PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs

Mini Martyn
24th April 2004, 12:24 AM
I have been wanting to do this for a while and as the summer is coming round i thought i would go for it, but i dont want to make the ride quality any worse just lower the car. Has any one got an idea as to what springs to use as i dont want to have to buy the whole new shocks etc.

Thanks for everybodys help. :)

AberdeenMini
25th April 2004, 05:09 AM
I found that Koni springs are probably the best if your not intending to go for shocks as well. I've had them on 2 cars, just the springs and no shock absorbers, and can honestly say that the ride quality is similar to standard. Saying that it was only 35mm both times, not too much of a drop.

Gismo
26th April 2004, 07:41 PM
If you lower the car at all the ride quality will be compromised, it will be harsher, by how much will be trial and error

Mini Martyn
26th April 2004, 08:55 PM
Hmm what would you sugest Allan? Have you replaced the shocks and springs or just the srpings? What about H&R springs?

Gismo
26th April 2004, 11:26 PM
I only did the springs, but then i also have 18" alloys, SS+ (with Cooper S) and it's plenty harsh, not for the faint hearted and often take off in the many dips in the road, depends what you'll accept, it's not always fun :evil: especially when transporting work colleagues etc

Fontal
7th May 2004, 07:00 PM
So what is the general opinion here what are the best springs to go for:question:
And for those of you that have told the insurance companies how much did it effect your premium:question:

Cheers Richard