web site i beleave that your car is for driving not washing :cool::D

but i realy want to give my mini a good clean and make it all shiny again :shut up:

so i was wondering if any of you clean mad peps :bigwave: would like to help me do this as i am no good at it :argh:

or just give me some good info on what to do and how to get years of brake dust off my alloys :yes nod:

thanx stoney

p.s thinking of doing this this 27/28 march :thumbs up:

Forbes
15th March 2009, 01:09 PM
You will need to do it all properly otherwise you will have one very scratched car with all the dirt.

ianking
16th March 2009, 09:30 AM
I will help you if you want to bring it to mine.
Cant do that weekend though but give me a phone.

Gismo
16th March 2009, 09:50 AM
I'll help, i'll even bring my own morning dew and brillo pad :Whistle:

stoney
16th March 2009, 04:01 PM
I'll help, i'll even bring my own morning dew and brillo pad :Whistle:

:p:lol:

stoney
16th March 2009, 04:02 PM
I will help you if you want to bring it to mine.
Cant do that weekend though but give me a phone.

i will bring it to you know prob will give you a phone some point as going to the RR this weekend :thumbs up:

nnzander
16th March 2009, 04:31 PM
Stoney

Hannas car wash in glasgow behind victoria rd £4.00 what a wash there are about 12 people working on the site you drive in wet the car and they direct you forward soap sponge wash rinse wheel clean. Alloys will be cleaned with spray and rest assured they can clean cars.
Ps they are open 24hrs a day yes 24hrs they dont shut.

Take the car along you will not be disapointed.

Should you need direction give me a shout

ianking
16th March 2009, 04:35 PM
Stoney
I wouldnt take your car to any of these drive in car wash places unless you want lots of swirls all over your paint.

£4 is a false economy. I have machine polished so many cars now after folks have taken their cars to these kind of places.

Smitty
16th March 2009, 05:17 PM
Hannas car wash in glasgow behind victoria rd £4.00 what a wash there are about 12 people working on the site you drive in wet the car and they direct you forward soap sponge wash rinse wheel clean. Alloys will be cleaned with spray and rest assured they can clean cars.

Arggghhhh......already having nightmares of such a place :eek:

May aswell just hand them the fairy washing up liquid and brillo pads!! :p ;)

Crombers, Gismo....you should pay this place a visit. :D

nnzander
16th March 2009, 07:18 PM
Its a hand car wash for those of you who dont know Glasgow

And they dont leave swirls as their hands dont spin in 360 degrees

But it has been known for their heads to spin ??????

ianking
16th March 2009, 07:42 PM
Its a hand car wash for those of you who dont know Glasgow

And they dont leave swirls as their hands dont spin in 360 degrees

But it has been known for their heads to spin ??????

I can assure you that if they are washing with sponges that they will be leaving light swirl marks. Just look at your car under a street light when its clean and dry.

The sponges will be put back into a communal bucket that is prob had about 10 cars worth of use before change.

stoney
17th March 2009, 09:07 AM
i will not be going to a car wash place tat is for shure ian i will phone you in the next few days so we can arrange :thumbs up:

ianking
17th March 2009, 09:14 AM
i will not be going to a car wash place tat is for shure ian i will phone you in the next few days so we can arrange :thumbs up:

No worries Robert.

Crombers
17th March 2009, 09:41 AM
The sponges will be put back into a communal bucket that is prob had about 10 cars worth of use before change.

10's OK though ;)

Over 15 & even I would get jumpy :eek:

Up to 20 & even The Boss would walk :thumbs up: