PDA

View Full Version : r50 Backbox

lowrider
12th March 2009, 07:14 PM
I will need to replace my exhaust soon (the first skin is starting to hang off!)
I am looking for OE but may consider an aftermarket if the price is right!
Must fit a 2002 Cooper

Anyone selling(getting rid of) let me know.

:thumbs up:Ag.

Hamish
12th March 2009, 07:51 PM
damn, i just threw my exhaust away! sorry.

Craig
12th March 2009, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't worry about the outer skin coming off your exhaust... it is normal and it has another one. Only worry about changing it if your worried about looks. :yes nod:

If changing I would go for a Playmini slash cut exhaust with unsilenced front pipe. It sounds great and as it is Stainless steel, lasts for years and years.. My old one is still on Gaj's car and Burple has had his for a good few years and miles :thumbs up: Expect to pay about £250 delivered to your door for front pipe (from cat back) and the back box. :smilewinkgrin:

as for a K & N... I have that on mine and love it... just make sure you get some cold air to it... :yes nod::yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
12th March 2009, 09:16 PM
Like Craig says... Play MINI is the way to go for your exhaust, when the time comes to change it.:thumbs up:

A.:D

lowrider
13th March 2009, 12:32 AM
I only want to fit an exhaust that rumbles and not roars (those days are gone for me!) Is the play subtle?

Crombers
13th March 2009, 12:48 PM
I only want to fit an exhaust that rumbles and not roars (those days are gone for me!) Is the play subtle?

IMHO the Playmini makes the MINI sound the way it should have been coming out of Oxford (under 3500 rpm anyway). From 3500/4000 rpm upwards & the exaust comes to life with what I would call a 'sporting rasp' (nothing like the Corsa, Clio brigade :shut up:).

Best thing to do is to come along to one of the next gatherings & see/hear for yourself from of of our cars :yes nod:

Burple
13th March 2009, 02:09 PM
60K+ miles, it's been on 2 cars, and still shiny! :cool::cool::thumbs up::thumbs up:
Can't recommend one of these enough!!
It's subtle around town, and nice and fruity when you give it some beans! :thumbs up:

qmkmLPJfjLE

Crombers
14th March 2009, 03:20 PM
60K+ miles, it's been on 2 cars, and still shiny! :cool::cool::thumbs up::thumbs up:
Can't recommend one of these enough!!
It's subtle around town, and nice and fruity when you give it some beans! :thumbs up:

:yes nod: the best mod you can do with yer MINI :thumbs up:

lowrider
8th May 2009, 05:25 PM
Anybody ?

Forbes
8th May 2009, 05:37 PM
Here (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/88-sale/2395-06-cooper-exhaust.html)
This might be of use, don't know where it is though

GAJ
8th May 2009, 09:25 PM
Anybody ?
I've got a slashcut Playmini and unsilenced frontpipe I could sell. It's been on a car, not sure how long for but it's in pretty much perfect nick. Baz should be able to tell you how old it is - it was his I think!

These cost about £250 new direct from Playmini i'd take half for it. PM if you want it, you would have to collect from Edinburgh.

Craig
8th May 2009, 10:04 PM
I've got a slashcut Playmini and unsilenced frontpipe I could sell. It's been on a car, not sure how long for but it's in pretty much perfect nick. Baz should be able to tell you how old it is - it was his I think!

These cost about £250 new direct from Playmini i'd take half for it. PM if you want it, you would have to collect from Edinburgh.

it was mine GAJ... ;)

bought in early 2005 so 4 years old now.. :yes nod:

GAJ
8th May 2009, 10:06 PM
it was mine GAJ... ;)

bought in early 2005 so 4 years old now.. :yes nod:

No, yours is still on my car, this is another!:thumbs up:

Craig
8th May 2009, 10:08 PM
No, yours is still on my car, this is another!:thumbs up:

jings, thats just greedy... ;):yes nod:

Crombers
11th May 2009, 10:29 AM
jings, thats just greedy... ;):yes nod:

Yeah but it's a Playmini , so it's greedy in a good way :thumbs up:

GAJ
11th May 2009, 10:44 AM
Yip. It's rattling about in the back of my car at the moment. If Lowrider decides he doesn't want it it will be appearing in the For Sale section soon.

wu_swordsman
25th May 2009, 02:33 PM
Alright mate, I have a genuine R50 exhaust that has only seen 9000miles and is as good as new. I live in Edinburgh are you local? it came of my mini one to make way for a playmini the bracket is as good as new also. No corrosion on either. I assume this would still fit a 2002 cooper.

I was selling it on ebay but the guy who won the auction has let me down.

Cheers Dan