PDA

View Full Version : 5k?

scotty86
12th March 2009, 05:32 PM
ok guys i pondered buying a mini just before xmass and ended up with a ford puma lol! dont no how but i did...

the puma i like it and i do have alot of idea's for it but! always a but aint there before i part with any cash on modifiying the puma i have thought again about a mini!

within a couple of months i will have roughly 5k to play with... would i get a decent mini for this cash? i have been looking roughly through the usual place autotrader pistonheads mini forums ect... but obv you guys are the experts and just looking for any help really...

so a mini for a ford puma yes or no?
5k will i get what im after?
will the mini hold my attention span? (i have driven a few i like them but am coming from a day to day and subtle mods view)

the mini i would be after just to paint the picture

preferably a cooper with 50 and below mileage?? possible??

cheers guys and any comments welcome!!!

scotty :thumbs up:

Forbes
12th March 2009, 07:24 PM
Some of the older ones are starting to come down to the £4k-£5k mark but i don't think you will get anything great. And from my own experiences i have payed out almost £1000 in repairs (power steering pump, rear wiper and something to do with steering) in 2 years for a 2004 plate, due to this if i was in the same situation again i would of waited for a facelift model, due to them having better parts, but they are £6kish from a few i have seen for a One. So maybe wait and save a bit more would be my 2pennies worth

Craig
12th March 2009, 08:39 PM
Scotty,

buy a MINI.

save up for a face-lift.

Job Done:yes nod:

Man went in search of Car Heaven - found a MINI.. THE END.

It was a MINI Adventure :yes nod::thumbs up:

scotty86
12th March 2009, 09:24 PM
Scotty,

buy a MINI.

save up for a face-lift.

Job Done:yes nod:

Man went in search of Car Heaven - found a MINI.. THE END.

It was a MINI Adventure :yes nod::thumbs up:

lol well put mate!

craig urs is the facelift model aint it?

so i'm looking at 6k for a face lift mmmm and stay away from the early models?

Craig
12th March 2009, 09:46 PM
yeah Scotty, mine is a facelift (one of the last actually made in Sept 2006).

your looking for cars mid 2004 onwards. The headlights and bumpers are different and are the biggest giveaway. Look at my gallery page and it will give you an idea. :smilewinkgrin:

I knew all this talk of another car was just that anyway - I knew you would come back to a MINI.:yes nod:

Gismo
13th March 2009, 05:36 AM
Are you trading in the Puma as well?? that'll surely give you some extra cash, i'd have a word with our Sponsor, Mark at Saltire Vehicles :thumbs up:
If you have a choice, then a face lift model would be the better option

GCA3N
13th March 2009, 07:29 AM
ok guys i pondered buying a mini just before xmass and ended up with a ford puma lol! dont no how but i did...

the puma i like it and i do have alot of idea's for it but! always a but aint there before i part with any cash on modifiying the puma i have thought again about a mini!

within a couple of months i will have roughly 5k to play with... would i get a decent mini for this cash? i have been looking roughly through the usual place autotrader pistonheads mini forums ect... but obv you guys are the experts and just looking for any help really...

so a mini for a ford puma yes or no?
5k will i get what im after?
will the mini hold my attention span? (i have driven a few i like them but am coming from a day to day and subtle mods view)

the mini i would be after just to paint the picture

preferably a cooper with 50 and below mileage?? possible??

cheers guys and any comments welcome!!!

scotty :thumbs up:

MIni all the way, I was converted 2 years ago, seen the light. These wee cars are amazing, so much fun in a car. I only had 8K to spend two years ago, and finally found my cooper with very low miles. There are alot of deals out there and alot of people wanting quick sales. I know of some one who got 2K off of a cooper s. Just have to haggle. Best of luck in your search.:thumbs up:

john
13th March 2009, 10:41 AM
£5k will get you an 's' these days but they are few and far between at that price.

I have been offered two and they were nice cars too.

You will easily get a Cooper for £5k

ianking
13th March 2009, 10:57 AM
Recently sold my white Cooper for £4750.

Crombers
13th March 2009, 01:02 PM
Dont' be to put off by pre face lift 2004 cars. Mine is one of the last (May 2004) and admittantly has had new steering pump, column & rack fitted (mostly under warranty :hand:). Watchdog raised the steering issue recently so it would appear that MINI are being brought to task on the matter. Check the cars history to see what warranty work has been done.

£6K should 'just' get you into 'private' 2004 '54' R50/ONE territory for the 'facelift' model going by the cars for sale in Autotrader

(& hopefully in a couple of years time will get you into R56 ONE range ;)).