PDA

View Full Version : Paint Stick

audrey
13th March 2009, 11:34 AM
Hi Guys

Any advice on using a paint stick. Got one a while back for a few wee scratches and paint chips but a bit scared to use it.

Big Gordy
13th March 2009, 11:48 AM
Best tip I got about these was don't use the brush that it comes with:eek: get yourself a small artists brush that way you don't end up with a big dollop of paint in the chip:smilewinkgrin: Another tip is to put the paint stick in you pocket for 10mins before you use it as it bring the temp of the paint up a bit.Ohh and give the container a good shake before use:thumbs up: Nothing else to it Audrey:yes nod:

audrey
13th March 2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks Gordy :thumbs up: Thats what I was worried about getting paint all over the car :D

Big Gordy
13th March 2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks Gordy :thumbs up:
Your welcome:smilewinkgrin:

Thats what I was worried about getting paint all over the car :D
The brush that's in the cap is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge considering its for touching up small stone chips:frown:

Crombers
13th March 2009, 01:06 PM
I'm sure if you brought your stick & 'artist' brush to one of the warmer meets, one of the chap/chapesses would have a wee look at it for you.

audrey
13th March 2009, 11:47 PM
I'm sure if you brought your stick & 'artist' brush to one of the warmer meets, one of the chap/chapesses would have a wee look at it for you.

If the weather ever improves gonna give it a go :smilewinkgrin: see how I get on

Hoping to get on a run/meet soon will be nice to meet you all :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
14th March 2009, 11:19 AM
What Gordy said...:thumbs up:

I would also use a c*cktail stick to apply the paint, rather than any brush. Just snap the pointy end off and use the flat surface that's left. And you can snap it off whatever length down the pointy bit you want, to leave just the right sized flat head. I usually snap it off about half way down.

Warming the paint in your pocket for half an hour and lots of shaking are also good tips, like Gordy says.

Much better to put 4 coats of tiny amounts of paint on, than a big blotch in one go.

A.:D

Big Gordy
14th March 2009, 02:02 PM
paint in your pocket for half an hour and lots of shaking
Don't shake the paint while it's still in you pocket or you will get some very strange looks I can tell you:eek::Whistle::smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
14th March 2009, 02:34 PM
Don't shake the paint while it's still in you pocket or you will get some very strange looks I can tell you:eek::Whistle::smilewinkgrin:

LOL. Do you speak from experience Gordy?

audrey
15th March 2009, 12:19 AM
What Gordy said...:thumbs up:

I would also use a c*cktail stick to apply the paint, rather than any brush. Just snap the pointy end off and use the flat surface that's left. And you can snap it off whatever length down the pointy bit you want, to leave just the right sized flat head. I usually snap it off about half way down.

Warming the paint in your pocket for half an hour and lots of shaking are also good tips, like Gordy says.

Much better to put 4 coats of tiny amounts of paint on, than a big blotch in one go.

Thanks for the advice :thumbs up: Give it a try sometime this week will post up how I get on

audrey
15th March 2009, 12:20 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: